• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Omri's Growing List

POTAWIE said:
Let me know how they turn out
I did my own quest and grew out about a dozen types one year. The only ones I didn't like were the "S.B. 5in1" but they were purchased from Reimers and were unstable C. annuums:(

Hey P,

what do you mean when you say unstable ?

Good article Omri, very informative. I've grown what I thought was a Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnet(seeds from Redwood City), but it doesn't look anything like the true SB pictured. I think mine is some sort of Habanero variety. The pods start out a pale green, then go to a very light yellow and finally a medium orange color not quite as deep orange as some Habaneros I've had. Rich (hixs) sent me some Jamaican SB seeds and I have the feeling his are the real McCoy. We'll see.

Introducing OSE12, my shot at the world's hottest chile.
As of now, a single child. crossed from selected Chinenses with the goal of eventually being the hottest chile ever existed. I'm growing it under extreme and uncomfortable conditions with unusual high nutrient solutions. it's very on the edge... going to abuse it and hopefully get a really hot chile. it's purdy, isn't it? :)

ose12.jpg

Wasn't sure it'll make it, as I kinda tried to kill it, but it lives!

Omri,I had 1 absolutely perfect bonnet shaped pepper from my Jamaican Scotch Bonnet last year and I'm also looking to acheive a great bonnet.
Great luck in your quest!

Nice Omri. I love the Scotch Bonnet theme. I pursued that two years ago. It's a never-ending quest. I'm convined there's a more authentic red one out there somewhere I haven't found. Nice pic Talas. I'd love to do that Caribbean cruise and do some hunting. :)

Can't wait to see what the pods turn out like Omri. Good luck this season. I'm pretty sure I hit the real deal on the Yellow Bonnets one day at my produce store. They must have imported from Jamaica. These were gorgeous with the perfect attributes. They are kind of hard to grow for some reason from seedlings. I'm still trying.

Chris

Thanks peeps! That's very interesting, Chris. would love to see pictures if everything goes smoothly. :)

ABurningMouth said:
Very good idea growing in leca.
Very impressive.
Thanks. not *just* expanded clay, but mainly. the base is in a miniature rockwool cube and there's some perlite in it, too.
Even though it only germinated a few days ago, it's getting big. the high nutrients - hot sun combo is making me worry, but as a wise man once said: "the show must go on..."

popb.jpg

Omri said:
Introducing OSE12, my shot at the world's hottest chile.
As of now, a single child. crossed from selected Chinenses with the goal of eventually being the hottest chile ever existed. I'm growing it under extreme and uncomfortable conditions with unusual high nutrient solutions. it's very on the edge... going to abuse it and hopefully get a really hot chile. it's purdy, isn't it? :)

ose12.jpg

Wasn't sure it'll make it, as I kinda tried to kill it, but it lives!

Its very Purdy indeed old man,will look forward to watching its stressed condition..going forward :lol:

They're more orange than brown, and it's expanded clay. it goes by many names like Hydroton and such.

Back