event NW Campout Sept 14-16, 2018

Looking Good, 1F1!

That's a real bummer PaulG.  I hope something comes up and you can make it. 

Maybe I will have to go get him and bring him. My friends are coming so Tristan can ride up with them. In fact they can bring all my stuff so my rig would be free to haul PaulG and his things.

onefowl1 said:
Should have several different pepper jellies also.
Sounds like you are loaded for bear, Jacen!

PaulG we will be happy to pay the money to your yurt as we want to have the potluck between our 2 yurts. If you come you still have a spot to stay there. Also my friends are cool with bringing Tristan and our stuff so I can drive down and pick you up to come if you want.

I'm going to try making some BBQ pork char you.

Do I need to bring an easy up canopy? It can be set up at the yurts.

2 quarts of fresh blueberry syrup.
IMG_20180818_111747181.jpg

Sure bring the easy up canopy Ann I would rather have it and not need it then the other way around. As to your bbq pork yummmmm.

pork-got a test batch marinating~~~~  will post results tomorrow~  :cool:

depending on the results....we'll see if I should stay with the posted recipe or head out into left field.  The recipe uses all prepared sauces like catsup, hoisin, teriyaki....I usually try to go all from scratch, but If it tastes great, we'll stick with that.

The pork came out pretty good.  Not stellar, but good enough that it all got eaten.  I cooked it in a cast iron pot on the stove, trying to cook in a way that can be done camping.  I actually liked cooking it in the chicken pan, kind of like a dutch oven with a handle. 

The recipe- I didn't care for the 5 Spice flavor, the whole thing tasted too sweet, so the recipe will get some tweaking.

In the meantime....got a little something started.....some fresh sauerkraut!  It's all plain right now while it's getting all happyhappy to start with.  After a couple weeks, I'll divide it up and add some spice to part of it. 

What do you think, Fatalii or Jonah 7 Pot?
IMG_7145.JPG

IMG_7146.JPG

IMG_7147.JPG

onefowl1 said:
PaulG we will be happy to pay the money to your yurt as we want to have the potluck between our 2 yurts. If you come you still have a spot to stay there. Also my friends are cool with bringing Tristan and our stuff so I can drive down and pick you up to come if you want.
-Sorry I didn't see this until just now, Jacen. As it turns out, I will be able to snag the car that weekend! Thanks for the offer.  I'm not sure if Tyler is coming or not. If not, there will be some room in the yurt for a couple off folk. 
Okay, I'm back in the saddle.  I'll be bringing some powder blends for sharing as
well as a bag of Tristens PDNxBMJ cross pods. 

Shall I bring the usual Bloody Mary makings for Sunday morning? I think I already
know the answer!

Any other incidentals I can bring?  Eggs? Bread? etc?

I am looking forward to seeing y'all again - Any idea about how many are signed up?

P.S. We have a 10 x 10 canopy as well.  I'll bring it if you think it's
a good idea.  Anyone seen a long range weather forecast?

YAY!!!! PaulG is back at it!!! And, Yes, please, for the Sunday appetizer!

:Dance:. WootWoot!

Onefowl1, can your gang make a big pot of chili for Friday evening? Probably 3 gallons. It can be made ahead and frozen. I can bring a crock pot or the electric hotel pan warmer.
People can eat as they arrive and set up.

I'm looking for a spot to Park my truck. I have a truck tent that I can use. I've checked all of the camping spots and they're all gone.

The yurts have long parking strips, and there are several other sites that can fit a truck. There are usually a few sites canceled at the last minute. I can let the rangers know and put dibs on one. We'll find a spot for ya.

James, I'm pretty sure Our campsite will have enough room. I think they all can hold at least 2 vehicles. So far it's
Just Me and Rory. Alex might drive down for Saturday again.

Smokin James said:
I'm looking for a spot to Park my truck. I have a truck tent that I can use. I've checked all of the camping spots and they're all gone.
Lots of space between yurts 19-20...

Aight....  I'll have a pot of chili ready to go on Friday evening.  I also have some fresh sauerkraut (some plain, some spicy).  People can bring their own hot dogs and make chilidogs, or just eat chili.  Will have cheese and chips also. 

Saturday- PotLuck!

Sunday Breakfast- pancakes, sausages, eggs, fresh blueberry syrup....bloody marys.....
Sunday afternoon- GO HAWKS!!!

PaulG said:
P.S. We have a 10 x 10 canopy as well.  I'll bring it if you think it's
a good idea.  Anyone seen a long range weather forecast?

Looks pretty good, partly cloudy, chance of showers, high 60's.  Better bring the canopy if possible.  I'm putting a rack on the back of the RV for extra hauling space. 

Back