event NWCF- campout summary, post #83

Just heard from 1fowlone! He and Tristan are camping. :woot:

Just got a PM of someone sending sauces out for us!  not telling who......yet.....

He's sending-jerk sauce, a BBQ sauce and a Caribbean Red Habanero/mango sauce

but this gave me an idea for trading~

There's a few trades and such happening for sauces.  :woohoo:

Next thing is-

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO FOR A CONTEST?????

I'm thinking----

Spicy Wings challenge

-or-

Pepper Eating contest.

Wings-
either make a couple different heats of wings, or just all extreme (NO EXTRACT Like WingDome uses... :sick:)

Pepper eating-
do a couple different chiles like jalapeno, habanero, superhots of some sort

What d'yall think?

Or offer up another contest idea if someone has a a good one~

;)....

Any grower wanna take point on a fresh chile eating contest?

salsalady said:
;)....

Any grower wanna take point on a fresh chile eating contest?
I will bring as many fresh pods as I can muster.  
There are a lot ripe now, but I hope there are more later in Sept.

:dance:  Awesome!  Thanks, PaulG! 

BTw, we're close enough to the campout, if you have some fresh now or soon, those VeggieFresh bags will help keep 'em good.  Glad makes some. 

Any other growers bring some along.  We'll figure something out. 

salsalady said:
:dance:  Awesome!  Thanks, PaulG! 

BTw, we're close enough to the campout, if you have some fresh now or soon, those VeggieFresh bags will help keep 'em good.  Glad makes some. 

Any other growers bring some along.  We'll figure something out. 
How long will they keep?  In the fridge?

I've been able to keep ripe chiles in good shape for 2-3 weeks.  If they are a bit underripe, 4-weeks.  In the fridge.

salsalady said:
I've been able to keep ripe chiles in good shape for 2-3 weeks.  If they are a bit underripe, 4-weeks.  In the fridge.
Sounds good - we're about 3.5 weeks out.

Am I correct in thinking there will be a chili eating contest?  I haven't seen any other votes.

I will try to bring some with a range of heat from mild to superheat.  When I get them ready,
I'll post a pic or two of what folk might be in for!

How about food?  I volunteered to bring the bacon for the meals, and Bloody Marys for Sunday morning.
How much bacon should I bring?  Sounds like Organic Pepper has the cooking and food under control!

Okay.  I'm starting to get excited   :party:

Yes, sounds like a chile eating contest.  We'll figure it out.  I'll bring a weigh scale in case y'all decide to portion by weight, and I'll front the prize of a basket of sauces.  I have a great selection of sauces from a variety of companies right now.  Love to share~~~ :)   

I'm trying to pre-cook as much as possible, going to make the B&G ahead of time.  either making pure evil brownies or cinnamon rolls with pure evil frosting for mornings. 

Everyone should plan on bringing a side, appetizer or dessert for the Saturday PotLuck.  I think it would be apropriate to have a donation jar to help OrganicPepper with his food costs.  Couple bucks each would help, but is not required. 

I'll get my stuff together and post a full re-cap soon. 

PS- DuvallDave, if you're following this, I'm placing an order for a case of SSG!  :)  LOVE that stuff!  I'll PM if I don't hear back on here~

Scheduled a vacation day for the 12th, now depending on if it is approved, I will at least make it out sometimes Saturday afternoon after I wake up (downfall of working a graveyard shift). Looking forward to it!

YES PLEASE, DeeRoo!!!  I'll trade you back if you're interested.  

I have some hobby sauces that have come in, and a box from RedHawk! 

Hmmm.....I have a feeling that Dee Roo's box might be "missing" the bottle of Swamp Juice...... :halo: .....:lol:

looking forward to meeting you, miacova~

Anne - how many folk do you think will be in the pepper-eating contest?  
With a larger turnout, maybe there will be more takers.  Based on the two
contests I have been there for, I'm thinking 10 or 12?  Maybe bring a few
more milds than superheats for those who drop out early  ; )

Also be sure to bring a bottle of spicy worchestershire so I can buy one
for the bloodies.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not gonna happen. Not gonna pay for Worcestershire .
Trying to post a smiley on the phoan....

Hey Ann.  As usual, some complications will limit my time at the event. Can't we just do it for the whole week? :P Sharon and I are going to the Mark Knopfler concert at the winery on Sat. night and Lindsey was on schedule to finish the entire PCT hike in Canada this same week and we gotta go pick her up. The fires around Stehekin, Newhalem, Twisp, etc, might end her hike at Glacier Peak a bit early. I will make as much of the Fest as I possibly can. Sounds like it's going to be a great one again! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Stay safe. 

We'll be there Friday and there's Sunday breakfast also. Plenty of time early Saturday to hang out before the concert. Keep us posted.

PaulG, sorry for the funky post. Not used to typing on the stoopitphoan. I meant I'll have Worcestershire for you. Don't have to buy it.

I'm looking to get Thursday and Sunday night camping.  It's been a hellofa summer, this looks like it'll be my "vacation".  Evan, Trevor and Bryce are thinking about camping also, but I just checked and all campsites are reserved.  Jacen and Tristan are camping also.  I know there're people who have room, We'll figure it out~~~ 

Back