event NWCF- campout summary, post #83

salsalady said:
If you have a variety, maybe 6 or 8 of each, contestants start with the milder and eat up to the hottest. Also, they can eat the first two, then take a 30 second break, eat the next 2, take a break. That will allow a bit of time for the heat to get going.
Did I already say I would bring a weigh scale? Digital grams. Try to get equal weight.  I'll get as close as I can...
Thanks, Ann.   I'll bring extras.  Some are so hot and big, they may
need to be cut in half or even quarters.........or not   :twisted:

Going to check the pods in the fridge right now.  

organic pepper said:
Getting close for this :dance: Been 20 yrs plus since I went camping. Going to the Cash and Carry, Restaurant Depo and the Chinese markets to start getting stuff for this. Doing a 5 and 6 day marinade on a couple of items.

Sorry to hear you cant make it out Tubro, Well. if you do get a chance that would be great.

Ann Have we figured out about plates, forks, napkins and cups? Let me know or give me a call by next week and I'll see what I can scrounge up.

Wow Paul! Those peppers are sounding awesome for the contest. That's one contest I'm sure I wont be in. At least not camping. Don't want to wake the camp grounds screaming the next morning. :mouthonfire:  Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Cheers all!

Awesome, Aaron. you are the man, brother!

Just to recap:
Our group is bringing 4 cases of brews to share
Bloody Marys Sunday
4 lbs. of bacon
Some homemade cheese and jerky 
edit:  oh yeah, and some salsa

We don't have anyone who has spoken up for the dry goods.  If noone volunteers, I'll get some. 

Everyone who's camping should have a couple extra for the non-potluck meals.  I can get some at C&C on the way.

We have some sauces sent in for critique/review.  Here's a form I put together.  Is there anything else that should be on there?  ANything confusing? Other suggestions? I can't find the one we had a couple years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_4614.JPG
    IMG_4614.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 98
salsalady said:
We have some sauces sent in for critique/review.  Here's a form I put together.  Is there anything else that should be on there?  ANything confusing? Other suggestions? I can't find the one we had a couple years ago.

Good idea, Ann!

I have checked the garden out and I should have pods
available of these varieties, in no particular order.

Fresh from the bush:
Red Habanero
"Scorpion"
Bonda x Yellow 7
Bhut Jolokia
NagaBrain
Datil
Primo
Thai
Costeno Amarillo - the mildest
Trippa's F3

From the fridge:
Scotch Bonnet TFM
Fatali x Red Savina

Maybe I'll have some fresh Cheiro Recifes by then.

Maybe someone will bring some milder varieties.  

Weigh in on preferences/ideas, folks!

:fireball:  :fireball:  :fireball: :dance:  

I hate posting on the stoopidphoan....
".... Try to get equal weight.  I'll get as close as I can..."

I meant that we can use the scales to try and get each contestant's portion close to the same weight.  :sigh:  The phone keeps trying to interpret what I write and edit spelling and I'm like..."YES I want to say CHIPOTLE not CHITLINS!!!"  so  I try to abbreviate the text and that makes for other problems in that it sounds different than what I intended. 

Anyway, PaulG~ Don't sweat it, we'll figure it out or make it up as we go!!!  :dance:

Teasers~

just had a really scary thougth.....I'm going to be wearing daily contacts this weekend...for the first time in a few years.......

What are the chances I can make it through the weekend without capsaicin-lacing my eyes???? 

This is probably one of those "put gloves on BEFORE dealing with the contacts" scenarios...

Attachments

• IMG_4595.JPG
    IMG_4595.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4602.JPG
    IMG_4602.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4604.JPG
    IMG_4604.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4600.JPG
    IMG_4600.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 93
I just got this from the WA State Park internet site....

Effective 9/5/15: Campfires allowed in Western WA state parks. Burn ban still in effect in EA. WA.
Campers at state parks in Western Washington may have wood and charcoal campfires beginning Saturday, Sept. 5. Also allowed are propane campfire pits. 

The burn ban still continues for state parks in Eastern Washington as dry conditions and wildfires are still an issue. Fires in most Eastern Washington state parks are restricted to gas or propane cook stoves only. Gas- or propane-powered campfire pits will be allowed in some east side parks on a case-by-case basis. Please visit individual park webpages to find out which parks are allowing them.

:dance:

My TMobile dumbphone rarely works at Kanaskat. In a few spots I have gotten one bar for like 5 seconds. I want to help out with goodies and shopping as much as possible Ann, but my schedule got even more complicated. I will definitely be in and out for this hellishly wondrous event. After I get back from Canada Wednesday I might be taking Lindsey back to Stevens Pass to finish up the section she skipped because of the Blankenship fire. That part of the PCT just opened up and they might want back in Thursday or so. Also we will be resupplying two PCT thru hiker friends Thur/Fri from New Zealand at our house. If I can't shop for anything I will be more than happy to pay anyone for supplies, etc. Crazy crazy. Wish I could commit to times and days, but my time is no longer my own this week. By the way, Ann, I drove through Carlton on the way home from Rainy Pass Friday the 4th and it was raining! See ya soon!

