event Northwest ChileFest 2011

Hmmm, was checking out the website the Vasa camp has, no mention of Wifi availability...... I am gonna bring the laptop just in case.....

One More Day to go!!!!

Aaron, can't help with the fataliis, but don't stress on it! Just make something you like, it doesn't have to be super-spicy as there will be (probably) more than half the people who are not superhot chileheads.

I'm bringing a basic spud salad, with a twist, but not super spicy. There will be enough hot items to burn the palates of those who desire it. :thumbs up:

Walt, I haven't seen a WiFi reference either. You'd think they would have it, but since they are in a rural area, there's always the off chance of picking up an unsecured network. We're bringing the notebook also. ....but if all else fails.....I can at least use hubby's Crackberry!

For Everyone on Saturday, We are supposed to be in campsites #3-5. Someone will get a post up somehow tomorrow/Friday (via 'berry or wifi) for sure, just so you know where to go.

Bring your sun screen, chocolate milk and Tums....it's gonna be a hot weekend!

See y'all soon~

I go a small bottle of my sauce done today :woohoo: Its upside down as we speak. Might be a bit thick, but would like critism anyways. I was also planning on bringing a rustic spice bread, done in a Cast Iron, but I ran out of Fatalii's :mad: So now I might have to go to the store for something else. Or just not do it :( We will see, if I find something. Anyone know if there is a Farmers Market that may carry them or any other hot peppers?
Aaron

Hey HH, i'm looking forward to trying your sauce! I found super hots at the Lake Forest Park farmers market. I think the market is only held on weekends though. If you find some markets that carry super hots, let me know! :)

I am going to swing out there for a little bit tonight around 7:30-8 if anyone needs me to pick anything up for them, call me and leave a message if I don't pick up 425 785 1289 Sam

Hello everybody. I don't know if any of you are able to be online.. I need to run something by everyone, My wife just went to the hospital to get some antibiotics and treatment.. I got sick 3 weeks ago, got over it, wife n saydee(daughter) got sick bc of me, got over it, wife picked up a different cold/virus a few days ago and now were sick again.. Were both on antibiotics as of now. I havn't been sick in a year and a half..I mean for fuck sake really??..Kinda blows that the 3 weeks I'm sick happen to land on this week that I requested off work for vacation and this event :( . Colds are always weird with me and sometimes I'll get up the next day and feel like a million bucks :pray: I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow, I will do what I can today.. My wife says if her zithromax (she cant take amoxicillian) isn't making her shit through a screen door shes game to still go lol.. It's up to you guys though. I don't wanna take my sickass to meet you all and get you all sick.. I'd feel like a big POS.. We'll be outside and all but still.. I'm worried about it.. If my wife can't go I'm still gonna put my helmet on and drive my ass there if you are all fine with it..If anyone doesn't want me to go please let me know I proooomise that I won't take offense.. I won't be there long (gotta take care of the family if they're still not well) I still would love to meet you all in person. My wifes telling me to go and shes upset thinkin she won't be able to.. Not a fun day at the BigCedar household. :mope:
Hope you all have fun today.
Thinkin bout yall
Brandon.

Pretty Ballsy throwin your numba out there Sam - be sure to remove it later
(could be their business number~ :?:) Sam, we should be there by then. SeeYa!
edit- Doesn't look like we'll be able to get on the road until 4:00, which would put us there around 8:30-9:00.

BigCedar-
my vote is everyone come on out (if they ain't sitting on the pot ;) ). Just be conscientious of hand wash and cleanliness and don't sneeze on the salads...you know, the usual food stuff...

I'll have some hand sanitizer there as well as soap for hand washing and a bleach bucket with a bleach rag. (I know, I know....but I've had too many years in food service to try and work without a bleach bucket. :crazy: )

(could be their business number~ :?:) Sam, we should be there by then. SeeYa!
edit- Doesn't look like we'll be able to get on the road until 4:00, which would put us there around 8:30-9:00.

BigCedar-
my vote is everyone come on out (if they ain't sitting on the pot ;) ). Just be conscientious of hand wash and cleanliness and don't sneeze on the salads...you know, the usual food stuff...

I'll have some hand sanitizer there as well as soap for hand washing and a bleach bucket with a bleach rag. (I know, I know....but I've had too many years in food service to try and work without a bleach bucket. :crazy: )

Lol. Don't worry I've been using more purell than water today. I'll be bringing some as well.. Of course I won't be sneezing on any food lol.. My dad started a produce market when he was 16 and I started working there when I was 15, I definitely know about food safety. too well! So don't think your crazy, trust me I get it I'm the same way. I'm still contimplating going.. I want to meet you all but I'd feel so bad if I got any of you sick :( The way it's looking if anyone goes it'll be me. My wifes pretty jacked up.. Anyway, I have a box of homemade tortilla chips from my store.. 12 or 16 bags I think? I recently brought them to a family get together and everyone couldn't stop talking about them, Should go good with any salsa you guys have.. Everyone can take a bag or 2 home please :) sorry I'm not bringing more than that I feel bad :( only thing weve been eating for the last 3 days is frozen dinners..
anyway keep us updated, thanks for the reply
Brandon

I think I have just the thing for you BC

n3NA9.jpg

Wish I could join you all tonight, sadly my wife doesn't think a 19 month old should be sleeping in a tent. :rolleyes: Ohwell, I'll definitely be there tomorrow morning though. Can't wait to meet everyone and get light up ;)

Seriously though hope you can make it.

:rofl: love the picture Ryan. I wish I had one of those suits.. infact I wish I woulda stuck my wife in one of those when she got sick then I wouldn't be ridin the big sickbus right now lol.. I'm gonna try man, no promises, I currently feel like a big POS. I bought a big rockstar, dayquil, and some NoDoz so that should liven me up tomorrow morning :party: Nobody judge me if I can't sit still for 3 seconds :lol:

Wish I could join you all tonight, sadly my wife doesn't think a 19 month old should be sleeping in a tent. :rolleyes: Ohwell, I'll definitely be there tomorrow morning though. Can't wait to meet everyone and get light up ;)

Thanks for the reply HabHeat. I'm gonna try my best to make it out there. Haha. Your wife sounds just like mine :) I'm sure they'll get along just fine lol. and about gettin lit up? I'm jealous I'd love to share a beer with you all.. especially since alcohols the only thing that sounds somewhat appetizing today lol.. I heard the drink til your toasted and sweat it out method works pretty well for colds so I'll be going for that tonight :beer: :beer: :beer: :cheers:

Sorry I couldn't make it out tonight! See you tomorrow. BTW that is my personal cell#, all I ask is people remember we are in the PST zone, please no 3 AM phone calls (it has happened in the past)

Richard. Don't bring firewood no firepits. Sent via crackberry

Back