• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ozzy's 2016 Grow

So here we go again on another glorious year to plan, plant, and pillage.  I'm going to start with my grow list which will get updated as I acquire more seeds.  If you're interested in trading or just want something I have and want to send a SASBE feel free to PM me.  I'll also put a list of seeds I'm looking for at the bottom.  Thanks for stopping by and good luck to everyone on their grow this season.

Annums:
Early Jalapeno
Biker Billy Jalapeno (Buckeye)
Purple Jalapeno
Poblano
Aleppo  (Judy)
Golden Cayanne  (Chocscotchbonnet)
Goats Weed  (Buckeye)
Cumra Cherry  (Judy)
Sweet Cherry
Mini Bells
Orange Thai (Romy)
Dragon Thai
Wild Grove Pequin (FLBorn)

Baccattums:
Aji Panca  (Judy)
Aji Mango  (Judy)
Aji Pineapple
Aji Brazilian Starfish  (Buckeye)

Chinese:
SB7J (spaceship and grass hut pheno) (Buckeye)
SB7J yellow  (Romy)
7 pot yellow  (Buckeye)
7 pot yellow brainstrain  (OCDChuck)
7 pot red brainstrain   (OCDChuck)
7 pot choc brainstrain (Lovespeppers)
7 pot white   (Buckeye)
7 pot burgandy  
7 pot BG   (Buckeye)
7 pot BG choc  (Romy)
7 pot primo (JCW10) 
Jay's Peach Ghost/Scorp (JCW10)
Nagabrain yellow (Romy)
Bhutlah (Romy)
Yellow Devil Tongue (Chocscotchbonnet)
MOA (Judy)
MOA red (JCW10)
P. Dreadie Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Freeport Orange Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Carolina Reaper
Red Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Chocolate Bhut
White Bhut
Peach Bhut SS (Judy)
Caramel Bhut (Texas Hot Peppers)
Bhut Orange Copehagen (FLBorn, D3)
Chocolate Scorpian (Buckeye)
Ice Scream Scorpian BT (Buckeye)
Yellow Butch T (D3)
Fidalga Roxa (D3)
CPR (Butch T seeds)
BTR (Butch T seeds)
Caramel Moruga Scorpian (Judy)
Red Moruga Scorpian
Peach Fatallii  (OCDChuck)
Yellow Fatallii  (Helvete)
White Bullet Hab
Carribean Hab
Black Congo (OCDChuck)
Yellow Datil
Naga Morich
Peach Naga (Texas Hot Peppers)
Pimenta de Neyde (Judy)
Mystery Wine (JHP)
Mystery Citrus (GM if and when he sends them to me ;) )

Pubes:
Manzano (not sure if yellow or orange, they were mixed up)

Crosses:
Tepin x Lemon drop F2 (OCD chuck)
Aji Pineapple x Butch T Yellow (D3)
Paper Lantern Hab x Butch T yellow (D3)

(Note: This list is forever changing lol, like most)

Trades:
I'm still interested in getting more Thai varieties or colors.  If there is something else not on my list though I may be interested in it as well.

Over winters are still doing well.  Lots of new growth.

Thanks! Good luck to you as well. I learned the hard way last year. The weeds already took over by Father's Day last year. They were soooo bad. I decided I wouldn't make that mistake again.

That's a great garden area and the plants are looking happy too. Good luck with the weeds, seems you're taking the right steps this year brotha

Genetikx said:
That's a great garden area and the plants are looking happy too. Good luck with the weeds, seems you're taking the right steps this year brotha
Thanks! I'm pretty confident this will work. That felt is super thick. Your knife hast be pretty sharp to get through it.
Did you end up moving? If I remember right you weren't sure if you would be able to do much gardening.

Looking good Scott nice little plot you have there ... hope you can overcome the weeds and you get a bumper crop ... the little chicken wire fence is that for keeping your pets out or stopping vermin getting in

Garden looks great!

Yeah, weeds suck. Back in the day (80's) I used to use 10 sheets thick wet newspaper to block weeds. Now-a-days with access to free mulch from the county, I just pile that on.

A fence is a must with both dogs and rabbits. The dogs "help" and the rabbits love young peppers.

Looks like you have a nice place there!

Good luck this season!

Ozzy2001 said:
Thanks! I'm pretty confident this will work. That felt is super thick. Your knife hast be pretty sharp to get through it.
Did you end up moving? If I remember right you weren't sure if you would be able to do much gardening.
Not quite yet, move is 5/31 but I was able to hang onto 7 plants that I'll keep at the new location. The other 60 I had going went to a friend who is going to be very overwhelmed in July lol

Looking good Scott. The OW's look great, as the garden. Cool compost bin.

I really want to build a grow room in my garage. I'd like to OW some Goats Weed. I heard they do great the second year around. Maybe after I get the house painted and finish the privacy fence.

OCD Chilehead said:
Looking good Scott. The OW's look great, as the garden. Cool compost bin.

I really want to build a grow room in my garage. I'd like to OW some Goats Weed. I heard they do great the second year around. Maybe after I get the house painted and finish the privacy fence.
Thanks! It seems that there is always something to do. I know I have a long list that keeps getting pushed off.

I agree, the garden is looking great. Don't worry, it will kick into gear in a few weeks. I wish, I was at that stage. Makes my back hurt thinking about it.

Back