• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2015

Hey everbody. Well I'm still working out of town and have been living in my 17ft travel trailer for the past 5 months. I've got some Jigsaw's soaking and when I get back home this weekend I'll start some more.
Tepin x Lemons are on the list. Thanks to Mike (smileyguy697) for this fantastic pepper. I've got some others on my mind as well, just can't decide. I will be doing SIP and raised beds again this year. Hope all is well out there in the community. Here's to 2015 grow and good luck to you all.
View attachment 18685

Roguejim said:
How long until plant out?
Getting another storm this weekend. Snow level will drop to 7-10,000 feet. I'm around 5,400 feet. Suppose to start warming up in the next week.
bpwilly said:
Nice thing about Ghetto, is that it works and it gives you a good idea what you really want when you decide to upgrade!
I agree Bill. The more I look at other peoples grow, the more I get to thinking the more money you spend on lights and stuff. Doesn't always end up in better results. Don't get me wrong, with the right lights you can grow some pretty nice plants to harvest indoors. In my case. I m just needing a jumpstart on Spring and some overwintering that's not going to break the bank in electricity. It also depends on how many plants as well. My findings have been its all in the soil. Good soil + Good Nutrients = Nice plants. That's where I will put my money for now. But what do I know. I'm just a hobbyist on a budget. LOL

I agree Chuck. Keeping the soil and nutes top notch is key. I am going to try to bring a super to pods using morning window light plus a little extra cfl. One day I want to play with LEDs, but not quite ready for that kind of spending. I do like to max out the space and equipment I have tho.

Very nice Chuck! You'll love how the Baccatums will grow for you, and the rest are looking good too. Nice score on the photography light fixture and WOOT on overnight low temperatures getting into the 40s for you! :woohoo: Won't be long 'til Dirt-day now!

maximumcapsicum said:
I agree Chuck. Keeping the soil and nutes top notch is key. I am going to try to bring a super to pods using morning window light plus a little extra cfl. One day I want to play with LEDs, but not quite ready for that kind of spending. I do like to max out the space and equipment I have tho.
Good luck with that project. I don't see why you couldn't bring it to pod. I see Bonchi' s do it all the time. Conditions. I like the led lights as far as heat. Thought about building one, just don't have the time. They will get better as time goes on.

stickman said:
Very nice Chuck! You'll love how the Baccatums will grow for you, and the rest are looking good too. Nice score on the photography light fixture and WOOT on overnight low temperatures getting into the 40s for you! :woohoo: Won't be long 'til Dirt-day now!
Thanks Rick. I'm being patient. I can make up for it once there outdoors. I'm excited to grow a bunch of new varieties this year. Thanks again to Beerbreath. Plants are doing great.

Trippa said:
Looking good bro! Great score on those light fittings .. hope that snow stays away so you can get to plant out time quicker. Cheers !
The sow missed use. We gait a couple inches of rain out of it.

Had to trim the Aerogarden down a bit. I want to get these out and in to dirt soon. I have some Scotch Bonnet x 7pot Jonah and some Tepin x Lemondrops I want to start. I know it's late, but with the Aerogarden I think I can make something happen. Plus they would be on the OW list.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Really nice Aerogarden starts you have going Chuck, lots of roots and short plants with big green leaves what more can you ask for? Hope the weather warms enough to get them outside soon and get them really growing under the big halide in the sky. 

+1 on that! Keep that mojo workin' man... :)

My aerogarden transplants are doing pretty well so far. I haven't put them in direct sun yet but I've had them outside and they're still happy. Going out of town this weekend, but next week I will put them out a bit and hope to get them hardened off the rest of the way Memorial weekend.

Chuck,

I have never transplanted from a hydroponics medium to soil,  In your experience, how long does it take them to get acclimated to soil and start growing again.  I know transplanting from soil to soil (potting up) can sometimes set them back more than I would like, so I am just wondering about the bare roots to soil.

Bill

Ozzy2001 said:
My aerogarden transplants are doing pretty well so far. I haven't put them in direct sun yet but I've had them outside and they're still happy. Going out of town this weekend, but next week I will put them out a bit and hope to get them hardened off the rest of the way Memorial weekend.
Good luck! Let me know how they turn out.

bpwilly said:
Chuck,

I have never transplanted from a hydroponics medium to soil,  In your experience, how long does it take them to get acclimated to soil and start growing again.  I know transplanting from soil to soil (potting up) can sometimes set them back more than I would like, so I am just wondering about the bare roots to soil.

Bill
This is my first time from hydro to soil. I was trying to replicate the mix so it had enough air and water. I hope they do well. I will update progress as it comes.

Thanks for stopping by guys.

Really nice-looking MoAs Chuck... it's funny that your plants look almost exactly like mine. The short internodal length and hand-sized leaves must be a trait for that variety. Nice that you're hardening off in preparation to planting outside... how many more days 'til D(irt)-Day?

bpwilly said:
Interesting crosses Chuck.  I will be looking forward to the pod pictures this fall!
Im looking forward to these crosses this summer as well. I don't know how big my plants will be, considering how lay it is in the season. The should produce well. I'll OW one of each.

stickman said:
Really nice-looking MoAs Chuck... it's funny that your plants look almost exactly like mine. The short internodal length and hand-sized leaves must be a trait for that variety. Nice that you're hardening off in preparation to planting outside... how many more days 'til D(irt)-Day?
The seeds are original MOA. There doing well since the transplant. Looks like I'm going to get another storm. This time of year means hail. Not going to take a chance. I've picked a spot in the yard to harden off. I might start that process at the end of this week.

D3monic said:
Yea other than sun burn my Moas are the same way.
I'm hoping not to do that. But I think it's unenviable. We have intense sunlight here. It's dry and hot in the Summer. High desert.

View attachment 22804

MOA's don't look any different since transplanting to soil. No new growth yet, but no signs of any shock. View attachment 22805

The plants look great overall. A couple are getting extra attention, nothing to be worried about.
View attachment 22806

These seeds should be germinated in a couple days. They will go into the Aerogarden for a few weeks. Better late than never. View attachment 22807

The beds have been topped off and turned a couple times. Lots of worm activity. Added some more perlite, compost, RCW, and worm castings.
View attachment 22808

You all have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

Chuck

Chuck,

Yoru grow this year is looking great.  I love seeing those huge leaves on the MOA's.  Another year of heat!

I know when I go into my greenhouse, I can pick the MOA out of all the other plants just by seeing the size of the leaves on the compact nature of the plant.  They are pretty unique.

Back