TrueNorthReptiles said:
Hmm... Why could I possibly be posting this in this thread?
IMG_20150906_183423182.jpg
IMG_20150906_192312449.jpg
IMG_20150906_222120636.jpg

You're making a ROAD TRIP to Washington? ???
hogleg said:
Whoa, what a minute! Whats the white colored sauce, Ann? Is that what I think it is?

maaaaaay-beeeee......:lol:

chileaddict said:
My TMobile dumbphone rarely works at Kanaskat. In a few spots I have gotten one bar for like 5 seconds. I want to help out with goodies and shopping as much as possible Ann, but my schedule got even more complicated. I will definitely be in and out for this hellishly wondrous event. After I get back from Canada Wednesday I might be taking Lindsey back to Stevens Pass to finish up the section she skipped because of the Blankenship fire. That part of the PCT just opened up and they might want back in Thursday or so. Also we will be resupplying two PCT thru hiker friends Thur/Fri from New Zealand at our house. If I can't shop for anything I will be more than happy to pay anyone for supplies, etc. Crazy crazy. Wish I could commit to times and days, but my time is no longer my own this week. By the way, Ann, I drove through Carlton on the way home from Rainy Pass Friday the 4th and it was raining! See ya soon!
 Wow, crazy week for you, but come out when you can.  You know where we're camping, same spots as usual.  If you want to "sponsor" the dry good, that would be appreciated.  I'll pick up plates and cutlery.

TrueNorthReptiles said:
Nope, but these sauces will be. Sending them out tomorrow morning.

All 3 I serve in my restaurant. Left to right: spicy BBQ, jerk and habanero mango.
Awright, Ben!!  Woot!  Wish you were coming along...
Those sound and look just awesome!    :drooling:

Here are the chilis for the contest.  Let me know if you think we need more, I can add a few to most of the varieties.

First round, Pepperocini, Costeño Amarillo:
IMG_1322a_zpsrwhmsfzd.jpg

Red Habaneros, NagaBrains, F3 cross:
IMG_1319a_zpsssequj55.jpg

Scorpions, Datil, Primos, Thai, Bonda x Yellow 7:
IMG_1320a_zpsvtw0vyq3.jpg

But wait, there's more...  Special Mystery Guest:
IMG_1321a_zps2f4cib5j.jpg

Shucks, I was hoping you were cashing in some airline miles or something. :lol:   Your sauces= the next best thing!  Thanks so much for sharing.  They look delicious, can't wait to try them!

More Teasers-

(in the new KFC Colonel's singing voice...)
Biscuits and Gravy.....
IMG_4619.JPG

and a big ol' brownie...
IMG_4620.JPG

NWCF 2015 Tribute Sauce, more on this later-
IMG_4618.JPG

IMG_4622.JPG

The tribute sauce looks awesome, Ann!

What do you think of the peppers?

crap!  Cross-posting and I didn't see those gorgeous pods of heat!!!

Oh, My GOODNESS!  Awesome!!!!  Beautiful!!! I'll have to make sure the Prize Basket is worthy of this.  

I'll post a teaser of some of the sauces.  I have 5 from Dee-Roo, a couple from Lucky Dog, a Hot Spicy Girl (DuvallDave/SeaFire), a High River Sauces, a FatCat, and a plethora from Texas Creek including some not-for-sale special edition sauces.

PaulG said:
Awright, Ben!!  Woot!  Wish you were coming along...
Those sound and look just awesome!    :drooling:

Here are the chilis for the contest.  Let me know if you think we need more, I can add a few to most of the varieties.

First round, Pepperocini, Costeño Amarillo:
IMG_1322a_zpsrwhmsfzd.jpg

Red Habaneros, NagaBrains, F3 cross:
IMG_1319a_zpsssequj55.jpg

Scorpions, Datil, Primos, Thai, Bonda x Yellow 7:
IMG_1320a_zpsvtw0vyq3.jpg

But wait, there's more...  Special Mystery Guest:
IMG_1321a_zps2f4cib5j.jpg
Dang, look at those pods! I'm jelly!

And I bumped that BBQ sauce up a notch compared to what I serve my customers. It will still be tame. I really hope y'all enjoy and have a blast and keep safe.

We will be expecting lots of pics.

TrueNorth~! bumping up the heat...  it is much apprciated!  

I plan on spending a good amount of time with the camera and recording!  Much more from me than in previous years.  

Hey Ann. You think that raccoon family will remember us from last year? I can supply a two person or a 6 person tent to anyone who needs one. Let me know if you could use extra supplies such as ice chests, 2 burner Camp Chef cooker, firewood, a few more chairs, etc. 

chileaddict said:
Hey Ann. You think that raccoon family will remember us from last year? I can supply a two person or a 6 person tent to anyone who needs one. Let me know if you could use extra supplies such as ice chests, 2 burner Camp Chef cooker, firewood, a few more chairs, etc. 
That's the spirit, Richard!  

Really hope you can hang out some.
Got a little sumptin' sumptin' for ya, buddy!

Back