vendor Ordering Pepper Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly recommend Hippy Seed Company. I made payment on June 30th and they said they would ship them out on July 1st. I got home today and they were here already. That is 2 business days from Australia to the United States! I cannot believe they were here that quick. Un-real! Thanks guys!!!

I got all of my pepper seeds this year from Hirts and every single one of them sprouted and have grown awesome plants.

Oh no. I hope you didn't order bhuts. This company is notorious for selling people seeds that aren't what they say they are. I will never order from them. It would just suck to put all that time and effort into something to find out you've been taken for a ride.

i was searching the internet and one thing lead to another and i hit on Refining Fire Chiles. got to thinking, is this site listed in this post. i didn't find it in the list, so i then searched the forum and found a number of posts saying they purchased plants and were very happy with Jim's products. i didn't search further to see who purchased seeds, as there were a lot of hits - i did search the contents of this post and no hits(all i used was "fire" in the search).

habanero500 has an interesting post on scouville ratings of his tested supplied products, it's an interesting refresher if you haven't reviewed the post.

i was searching the internet and one thing lead to another and i hit on Refining Fire Chiles. got to thinking, is this site listed in this post. i didn't find it in the list, so i then searched the forum and found a number of posts saying they purchased plants and were very happy with Jim's products. i didn't search further to see who purchased seeds, as there were a lot of hits - i did search the contents of this post and no hits(all i used was "fire" in the search).

habanero500 has an interesting post on scouville ratings of his tested supplied products, it's an interesting refresher if you haven't reviewed the post.

If someone that's bought him makes the recommendation I will happily add him to the list.

Found another legit eBayer

karmalies0805

My Bhut Jolokias are large and robust. Lots of pods and VERY HOT!!!

I would need to see a lot of good reviews from a variety of members before adding ebay sellers.

Thanks everyone!

Hello,

after I decided to grow hot peppers, I ordered some seeds from a website called pepperseeds.eu. The company is located in the Netherlands. I ordered 20 Hot portugal seeds, 10 Kung Pao seeds and received 10 Purple serrano seeds as a bonus. I received the seeds 5 workdays after they received my money. The only negative thing is that the only way for making the payment is through bank transfer and it took 4-5 workdays for my bank to finish the transfer. More complicated and slower than PayPal. From the seeds IĀ“ve received, only 3 didnĀ“t germinate. It seems they are growing true, weĀ“ll see when the peppers will start to form.

After IĀ“d found this forum, I ordered a bunch of seeds from The Hippy Seed Company. I prefer they way of doing business....man to man communication and not some fancy automatic system. They answered my mails in a timely manner and were very kind. 4 workdays (total of 6 days) after the payment through PayPal, I received the seeds. Every single zip-lock bag contained a bit more seeds than the amount I payed for.

For now, I give a big + to both companies.

Best wishes!

The Pepperseeds.eu site says they take paypal? Also, I'm always a little skeptical of sites that don't list any contact info of any kind. I can't find a phone number or address or anything other than a "contact us" form. Has anyone else here ever ordered from pepperseeds.eu?

Ohh....I was in a hurry when I completed the order from pepperseeds and I somehow managed to miss the PayPal option... :( .

When I completed my order, I received a mail with the number of the bank account and the name of the bank account holder. So his name might not be on the site, but if you order something, you will find out the name.

I had good luck with pepperseeds, but it was only one order and although it seems the peppers are growing true, I canĀ“t be 100% sure untill the first harvest....

Thanks Tony I added them. D-back, please report back when the plants start setting pods and let's see if they grow true. If anyone else has had good or not so good experiences with pepperseeds.eu please let us know. Thanks.

I have to add my +1 for these seeds sellers:

Tradewinds Fruit (FAST shipping, good germination rate, and seeds grow true)
Hippy Seed Company (amazing how fast they deliver!)
Peppermania (fast shipping, and quality seeds that grow true)

If someone that's bought him makes the recommendation I will happily add him to the list
Thanks everyone!
ok, for what it is worth, i was going to buy seeds from Jim@refiningfirechilis.com, but found out that he had plants for sale ans lives 30 min from me in San DIego. so i drove out to his house and he had Tons of plants. so i picked up 11 plants which i am growing now. as far as seeds, he actually takes many plants of each species of pepper that he wants for seed stock and has friends all over SD county that grow the plants for him so there is little chance of cross pollination. i do not have experience buying seeds from him but from actually witnessing how he runs his shop i would definitely say you can trust that what you order is what you will get! this is just my experience, and if he did not live so close i would have purchased seeds for 11 plants!

thanks for reading.

Eric

I just got burned by asaisgarden, or Dave's Dragon Dust. Which is somewhat ironic because I also ordered seeds from someone who I thought might burn me but turned out to be awesome and included extra seeds and powders (we'll see if the seeds grow true but the powders are plenty damn hot).

I am not sure if Dave is still a member here or not, but I will never do business with him ever again and would highly recommend that no one else does as well. Sadly he's removed the items so I can't leave negative feedback.

I just got burned by asaisgarden, or Dave's Dragon Dust. Which is somewhat ironic because I also ordered seeds from someone who I thought might burn me but turned out to be awesome and included extra seeds and powders (we'll see if the seeds grow true but the powders are plenty damn hot).

I am not sure if Dave is still a member here or not, but I will never do business with him ever again and would highly recommend that no one else does as well. Sadly he's removed the items so I can't leave negative feedback.

Did he not send you seeds or something else?

Did he not send you seeds or something else?

First he didn't honor the shipping policy on his auction page which was a bummer but I didn't make a big deal about it because I was only overcharged $1.50. I sent two e-mails trying to correct that but never got any replies. After the estimated delivery dates came and went I contacted him again and this time I finally got a response claiming an issue with the post office. He never mentioned any time frame for rectifying the situation. I replied with requests for more information and never got a response. Then I sent a final message just to be kept informed of what was going on. No responses and now this morning he deleted the auctions so no negative feedback can be left.

So I opened a case with eBay buyer protection to try and get my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back