• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Official Urban Roots seed donation thread

In case you missed the previous thread about this organization, they are a program of Youthlaunch that uses sustainable agriculture practices to teach leadership abilities to underpriveleged youths, donates a large portion of their harvest to local hunger relief, and aims to make healthy food more available to those in need.

You can read all about them here http://www.youthlaunch.org/programs/urbanroots.php

I had the opportunity to help out on the farm last Saturday and can vouch that this is a great group of people with a worthy cause. I also saw on their wish list that they need seeds. Well if there is one thing here at THP that we like almost as much as drinking it's sharing seeds! So I contacted them to see if they would be interested and they would love our help. We have until December to get the seeds there since they start them in January so right now I would like to start a list of people who would like to contribute. I asked them to think about any varieties they would like in particular an will post more info as I recieve it. Just reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list in the 2nd post. Thanks in advance, this should be lots of fun!

Im sure i could find a few different varieties to send their way Tex, let us know their wish list.

Back