9. 1/2 lb Rice Hulls
Hops

1.  1.0 oz Columbus, 60 min
      2.  1.0 oz Cluster, 15 min
      3.  0.5 oz Centennial, 5 min

Yeast
  1. Safale US-05

package got here

tried it all except the beer, thats for this weekend along with Jbeer other bottle and some more of Ozzys stuff, gonna do it with like 3 other people if we can

I have two packaged packed up and ready to send out with beer and swag and stuff

sauces were awesome

ate half the apple butter already

well me and my other brewer did

i like every one of the sauces, especially the smoked and that tropical one

abbey is awesome on grilled cheese

and i cant remember the 4th sauce, the other red one besides the smoked, i only tried that one briefly

from the spiced beers

TC - 27/50, 33/50, 32/50

One person judged it as a hefe because hes an idiot, and gave it the 27, but we were all in agreement while it was good, it was lacking in all of the wit characters, like everything could have been "more", more spice, more belgian character, that kind of deal, awesome base, just needs more oomph, higher fermentation temperature and more spice would bring that out

Ozzy  - 34/50, 36/50, 38/50

Notes where nice toasty malt, subtle honey, very dominant ester profile, like woah, thin and light and dry, good carb, my overall was too estery, but that was just me, it was still tasty

wheebz said:

Notes where nice toasty malt, subtle honey, very dominant ester profile, like woah, thin and light and dry, good carb, my overall was too estery, but that was just me, it was still tasty

I assume the esters are from the temperature. Did I not get it hot enough then or too hot? Since I couldn't let it free rise being cold I raised it up 2 degrees each day starting 68 until close to 80 then held for 2 weeks.

wheebz said:
from the spiced beers

TC - 27/50, 33/50, 32/50

One person judged it as a hefe because hes an idiot, and gave it the 27, but we were all in agreement while it was good, it was lacking in all of the wit characters, like everything could have been "more", more spice, more belgian character, that kind of deal, awesome base, just needs more oomph, higher fermentation temperature and more spice would bring that out

Wheebz,

Where is the review for my smoked beer?

Back