event NWCF IS ALMOST HERE! LETS TALK ABOUT FOOD!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought...
How about a chili 'potluck' type thang?

KevinH is talkin about bringing some. I would gladly whoop up a pot of Gramma Joe's Red Pork Chili.

Huh?

Anyone else in? We could still do wings and burgers, or chips and dips, just more simpler.

Thoughts? ? ?

OK- but from a food service view how would a chili thing work? Those who live close could make it at home and bring it hot. Those who live more than 2 hrs from the party need to worry about chilling and re-heating.

That can work, we have the means for re-heating, but knowing how picnics like to hang out and drag out....I just want to make sure we can keep everything hot.

Now, I do know a "qualified electrician" who can provide some extention cords and splitters, etc, for crock pots and such. ;)

Maybe if 3-4 wanna cook up some pots'o'goodness, that can be a basis, and the rest of us can bring other potluck side dishes.

I have an electric hotel pan warmer and a 6" deep hotel pan that will hold a (whole lot of) chili (and some 2" pans, but that's not very much chili). It's available to use by anyone .... first come, first dibs...

Lol I could prep most of it and simmer it there When I do mine at home its 5 LBS of meat.. So I might need a 64 qt pot and burner O well.. As for my ABT's I need a smoker. But I am sure some one has one...

It's a Potluck at a CAMPGROUND. I'll put in on ice for the drive over.
How have humans survived all these years? LoL!

We can do whatever tho. Chicken wings better be on ice too.

And you can bet you A$$ my beer will be cold aaaaallllllllllllllllll weekend. :)

OK, Scovie, so whenever I want a cold beer, I'm heading to your campsite! :lol:

KevinH,
there's at least one smoker that can make an appearance if needed. Just let me know and I'll bring it along. And I also have a +64qt pot and "crab-cooker" burner. 5# of meat...no problemo~~~ The pot is "big enough to cook 5 goats...".... true story!

For everyone, make it easy on yourself as much as you can. If someone wants to bring chili....make it all ahead of time at home and chill it or even freeze it for transport. There will be several resources with trailers, cookers, etc for re-heating. And the picnic shelter has electricity for crock pots or hot plates once the stuff has been reheated.

OK- so let's leave it as a full on Pot Luck...and if anyone wants to bring chili, they can, but let's not make it a chili event to where everyone brings chili. More variety food = more good food.

Sound good???

OK When I get back here in a few hours I will Post up What I need if any one wants to help...

OK I will be making a double batch..
2 lbs pork sausage
2 lbs. course ground chuck
2 lbs beef roast
2 lbs pork lion roast
2 lbs bacon
plus precheto and precheta

10 pounds of meat. Should feed all that want some.... I dont think its that hot but I roast all the peppers and garlic.

Do we have a head count ??

KevinH,
there's at least one smoker that can make an appearance if needed. Just let me know and I'll bring it along. And I also have a +64qt pot and "crab-cooker" burner. 5# of meat...no problemo~~~ The pot is "big enough to cook 5 goats...".... true story!

I just posted PMs to just about everyone I know of that are in the NW. Hopefully people will post if they're coming and how many so we can get a head count.
Couldn't get PMs to Lazienfat or PaulG

KevinH, are you looking for help on the ingredients? Should we just chime in to bring one of the items on your list?

Quick summary for those who are checking in-
September 7-9
Kanasket-Palmer State Park, near Seattle
camping Fri-Sun with the chile potluck on Saturday.
We have the Picnic shelter for Saturday
BYO- chairs, adult beverages (lemonade will be provided) and a potluck dish

plates, napkins, cutlery will be provided
There is some equipment available for re-heating or keeping some dishes hot. Post if you need something, maybe someone can help.

For the day-trippers, just show up when you want to on Saturday. Those who live close are welcome to come hang out with us Friday night also. There are a couple of tents available to use. Not sure if there are campsites still available, but we can probably sneak a tent in somewhere. Those who want to camp are encouraged to get a reservation in now. The park will fill up. We're camping in sites 25-29 area.

See y'all soon~

:dance:

Myself and family ( wife and two girls) will at least be making sat. For the day. What are the camping rates? Depending on cost we may make the whole weekend. Either way I will have a pot of beans and rice with me.

And my green ghost pepper sauce. Maybe something else special.

Jerret, I just checked the website and there are sites still available, $28 RV, $22/tent. It looks like #35 and #37 are the only RV/trailer sites available and there are lots of tent sites on the other loop. I'd strongly encourage anyone thinking of camping to go ahead and make your reservation as it will fill up. If you need to cancel later, I think it's about $10, but you'll get the rest of the money back.

http://www.parks.wa.gov/

Awesome, Maligator! Glad that works out for you.

Sam and the McCanliss gang will be there day-tripping. And the others that we already know of..RS67, chileaddict, habbyfam, cj/sd, salsafam, duvallfam, KevinH

Ok - I just read all of page 9 of this thread (but no prior pages), and y'all are cracking me up. You're going CAMPING, and you're worried about how to keep food hot??? Talk about electricity, extension cords....

Guys - Whatever happened to a good old campfire? Push come to shove, dig a hole in the ground, load it with coals, nestle some CI or foil-wrapped pots in there, PRESTO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back