event NWCF IS ALMOST HERE! LETS TALK ABOUT FOOD!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but I'm ready to start a Q & A thread about where to have the NWCF2013! :rofl:

------ more on that later--------- ;)

Well, for now, I hope MzKitty is down for the z-bread and pretzels. RS67---just let her know that I made a knock-off dessert for a bbq recently, and I brought home a couple (sour cream size) tubs for the 'Kid and his buddy to enjoy. The friend is still talking about it and wants some more of that dessert next time he comes over. WIN!

Is it September yet?

Sadly I am out.

I told Scovie by PM - I had actually started researching flights and getting my miles tallied to get a discount on my flight...I was so in. Then I got accepted into the Farmer's Market Association, which is a huge part of my business plan. As I want/need to expand to more than 1 market, I was advised that attendance would be the best way (e.g. another market will give someone the boot if they flake every couple weeks and if my attendance is perfect or close to they'll put me in that slot) - it's very competitive and hard to get into markets in my area.

I start in Septmber, so needless to say my Saturdays are booked. I may be able to get into a Sunday market too, so that pretty much kills any chance of me getting out of town in Sept. :(

Have fun though!

Mega, from what people I can remember who said they'd be there, it looks like we have 18 THP members representing, plus 1-3 additional people per member for spouses/family/kidsthatgetdrugalongfortheride. So we could have 40-ish for the picnic.

I know some were having issues with getting time off work, so hopefully they'll get those details worked out to at least come spend some time on Saturday.

I just received confirmation of the picnic shelter reservation. We have it from 9am-8pm.

I'm going to put out a small table with some things for sale. Some are "scratch-n-dents", some are test batches, and I'll also have some of our regular products for sale at a discount sale price. Maybe some Pure Evil t-shirts......

WOOT! That's great to hear, Jerret!

Scovie....:shakeshead:.... :lol:

^^^what she said!!!!^^^^

AWESOME!

Last December, someone asked about the weather.

It's Guaranteed to be HOT! In more ways than one~~~~

We have the picnic shelter reserved which has water and electricity. I'll bring some cords, splitters, and such, and we have camp/trailer stoves to use for reheating. So for things like chili, B&R, etc, we can reheat the stuff on a stove and then stick it in crock pots, etc to keep warm. The shelter also has 2 BBQ pits, but without seeing them I wouldnt' want to commit to using them for anything. I also have a large free-standing burner I'll bring along if needed.

Personally, I don't plan on doing a whole lot of actual cooking onsite. Depending on the TD, that might change for one meal, but utilizing pre-prep'ed things sound really good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back