• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ok everyone IT IS ON!!!

JayT coming to you from the Blues casa de beir and eats. We are already into a 30 pack, a sixpack of Shiner (in honor of AJ), two different kinds of tequlla and a spread of food complete with Queso fondido, smoked salmon, salsas, hot sauce, cheese etc etc. I just finished marinating a flank steak that we will turn into some fajitas in a while and now we are back to the booze. I will let TB post the pics of the debauchery so far. Mrs. Blues has cleared out as she wants no part of this hootinany. And I don't blame her

texas blues said:
In fact I felt great!

the blues kitchen, on the other hand, didn't fair so well! and TB almost didn't make it through the evening, by busting out his loathed Christopher Walken impersonation... Yes, JayT he slept on the couch! But JayT was a great guest and it was my pleasure to meet him!

I had a fab time with shopping (sorry Pauly, no lace, will Silk due?) and a movie (Avatar in 3D)! Upon arriving home I was almost afraid to walk in the door because during the obligatory (ok read WARNING!) phone call on my way home I was greeted by the infamous "I LOVE YOU MAN - I THINK I'M DRUNK" from my beloved TB, and a bunch of other unintelligible words I could not decifer! UH OH! :shocked: when I arrive, both TB and JT have a drink in their hand, a line of empties from here to eternity, baseball on TV (musta been for JayT), and not one square inch of empty counter space on the kitchen island! it's 4X5 for God sakes! More food than you could shake a stick at and I am surprised at how little there was left!

After dropping JayT off on the Strip, TB had to win back the affections of his beloved hound! she was in LOVE with JayT!

I haven't seen the video yet, but I assume that since the drunkfest started the minute they walked in the door, that they would have been a blurry mess 5 minutes into it anyway! Pictures only display a tiny glimpse into the chaos, pandemonium and mayhem that insued! fun times were had by all here in the big dry ditch!

I just can't seem to stop reading this thread over and over. I'm still laughing!! The booze and the food are right up my alley.......as is the company!

I'm so meeting up with you all sometime!

mrs.blues said:
the blues kitchen, on the other hand, didn't fair so well! and TB almost didn't make it through the evening, by busting out his loathed Christopher Walken impersonation... Yes, JayT he slept on the couch! But JayT was a great guest and it was my pleasure to meet him!

I had a fab time with shopping (sorry Pauly, no lace, will Silk due?) and a movie (Avatar in 3D)! Upon arriving home I was almost afraid to walk in the door because during the obligatory (ok read WARNING!) phone call on my way home I was greeted by the infamous "I LOVE YOU MAN - I THINK I'M DRUNK" from my beloved TB, and a bunch of other unintelligible words I could not decifer! UH OH! :shocked: when I arrive, both TB and JT have a drink in their hand, a line of empties from here to eternity, baseball on TV (musta been for JayT), and not one square inch of empty counter space on the kitchen island! it's 4X5 for God sakes! More food than you could shake a stick at and I am surprised at how little there was left!

After dropping JayT off on the Strip, TB had to win back the affections of his beloved hound! she was in LOVE with JayT!

I haven't seen the video yet, but I assume that since the drunkfest started the minute they walked in the door, that they would have been a blurry mess 5 minutes into it anyway! Pictures only display a tiny glimpse into the chaos, pandemonium and mayhem that insued! fun times were had by all here in the big dry ditch!

I love this description!!

You sound very understanding!

(lace will be just fine. Got any satin?)

Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain! While she may be the love of my life, she can indeed be a SCORPION WOMAN!! I did try and shoot some video but it was so random and all over the place it was absolutely terrible. I 86'd it....unlike Jay and myself, both of us whom should have been 86'd from The Blues Kitchen. Oh what fun though! Much tequila and hosky inspires guilt free mayhem and chaos. Everything is deniable and can clearly blamed on the alcohol. For us to be guilty of anythang, one must prove intent. Our intentions were crystal clear. Eat, drink, and be merry! No police were involved. No hobo's, goats, or nefarious individuals with questionable gender were sequestered or propositioned. Surely that is somewhat of a letdown, however my marriage is still intact. And with that...I shall raise my puntita (shot glass) of tequila in honor of my dear sweet wife whom is all knowing and all forgiving..blah blah blah....whom I worship...blah blah blah...

Just what do have against Christopher Walken? To not like him is..just crazy.

man.. .looks like you guys really got stuck into it!! well done! I cant believe the amount of cooking (and mess - poor MrsBlues) you got through!! All the food looks awesome and it sounds like you had a really great time - well done!

texas blues said:
hah! mrs. blues clean the kitchen? Although I have witnessed first hand that rarest of phenomenon, such is not the case in this instance.

I wouldn't know how to act if Retta was to do this "cleaning of the kitchen" you speak of. In fact, I can count on one hand in the 6 years we've been dating that she's even cooked for me.

However, I think I have her talked into making a "chicken bog" this weekend. If so, I will be there to take photos! :woohoo:

I was thinking he looked like Steve Raichlen. Now I'll have a different image of JayT when he runs naked through the No Mods Are On thread!

pileiton said:
I was thinking he looked like Steve Raichlen. Now I'll have a different image of JayT when he runs naked through the No Mods Are On thread!

Ahhh, that might be why I thought he was closer to a frat boy in age! :lol:

Getting back on topic I can't believe you did this in less than 24 hours. I was thinking you guys would have a longer visit. To have been a fly on the wall...

pileiton said:
Getting back on topic I can't believe you did this in less than 24 hours. I was thinking you guys would have a longer visit. To have been a fly on the wall...

I'm not able to go out and drink during the week and Jay is busy with a Hardware Convention, so we more or less had to do it on Sunday. The cat's that he's with also have an agenda on joints they want to go to and eat, drink, party, etc. We had a great time for only 7 hours or so. Had I put more thought into it, I wouldn't have winged the whole thang. We still ate and drank like fools!

paulky_2000 said:
Hardware convention in Vegas......

How cliche'd! :lol:

It's actually true. I was at the joint where it's being held and was being set up as I was picking up material from an elevator we built there.

texas blues said:
It's actually true. I was at the joint where it's being held and was being set up as I was picking up material from an elevator we built there.

You have to admit, it still sounds like the setting for a 70's sitcom....;)

Back