• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

One last shot at it... DeNNiZ 2015 glog

so the past two years, ive been devastated with something i did not know.  it was a plague that consumed my plants late in 2013 and all year in 2014!!  this past fall, i had a chance to take a SOIL and PEST MANAGEMENT class and it was here where i learned what i was fighting..

i sent my plants to a lab and from there they diagnosed my issue to be ERIOPHYID MITES.. these guys are MICROSCOPIC (can be seen with 60x loupe) 
and have consumed my desire to grow...  it was hard to fight something i did not know was even there.  now that i do.. i am ready to try again ....

WELCOME to my 2015 growlog!!

heres a little something to help me with my fight.. thanks romy6 for the suggestions

the last of the pods i got

and now on to my grow... lets skip the seed part as ive killed everything outside and started some indoors already

what a difference 2 days makes in the aerogarden

got this tepin @ a burger joint.. snapped a branch and got it to root... first flower...

local buddy in san diego got me soem seeds from his PINK TIGER pods... he was the only one i knew stateside the got the results he wanted.  i have about 8 plants going.. hoping for one to continue to trait

these 3 pink tigers dont look as purple due to only getting window light and no direct sunlight

CGN24360.. i think,,,,,

the bigger boys... dont recall.. but have some PRIMOS... SB x yellow 7... just to name a few

need a bump....

Sexy flexy flowerING now....so far none have set. . But now that it's out of the aero. Time to put it in soil

Chacoense are setting and doing well.. can't wait

Aerogarden feelING crowded.. so moved most of them out

Unleashed them out in the back. Hopefully they keep the mites off my maters and eggplants

Overwinter orange habs.. too bad we can cultivate them to be this size

Just like this mini Aleppo

My mini tepin has over 20 pods setting and 1 ripe one

Spotted purple ghost has begun it's process

My NOT red Inca on its 3rd year continue to give me a couple ripe pods all year

Defcon 7 with a single tiny pod

got some new toys to mess with.. ROOTing pots....

Salad mix is doing well

Black Finger Biber

my huacathay mint is doing well.. already at 5ft...

Thanks Dru... aka SMOKENFIRE

and more starts... first row is yellow MoA... Maras White Labuyo... Trinidad Perfume.... Red MoA..and some peppers from Ghana

Things are looking great Denniz. Hope you get that Flexuosum podding soon. I've failed for another year to germinate a partner for my 3 year old plant, still trying though. 
Have to admit huacathay was a new one for me. Any uses beyond culinary? Being in the tagetes family, might it have some companion planting benefits?

What Ghanaian peppers are you growing? I have Mako Akokosrade this year, a variety I'm looking forward to. 

Is that the huacatay plant they grow in Peru?  Our peruvian friend brought
some seeds two seasons ago, and the plants hit 7' in a shady spot.  
I used the dried stalks to stake up Trippa's Mystery Cross plants last
season.  They lasted almost the whole season before rotting off!  She uses
the leaves in a peruvian potato dish.

You are the hydro king, Denniz.  Some unique stuff growing in
your little paradise.

Wow..impressive Denniz! I have to look into an aerogarden now. Can't believe how fast they grow and healthy those look. This is my first year really growing peppers. Nice to watch progress from a someone close by. Good Luck!

Looking good DeNNiZ! Did the predatory mites work out for you? Never heard of a Huacatay plant before... I'll have to google it to read up.

pink tigers

20150402_121943_zps01tapmca.jpg

rhombodium finally found its final home

scotch bonnet x brain from.Stefan

Those look interesting.  Which brain is it crossed with.  Loved the yellow brains last year.  Your plants all look great, mine are still much smaller but really starting to take off now.

Red moa..yellow moa.. maras biber

sunshade greenhouse is nearly complete

using ultrasonic mist maker to try to root these guys. One flexuosum and a few rhombodium

got my grafting kniFe to make mutant fruits

primo got a.new home.and a new cut

big shoutout to Gary. Always providing my clan with oepper goodness

I grew the Texas Pequins last year DeNNiZ, and I think you'll like them. Pretty hot taken individually, but 2-3 crumbled into a meal won't overwhelm you. I had 2 plants and got  a quart of dried pods from each.

I'm lovin' the sunshade growing area, it looks like just the thing for growing outside in the Angeleno summer. Keep up the good work!

Looking good, Denniz!  The greenhouse/shade house looks
like it's working out very well.  Good work, my friend!

Just got caught up again Denniz. Amazing how all of these glogs get away from you. All the plants are looking good. Do tell more about the predatory mites. Where did you get them and how well are they supposed to control the other mites?

the NON PEPPERS

Cuban Oregano bouncing back to life

Pepino Melon

local nursery had these kumquat tomatoes... grew these from seeds last year.. cant find them so i got a starter plant

apples getting bigger and bigger.. time to make some hard cider and apple cider vinegar

on its third year.. ive managed to keep it alive even with relentless aphids...

finally getting some INDIGO-SUN f2

hydro(krakty) lettuce doing well

Huacathay Mint nearly 6 feet tall... making cuttings to root already!...

Tomatoes iin 4" pots already flowering.. time to upgrade

bump?

Back