• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Omri's Growing List

Scotch bonnet pics just for you..More than one variety?

mini-P1000838.jpg

mini-P1000840.jpg

mini-P1000841.jpg

You see, that's what I mean. most Scotch Bonnets are just Chinenses labeled as Scotch Bonnet and/or look like a Bonnet. real Scotch Bonnets are actually kinda rare, even though it's a household name. I have endless Scotch Bonnet "types" and "lookalikes", and only one true Scotch Bonnet.

Nice pics. :)

You've got me wanting to dribble Talas, bad boy. I didn't actually put any S.B seeds in this year, I must be crazy, I haven't got loads of habs either, I can't even remember what I planted this year, just chillis of some sort. I'm a bit random I know.

Omri said:
You see, that's what I mean. most Scotch Bonnets are just Chinenses labeled as Scotch Bonnet and/or look like a Bonnet. real Scotch Bonnets are actually kinda rare, even though it's a household name. I have endless Scotch Bonnet "types" and "lookalikes", and only one true Scotch Bonnet.

Nice pics. :)

Jamaica,St Vincent,St Lucia :)

rainbowberry said:
You've got me wanting to dribble Talas, bad boy. I didn't actually put any S.B seeds in this year, I must be crazy, I haven't got loads of habs either, I can't even remember what I planted this year, just chillis of some sort. I'm a bit random I know.

R.b be glad to send you some seeds,the St Lucia are delicious and im going to have some spare plug plants to in the next few weeks ;)

I have loads of S.B seeds but I wouldn't be able to put a name to them, they definitely taste like Scotch Bonnets though, not so much Habs at all. I haven't had St. Lucia though Talas so that would be great, actually I think you've already provided nearly all the seeds for my season so far, you're a sweetheart.

Hope they all grow and are mass producers for you. BTW what does Bulgarian Carrot taste like? I may have to put that one on next years grow list.

Hotpeppa said:
wow !,

tons of plants Omri... are you just using LED's for all of them ?
Well I do have all these different LED setups I've built over the last year or so, but some are under CFLs, HIDs or just plain sun.

good list Omri...hope you have a good grow season...

I have Scotch Bonnet, Foodarama Scotch Bonnet, Jamaican Scotch Bonnet, and Chocolate Scotch Bonnet growing right now...all seed types sourced from different suppliers...

Sorry, my computer is so slow and f'd up today. Great article though, I think I've posted it a dozen times:)

My favorite Scotch bonnet is definitely the SB TFM, followed closely by the True Jamaican SB. I also like the African types like the Burkina, Safi, and Bigsun

POTAWIE said:
My favorite Scotch bonnet is definitely the SB TFM, followed closely by the True Jamaican SB. I also like the African types like the Burkina, Safi, and Bigsun
I'm a big fan of the TFM, and now I have a high quality Scotch Bonnet all the way from Jamaica growing in my incubator. hope it's at least as good, if not better tasting. :P

POTAWIE said:
I've grown several types straight from Jamaica but unfortunately they weren't as good as the TFM or TJSB
Well this one was the result of somewhat of a quest. I'm currently growing multiple types of Scotch Bonnets, most aren't really Scotch Bonnets or from Jamaica, but they taste great. that one strain from Jamaica was sent to me by a fellow chilehead that was looking for the perfect Scotch Bonnet, as "pure bred" as possible. some of the seeds he kept and the rest he sent me.

Let me know how they turn out
I did my own quest and grew out about a dozen types one year. The only ones I didn't like were the "S.B. 5in1" but they were purchased from Reimers and were unstable C. annuums:(

Ill send you some seeds Omri Of the St.Lucia because they have a
wonderful,the st Vincent are nice to they have a very unusual taste
there at least 6-7 Caribbean islands growing a bonnet pepper,the st lucian`s claim they grew it first not the Jamaicans but hay..its
taste that matters:)

Back