• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ozzy's 2016 Grow

So here we go again on another glorious year to plan, plant, and pillage.  I'm going to start with my grow list which will get updated as I acquire more seeds.  If you're interested in trading or just want something I have and want to send a SASBE feel free to PM me.  I'll also put a list of seeds I'm looking for at the bottom.  Thanks for stopping by and good luck to everyone on their grow this season.

Annums:
Early Jalapeno
Biker Billy Jalapeno (Buckeye)
Purple Jalapeno
Poblano
Aleppo  (Judy)
Golden Cayanne  (Chocscotchbonnet)
Goats Weed  (Buckeye)
Cumra Cherry  (Judy)
Sweet Cherry
Mini Bells
Orange Thai (Romy)
Dragon Thai
Wild Grove Pequin (FLBorn)

Baccattums:
Aji Panca  (Judy)
Aji Mango  (Judy)
Aji Pineapple
Aji Brazilian Starfish  (Buckeye)

Chinese:
SB7J (spaceship and grass hut pheno) (Buckeye)
SB7J yellow  (Romy)
7 pot yellow  (Buckeye)
7 pot yellow brainstrain  (OCDChuck)
7 pot red brainstrain   (OCDChuck)
7 pot choc brainstrain (Lovespeppers)
7 pot white   (Buckeye)
7 pot burgandy  
7 pot BG   (Buckeye)
7 pot BG choc  (Romy)
7 pot primo (JCW10) 
Jay's Peach Ghost/Scorp (JCW10)
Nagabrain yellow (Romy)
Bhutlah (Romy)
Yellow Devil Tongue (Chocscotchbonnet)
MOA (Judy)
MOA red (JCW10)
P. Dreadie Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Freeport Orange Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Carolina Reaper
Red Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Chocolate Bhut
White Bhut
Peach Bhut SS (Judy)
Caramel Bhut (Texas Hot Peppers)
Bhut Orange Copehagen (FLBorn, D3)
Chocolate Scorpian (Buckeye)
Ice Scream Scorpian BT (Buckeye)
Yellow Butch T (D3)
Fidalga Roxa (D3)
CPR (Butch T seeds)
BTR (Butch T seeds)
Caramel Moruga Scorpian (Judy)
Red Moruga Scorpian
Peach Fatallii  (OCDChuck)
Yellow Fatallii  (Helvete)
White Bullet Hab
Carribean Hab
Black Congo (OCDChuck)
Yellow Datil
Naga Morich
Peach Naga (Texas Hot Peppers)
Pimenta de Neyde (Judy)
Mystery Wine (JHP)
Mystery Citrus (GM if and when he sends them to me ;) )

Pubes:
Manzano (not sure if yellow or orange, they were mixed up)

Crosses:
Tepin x Lemon drop F2 (OCD chuck)
Aji Pineapple x Butch T Yellow (D3)
Paper Lantern Hab x Butch T yellow (D3)

(Note: This list is forever changing lol, like most)

Trades:
I'm still interested in getting more Thai varieties or colors.  If there is something else not on my list though I may be interested in it as well.

Over winters are still doing well.  Lots of new growth.

jcw10tc said:
Nice pods.  Those yellow bhuts look very good, much better than the ones I had last year.  I have had similar weather, a lot of my plants haven't blossomed yet.  Last week was a little cooler and some of them exploded with 100s of buds and some massive pod set, but others still lagging.  Now looks like high 90s for end of week so hoping they don't drop.  Good luck, we are definitly having some challenging weather this summer.
Thanks. Hopefully, we're past the extreme heat. I should have watered more while we had the dry spell. They probably got stressed too much. Although that heat alone would cause blossom drop. The humidity is higher now though, so while that's bad for swamp ass, it's good for the plants lol.
OCD Chilehead said:
Looking good Scott. I hate them horn worms. They eat everything. Those brains are looking great.
I've probably pulled about 12 of them off in the past week. Hopefully, they will slow down now lol.

Those brains are from the seeds you gave me. Great looking pods. Thanks :)

Those brains were Jim Duffy's Stock, if I remember right. I've not planted a seed that didn't grow true and string from him. Dang those seeds are about 4 years old. That's great you got some sprouted. I feel ashamed, I always grow them every year. Not this year.

