• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2015

Hey everbody. Well I'm still working out of town and have been living in my 17ft travel trailer for the past 5 months. I've got some Jigsaw's soaking and when I get back home this weekend I'll start some more.
Tepin x Lemons are on the list. Thanks to Mike (smileyguy697) for this fantastic pepper. I've got some others on my mind as well, just can't decide. I will be doing SIP and raised beds again this year. Hope all is well out there in the community. Here's to 2015 grow and good luck to you all.
View attachment 18685

maximumcapsicum said:
Inspiring work on the sauce. I like the ratios that you used. I bet it's quite good.
The sauce came out quite good for my first attempt. Next time I will weigh the veggie ingredients. I started to do that this time and just went with volume measurements. A mango or carrot could have a different volume. Weight seems more accurate.

Hope your having a good weekend relaxing

Jaysus... you've been a busy guy Chuck! Lovin' the foodies, and the plants are looking excellent!

Keeping your plants watered while you're away at work is gonna be a challenge. The "plant nannies" Adam mentioned are best for houseplants... it'll be too hot and dry outside to use them if you're gonna be away for a week at a time. Maybe the gravity-fed water barrel will work, but for ease of installation and peace of mind I'd install a drip irrigation setup on a hose timer. Cheers!

stickman said:
Jaysus... you've been a busy guy Chuck! Lovin' the foodies, and the plants are looking excellent!

Keeping your plants watered while you're away at work is gonna be a challenge. The "plant nannies" Adam mentioned are best for houseplants... it'll be too hot and dry outside to use them if you're gonna be away for a week at a time. Maybe the gravity-fed water barrel will work, but for ease of installation and peace of mind I'd install a drip irrigation setup on a hose timer. Cheers!
Thanks for your input Rick. I suppose the barrel would work in a off the grid Guerrilla garden. LOL. I have a couple of drip lines and timers. I think I'll do that. I built a nice little privacy area just outside my kitchen door. I think I'll keep the peppers there, it's close to water source and I can enjoy them while sipping my coffee I the morning.

Here is the 10 day forecast.
View attachment 23043

Looks like you have been a busy over there Chuck, Oil, Powder, Sauce. Nice work on all!! Love the spatula your using on that sauce...fitting for the occasion. :D. Good to hear that you got a call back from work. Still struggling with mother nature over hear on this side, rain, rain, rain. Last week i decided to just go for it. Mowed the rye down, tilled in, and set the plants out in the shade. This past weekend it rained quite a bit and had tornado warnings out this way, ground just doesnt have a chance to dry. Ive never been this late planting and havent started a single thing in the garden...yet. Last night I got a bunch of leaves spread in the garden and tilled them in, it was a muddy mess and bout got stuck a couple times but finished none the less. Tonight I hope to get it tilled one more time and get some peppers in the ground, and hopefully start some other veggies. Forcast looks pretty decent this week so Ill hope for the best. Luckly the wind hasnt been as bad this year cause I didnt get the fence installed like i wanted to, medical bills took precidence so have to postpone till next year. 

Cheers!!

beerbreath81 said:
Looks like you have been a busy over there Chuck, Oil, Powder, Sauce. Nice work on all!! Love the spatula your using on that sauce...fitting for the occasion. :D. Good to hear that you got a call back from work. Still struggling with mother nature over hear on this side, rain, rain, rain. Last week i decided to just go for it. Mowed the rye down, tilled in, and set the plants out in the shade. This past weekend it rained quite a bit and had tornado warnings out this way, ground just doesnt have a chance to dry. Ive never been this late planting and havent started a single thing in the garden...yet. Last night I got a bunch of leaves spread in the garden and tilled them in, it was a muddy mess and bout got stuck a couple times but finished none the less. Tonight I hope to get it tilled one more time and get some peppers in the ground, and hopefully start some other veggies. Forcast looks pretty decent this week so Ill hope for the best. Luckly the wind hasnt been as bad this year cause I didnt get the fence installed like i wanted to, medical bills took precidence so have to postpone till next year. 

Cheers!!
Good to hear from you. Glad you got your tilling done. I hope a extended Spring turns into a extended Summer. Sorry to here about the bills. Nothing is forever. Things always get better.

Good luck with the garden.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

I have been busy lately. Trying to get my sh!t together. Going out of town tomorrow. I'll be back on the weekends. I had to take my travel trailer to rv park 110 miles away yesterday. Came back home to pack and heading back there tomorrow.

I decided to pot up some plants today. I was suppose to be resting, since I only got 4 hours sleep last night. Here's some pic's of my progress. Enjoy and have a great week y'all.

View attachment 23258 View attachment 23259 View attachment 23260 View attachment 23261 View attachment 23262 View attachment 23263 View attachment 23264 View attachment 23265 View attachment 23267 View attachment 23269 View attachment 23270 View attachment 23281 View attachment 23282 View attachment 23283 View attachment 23284 View attachment 23287 View attachment 23288 View attachment 23289 View attachment 23290 View attachment 23291 View attachment 23292 View attachment 23293 View attachment 23294 View attachment 23296 View attachment 23297 View attachment 23298

I still have these to do when I return next week.
View attachment 23299
Dinner!
View attachment 23300 View attachment 23301 View attachment 23302

I saw this guy along my trip back from the RV park. Beautiful animal.
View attachment 23303

This is going to be home for a month or two. Well that's it for pics. Gotta get back to the kitchen. Making more hot sauce for trip out of town.
View attachment 23304
Well I just finished my second batch of sauce. Added 4 Jigsaw's. I cooked the onion and garlic first. It's been a long, but productive day. LOL

