• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Owwwwwww!

I hurt my thumb!

When I bought this house 5 years ago, the yard had been sadly neglected for almost a decade. I spent the first three years here just chopping down and taking out (and that includes some of the many sheds the previous owner built, but that's another story.) Part of the struggle has been the war on mulberry-less mulberry trees...they sprout all along their roots long after you gleefully chop down the trees.

So, anyway, I'm trying to extend the back of my garden patch enough to add 2 or three rows of plants. That involves chopping and digging out the small mulberry-less mulberry trees that I'm cursed with, and the cherry laurels that the whole south is cursed with, so I was outside with the pick-ax having a go yesterday. I had taken a day off work to give myself a three day weekend in the garden, and there I was hacking away, making good progress, when youch!, there was a sharp pain in the meaty part of my thumb and palm. The Youch! was quickly followed by swelling. So, I had to interrupt my long gardening weekend to put ice on my thumb, or palm, I guess, to be more exact.

And now it's 24 hours later, and I still have swelling and pain, so I'm still bummed. And pouting.

But the good news is that I think I can run the tiller by padding the handle.

Take care. Life is what happens when you make other plans. When doing something you're not used to doing, you use different tendons and muscles. Rest for a while is called for now.

tinner666 said:
Take care. Life is what happens when you make other plans. When doing something you're not used to doing, you use different tendons and muscles. Rest for a while is called for now.

tsk! If I'd wanted sensible advice, I'd have called my mother.

I have an inconvenient owie!

I want sympathy!

*holds out puffy palm*

Pam said:
*holds out puffy palm*

: looks at Pam's puffy palm :

Ewww....it's all puffy...

: pokes it with a stick :
2.gif

imaguitargod said:
: looks at Pam's puffy palm :

Ewww....it's all puffy...

: pokes it with a stick :
2.gif

When in doubt ALWAYS poke with stick!

Sorry Puffy Gal, will drown one beer in your honor later, that should help!

hey Pam, why don't you munch on the hottest pepper you can find? at least then you'll 'forget all about' (read: stop whining about) your puffy hand :oops:

no seriously, I do care, I do, honestly :shh:

:D

chilliman64 said:
hey Pam, why don't you munch on the hottest pepper you can find? at least then you'll 'forget all about' (read: stop whining about) your puffy hand :oops:

Why don't you give yourself a habanero enema, then you'll be too busy too mock my pain.

*pouts*

I have bruises showing today!

no seriously, I do care, I do, honestly :shh:

:D

Why, I almost need a hit of insulin to handle all that sugar, she says dryly.

Since I couldn't work in the garden yesterday, I went out to do a bit of shopping. I put my purchases in the back of the car, and closed the hatchback. It didn't quite catch, and with out even thinking I slammed it with my hand to make it catch.

Guess which hand?

I almost passed out in the Walmart parking lot.

LUCKYDOG said:
**Drinking a beer and holding one out for you**

I'm still waiting for the snow to melt ** poor Pammy **

I've a friend over New York way who told me a couple of weeks back that it was legal in New York to kill anyone who burbled about spring when the temp there was in the single digits.

Not that I was burbling.

Much.

Pam said:
I've a friend over New York way who told me a couple of weeks back that it was legal in New York to kill anyone who burbled about spring when the temp there was in the single digits.

Not that I was burbling.

Much.

Wood stove still crackling in the East....

Single digits one day 60's a few days later.... Welcome to New England... and that better not have been burbling... We might have to do something with the good hand :(

bentalphanerd said:
Pam - few nips of whiskey will cure all ills

Yeah, but it can also leave me with a couple of STD's and wondering just how I ended up under the hedge at the Governor's mansion.

Pam said:
I hurt my thumb!

When I bought this house 5 years ago, the yard had been sadly neglected for almost a decade. I spent the first three years here just chopping down and taking out (and that includes some of the many sheds the previous owner built, but that's another story.) Part of the struggle has been the war on mulberry-less mulberry trees...they sprout all along their roots long after you gleefully chop down the trees.

So, anyway, I'm trying to extend the back of my garden patch enough to add 2 or three rows of plants. That involves chopping and digging out the small mulberry-less mulberry trees that I'm cursed with, and the cherry laurels that the whole south is cursed with, so I was outside with the pick-ax having a go yesterday. I had taken a day off work to give myself a three day weekend in the garden, and there I was hacking away, making good progress, when youch!, there was a sharp pain in the meaty part of my thumb and palm. The Youch! was quickly followed by swelling. So, I had to interrupt my long gardening weekend to put ice on my thumb, or palm, I guess, to be more exact.

And now it's 24 hours later, and I still have swelling and pain, so I'm still bummed. And pouting.

But the good news is that I think I can run the tiller by padding the handle.

Sounds like a good excuse to hit the vodka or gin to me.

Back