• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

OMG - These Are Some Biggins!

Giant chinense

Very beautiful your giant chinenses, but as it is the heat?
Have you also saved some seed for me?

I had some last year They were called "Habanero Big Sun" or something like this.They were also pretty large and good.

DSC01213.jpg

BBQ-Phil said:
I had some last year They were called "Habanero Big Sun" or something like this.They were also pretty large and good.

Big Sun is considered a Scotch Bonnet. Very nice pictures. I grew some Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnets this year that started out a light green, then turned to a light yellow and finally a bright orange when ripe. Very, very tasty pods that were the least hot of all the Habanero type peppers I grew. Great flavor that comes through with a decent amount of heat, but not overpowering like a Chocolate Habanero. I need to grow some of those Big Suns in the future! :)

the trinidad congo peppers I have grown are big like that. Tasty and good heat. The have that really pungent smell.

Had these Aji Umbro's from a local supermarket a while back..(You might have seen the topic)

003.jpg

The seeds from these pods are germinating as I type :)

That reminds me of a comment Omri made a while back about the Congo pepper the size of a small apple. :) I wonder how that fared when he planted the seeds? Did the next generation keep that size? :)

Chris

stillmanz said:
the trinidad congo peppers I have grown are big like that. Tasty and good heat. The have that really pungent smell.

Back