1 Whole white Onion
2 cloves of Garlic
2 Lime's
2 Carrot's
4 Tomatillo's
2 large Mango's
1 cup of white vinegar
1/2 cup of water
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger

View attachment 23306

Roguejim said:
Tell us how the sauce tastes in a week or two.
Will do Jim. The last batch lasted only a week. This batch is hotter. I used the plastic ketchup bottle for my stay out of town. It won't last long, as I can't eat food without some heat. Come to think of it. The only thing I don't spice up is, dessert's and fish. I'm going to refine this process and post step by step recipe in sauce forum. I would like to start a sauce recipe only topic. For someone starting out there's a lot of topics to decipher, just to get a basic recipe to start with. I had to go and Google just to get started. Hardly anything out there using Super's. I modified a Scotch Bonnet recipe. I'm hooked on sauce making. I need to order some bottle's so I can make a large amount, for later use. Right now I refrigerate.

Thanks for stopping by.

OCD Chilehead said:
Will do Jim. The last batch lasted only a week. This batch is hotter. I used the plastic ketchup bottle for my stay out of town. It won't last long, as I can't eat food without some heat. Come to think of it. The only thing I don't spice up is, dessert's and fish. I'm going to refine this process and post step by step recipe in sauce forum. I would like to start a sauce recipe only topic. For someone starting out there's a lot of topics to decipher, just to get a basic recipe to start with. I had to go and Google just to get started. Hardly anything out there using Super's. I modified a Scotch Bonnet recipe. I'm hooked on sauce making. I need to order some bottle's so I can make a large amount, for later use. Right now I refrigerate.

Thanks for stopping by.
I think there is a sauce recipe sub-forum. 

Everything's looking good over here, Chuck.  Those SIP buckets should help with keeping things watered while you're away.

Wow Chuck,  Everything is really looking organized this year.   I like how your doing the sauce thing.  I have made a few, but time it seems like a whole new experience, even when it is a kind I have made several times.  When you get comfortable, try one of the fermented sauces, as you will not need to add the vinegar to make it shelf stable, plus it does add a different flavor to them.  I have only made a couple, so still a major newbie at that game.

There are a few hot sauces that use pineapple, etc that you might like on fish.  I made one a few year back that used Bhuts, but the pineapple in it just seemed to want to be used on fish.  Cant remember the ingredients right now, just recovering from having to reload my computer.  Damn viruses!

I bet the peppers do fine while you are out working.  Heck get at least one plant in your trailer so you can putz with it while you are on the road!  Think small Thai or something along that line.  

Take care

Great update Chuck your plants are really pushing on ... Totally agree with bpwilly you should take a plant on your travels ... as for ingredients for hot sauces a collegue at work made a sauce based around black berries .. will have to get the recipe

Sawyer said:
Everything's looking good over here, Chuck.  Those SIP buckets should help with keeping things watered while you're away.
Thanks! They do work better than any other container I've used. It's hard to over water them. I have four 21gallon tote SIP's I need to plant up in this weekend. Last year I planted 2 plants per tote. This year I'm shooting for one per tote to see if I get a more productive result. Plants stay nice and healthy in the SIP's. Last year I tested SIP, plastic pots, smart pots, and raised beds. The SIP's did the best. I'm guessing the raised beds this year are going to take that title. This is the second year for the raised beds. When I went to turn them, they both had a abundance of worm activity.
coachspencerxc said:
Sauce looks good.
Taste even better. I'm going to try a Vinegar, salt, and pepper sauce next. A basic hot wing sauce.

bpwilly said:
Wow Chuck,  Everything is really looking organized this year.   I like how your doing the sauce thing.  I have made a few, but time it seems like a whole new experience, even when it is a kind I have made several times.  When you get comfortable, try one of the fermented sauces, as you will not need to add the vinegar to make it shelf stable, plus it does add a different flavor to them.  I have only made a couple, so still a major newbie at that game.

There are a few hot sauces that use pineapple, etc that you might like on fish.  I made one a few year back that used Bhuts, but the pineapple in it just seemed to want to be used on fish.  Cant remember the ingredients right now, just recovering from having to reload my computer.  Damn viruses!

I bet the peppers do fine while you are out working.  Heck get at least one plant in your trailer so you can putz with it while you are on the road!  Think small Thai or something along that line.  

Take care
Thanks Bill. I was imagining a pineapple sauce. That's how I cook. I imagine ingredient's and what it will taste like. It works quite well for me. I make meals at home for me and the lady and I don't taste it until it hits the plate. Hardly ever fails. With the sauce, I found that by adding the peppers after I get a base works well. If not, I can only get a couple taste's before the heat hits you. I have a bunch of plastic spoons j use for taste test's. I was thinking of bringing a couple plants this weekend. I didn't want to bring last weekend do to possible transplant shock.

Trident chilli said:
Great update Chuck your plants are really pushing on ... Totally agree with bpwilly you should take a plant on your travels ... as for ingredients for hot sauces a collegue at work made a sauce based around black berries .. will have to get the recipe
Thank you sir. I will pick a couple plants this weekend. The good thing about being away for a week at a time, is that I don't sit there and watch them grow by the minute. LOL. I hope there doing well. Black berry sounds interesting. I grew up eating them in my backyard when I was a little one. Still brings back great memories.

Still trying to get use to being out of town. Trying to get a routine.

This is a pic of the field out back. Lots of deer in the morning and evening.
View attachment 23357

Really enjoyed watching this bird eat dandelion seeds this evening. Better then TV.
View attachment 23358

Back