• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Oz Summer Storms

that sounds like some of the storms that hit the US this past July/August...glad you got no damage

We lost a couple of trees. Didn't get much of a chance to have a look around this morning, but it doesn't look too bad. 7 hours without power last night (1.5 hours in the shed trying to fix the carby on the generator !).

dreamboat

Last house in the street to have power overnight ( rest of block is on a different phase/line). Some small limbs on trees broken, house floooded, a bit, got to it with a towel dam in time. I was planning on planting out a bunch of seedlings over the w/end, but glad I got pissed instead.

RS

Had big hail storm on Saturday night and my chills didn't like it much..

They have been knocked about pretty bad...:)

moyboy said:
Had big hail storm on Saturday night and my chills didn't like it much..

They have been knocked about pretty bad...:)

Boooooo, damn mother nature.
All of mine were ok as i just finished moving/covering mine about 2 seconds before the storm hit, no hail here but MoyBoy.

Novacastrian said:
Boooooo, damn mother nature.
All of mine were ok as i just finished moving/covering mine about 2 seconds before the storm hit, no hail here but MoyBoy.

We only got a light covering of hail in Newcastle but the big hail storm i was talking about was at my other house in the Maitland area....which I am about to start renting out, and still have chilli plants in the garden....

Some suburbs have been declared disaster zones - Need to boil water in the western end of Brisbane.
Army coming in tomorrow to help clean-up.

I think we all got off lightly - whew

Yes uk and most of Europe has had unusually high winds and sustained ones at that,Very cool temps and almost three times the amount of rainfall compared to just two years ago,Hops,Wheat,Potatoes and most crops that have to be in the `ground` for awhile have suffered.Hope and pray you guys have a better one than most of the northern Hemisphere :)

Copped the edge of moyboys storm.

The hail stomes got to golf ball size 15k's away at our parents place..... mum said it sounded like horses galloping in a paddock as it moved in on them.

I lost a few peppers, branches and young herb plants to bunger marble sized hail.

I mov

ed all my young plants under cover as i saw the clouds and glad i did.

hail1824x549.jpg

Hailinhand824x549.jpg

Hail2824x549.jpg

Crazy stuff dude. I spose the trade off for me with lower temperatures in Melbourne is the reduced number of violent storms :)

we had massive hail stones in Sydney last summer. two big storms hit us. we had about 20 broken concrete roof tiles. the windscreen of my car shattered as well as every panel being bashed. we had nearby houses with caved in rooves! I hope this summer is kinder to us.

I remember them CM64 - looks like a similar thing over in our western burbs.

We got hit hard again last night. It bucketed down for about 5 hours with fierce wind & plenty of lightning. The storm front must have been close to 200 kms across.
Survived o.k again here but had to dig out a Bih & 7-pot that got buried in a mud run off.
Some localised flooding. Forecast is for same again tonight.

All this rain sucks hole, my plants looked not happy at all this morning.
The sun is out now so hopefully all will be good.

Back