• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Oh YESSS!!!!!!!

I had worked for The Kenworth Truck Co. as a production assembler until January 2009, I was laid off when the economy imploded. It was a job I really liked, and had over 13 years with them. I found out last month that they will be increasing production, and would be needing additional employees. My seniority recall rights ended last April, along with most of the others that had been laid off. A couple weeks ago I received a application in the mail out of the blue, with instructions to go to the Kenworth assembly plant to turn it in. Many other former employees had also gotten the same letter. Earlier this week I was called to come in for a interview. I went to the interview this morning at 8am. The interview went well, done by a couple supervisors that I knew very well. I was called around noon and was offered to return! I start in two weeks, allowing me to give 2 week notice to my current employer that I have worked for only 4 weeks. I will be going back to the same wage I left at, (over $24/hr) plus contract raises, medical/dental benefits start Dec 1st, and I will be paid for the holidays!

How can it get better? :dance:

congratulations! thats great news and it's good to know that people are getting back to work. wishing you the best. take care.

way to go, Kenworth is a classy company, they did what they had to do to survive the bad economic times and it paid off, now they are giving back the best way they know how and that is by including their good employees with call back.

Right On, Walt! So glad to hear that for you and Mrs.RS67.
:woohoo:

SL

congrats, but if a company laid me off after 13 years of service I would have looked into either another company or a field more in demand. That or I would have gone back to school. I know from the surface it's a great opportunity, but what happens next year when production slows down again?

congrats, but if a company laid me off after 13 years of service I would have looked into either another company or a field more in demand. That or I would have gone back to school. I know from the surface it's a great opportunity, but what happens next year when production slows down again?

I would sure take back my old job.....

:(

Congrats!!!

School is out, I cannot afford it, plus I am 47, a bit late to take adavantage of any schooling. I will never work a desk job, nor do I ever want to be a cubicle dweller. I have been laid off by KW 4 times, I will always go back when given the chance. Where else can a highschool grad with no college degree make $24/hr? Heck, there are people with BA's that can't find anything that good, or any job for that matter! The best part is, each time I go back, I am higher on the senority list than when I left.

Congrats and it's ok to go back. That's good pay for a job that doesn't require a degree. Many college grads are working at McD's and happy to have that. in this economy a job is a job!! Good for you!

Back