• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

OMG - These Are Some Biggins!

Not bad sized C. Chinenses I found at my local produce market. Usually they have the garbage rotten looking shriveled orange habs. Imagine my surprise.

Peppers as big as limes? :) Yeah and they smell so good too!

Chris

P1070734.jpg

P1070735.jpg

Right on man, those are perfect for making poppers. They've been having almost fist-sized habaneros at Central Market down here. I've been taking full advantage of it too.

3025672865_7477b70da8.jpg

Seriously. Poppers. Do it. You will not regret it :)

I wonder what strain they are? Pretty damned big habaneros. Looks like yours might be the same kind I've been getting.

Somebody better make poppers with those bad boys! That big and you should be able to do them turducken style with a pequin in a serrano in one of the habs. Cheese covered C4 baby.

Cheers, TB.

Wow, those are some monsters!

Chris

P.S. ButchT asked if I saved seed...does the sun come up every day? :)

rainbowberry said:
I had some big ones once too, they were all kinds of colours. Here's one of them.

Image008-4.jpg

Wow all those pods from all of you are very nice huge, I wonder what kind pepper grow the biggest pods from C.Chinense?

Oh I can tell you that quickly Wally....the ones I sent you that I said were secret pods not to distribute yet. Easily the largest I have ever seen. :)

Chris

915river said:
Wow all those pods from all of you are very nice huge, I wonder what kind pepper grow the biggest pods from C.Chinense?

cmpman1974 said:
Oh I can tell you that quickly Wally....the ones I sent you that I said were secret pods not to distribute yet. Easily the largest I have ever seen. :)

Chris

I promise not to distribute Chris thanks again my friend.
:lol:

915river said:
I promise not to distribute Chris thanks again my friend.
:lol:

Chris seen a number of c.Chinese that size this year whites,Golds,red lots of commercial producers where producing large pod Chinese and lots have turned up in markets and supermarkets..One called er large red as a matter a fact :lol:

I've never seen a large white hab before. That would be quite the signt. Was it as hot as othrs that color? Any pics?

I wonder if there's intentional breeding going on to increase size of these habs? Any thoughts?

I have never tried that. I'm starting to wonder if someone will hit on one the size of a small apple!

What I really want to find is a massive Rocoto truly the size of an apple. I've looked so long. :)

Chris

talas said:
Chris seen a number of c.Chinese that size this year whites,Golds,red lots of commercial producers where producing large pod Chinese and lots have turned up in markets and supermarkets..One called er large red as a matter a fact :lol:

cmpman1974 said:
What I really want to find is a massive Rocoto truly the size of an apple. I've looked so long. :)

Chris

Man that would be awesome. Only time I've ever had a rocoto type was a manzano I got at this mexican store in Waco. I knew manzana meant apple and the thing kinda resembled it in shape so I figured it would be sweet. It was f'ing HOT! I used it to make stir fry and smoked out the house so bad me and my friends had to evacuate. Thats how you know you're doing it right. :)

If you ever do find one, let me know

Txclosetgrower said:
Right on man, those are perfect for making poppers. They've been having almost fist-sized habaneros at Central Market down here. I've been taking full advantage of it too.

3025672865_7477b70da8.jpg

Seriously. Poppers. Do it. You will not regret it :)

I wonder what strain they are? Pretty damned big habaneros. Looks like yours might be the same kind I've been getting.

Unbelievable Man! I've never seen anything like it. How hot are they? I've always believed that the larger a pepper was the less heat it was packing...but those bad boys! :mouthonfire:

rainbowberry said:
I had some big ones once too, they were all kinds of colours. Here's one of them.

Image008-4.jpg

Great colour, do you have any seeds of this type, and if yes what do I need to do to get some. Ornamentals are my thing!

Back