I found one of those worms. I watched a video on you tube. They were using a black light to catch them at night.
image.jpeg

Nice work on the pods, I'm jelly ;)

Those plants you say are huge and not setting, will, as soon as the temps go down a bit. I'm in the same boat here, high temps prohibit fruit setting on most peppers. But come cooler weather watch out :party:

Devv said:
Nice work on the pods, I'm jelly ;)

Those plants you say are huge and not setting, will, as soon as the temps go down a bit. I'm in the same boat here, high temps prohibit fruit setting on most peppers. But come cooler weather watch out :party:
Thanks. I agree. The plants are branched out pretty well and there are a lot of flowers popping. It's going to be near 100 again this weekend so hopefully, they can tough it out. I will be swimming in pods in the next month. :)

Not the best picture, but I found a garden buddy while I was pulling weeds and hornworms.

Hopefully he/she finds a mate and starts a colony.

I pulled another 2 hornworms off yesterday. I'll check it out again today. I've found one or two everyday the last 5 days At least I've found them before they totally destroyed more plants.

We got so much damn rain this past week. Couple of inches both Friday and Sunday. The ground is so wet and soft that a lot of my plants fell over. I staked most of them back up, but I ran out of stakes. After I get some more I'll take some pictures.
My neglect to stake the plants up wary in the season has led to some sideways plants lol. I'll take some pics of those later too. I'm about to be swimming in pods once the ones on the plants start to turn.
I did find another friend though today :)

Thanks for posting the picture ... I must admit to struggling to find your garden buddy a bit like "where's Wally" but this photo helped and I got him right away ... your plants look great still lovely and green ... we have had glorious weather the past two weeks but this weekend we are due a few storms ... garden needs some rain!

Yeah mine was pretty dry up until the monsoon we just had. These are definitely the best plants I've ever had. They are pretty huge. I've never had any this size. Only my 3rd year though growing, so I don't have much to compare to lol.

Pods are starting to pour in now.

I cut a lot of them up. Still have about 1/3 of them to go.

Some Borg 9's

Not a fan. Lots of heat but super bitter.

Also had my first Jay' PGS. Not a fan of it either. Terrible taste in my opinion.

I also had a pleasant surprise cross. I thought I had a picture, but I don't. It was supposed to be a primo that I got from JCW. Instead they are big smooth pointed pods that must have crossed with a Baccatum. They heat is similar to my Aji mango/ pineapples, with a taste similar to the starfish. It's pumping out pods and they are much bigger than the pineapples. I'm definitely going to use them with other Baccatums to smoke and make flakes.

Saw in Trident's glog you are growing the scotch reaper I sent...got any pics? My grow this year and probably next year's need to take a back seat to other much more important things, so trying to live vicariously through others.

All your pods are looking killer!

grantmichaels said:
The last one you mention sounds promising ..
Yeah I'm actually pretty excited about that one. Definitely going to keep seeds.
Genetikx said:
Saw in Trident's glog you are growing the scotch reaper I sent...got any pics? My grow this year and probably next year's need to take a back seat to other much more important things, so trying to live vicariously through others.

All your pods are looking killer!
Thanks. I don't have any pics from them, but they look just like reapers. I haven't tried one yet though.

Ozzy2001 said:
Thanks. I don't have any pics from them, but they look just like reapers. I haven't tried one yet though.
Cool, interesting that they look like reapers. Last year they looked like scotch bonnets with a tail. Please post pics when you can, if really appreciate it.

Howdy, Scott.  Just wanted to check in on your grow before
the season comes to a halt.  Looks like some nice harvests
have come your way.  Hope you have a good off-season - get
a little rest before seed sowing time - it will be here before we
know it!

PaulG said:
Howdy, Scott.  Just wanted to check in on your grow before
the season comes to a halt.  Looks like some nice harvests
have come your way.  Hope you have a good off-season - get
a little rest before seed sowing time - it will be here before we
know it!
Thanks Paul. I need to do some picking in the next couple of days. Then probably one more pull at the end of the month. Never know when the frost will hit here.

I also need to figure out what plants are coming inside this winter. I'll definitely keep an eye on the weather. It was still 80 today so it's holding out for now.

Back