Ozzy's All Grain on deck

grantmichaels said:
I like the use of the word "taste" here ... that looks like a 16 oz taste to me ... of which I fully approve ...
What am I going to do? Throw it out? Lol. I'm also not an expert. I'm not good enough to figure it out on one swig ;)
And the DFH 90 clone. The hops seem a little subdued. I'd have to taste it along side of a real 90. It definitely has the caramel malt taste that is essential. So I am happy with that. I will try it with a real one in another week to compare. I definitely love it though.

Man, that Stout looks great, nice color and clairity. The DFH 90 Clone looks like the Hefeweizen I used to get in Germany. The Germans will swirl the bottle to get the yeast to pour into the glass.

RocketMan said:
Man, that Stout looks great, nice color and clairity. The DFH 90 Clone looks like the Hefeweizen I used to get in Germany. The Germans will swirl the bottle to get the yeast to pour into the glass.
Yeah the 90 doesn't have the best clarity. It was one of the last few bottles I filled though. So that may be part of the problem with it.

I think people are seeing through to the head traces and misperceiving it as cloudiness perhaps? ... Looks pretty good to me ...

I feel like it's appearing w/ diffusion from condensation ...

grantmichaels said:
I think people are seeing through to the head traces and misperceiving it as cloudiness perhaps? ... Looks pretty good to me ...

I feel like it's appearing w/ diffusion from condensation ...
Lol I did drink it pretty quick too. Maybe I'll try to give the next one a chance to settle.

Ozzy2001 said:
Next weekend. My son has a swim meet this whole weekend out of town. Then it's Barney Flatish stout time :)

Nice ...

I'm going to have to postpone my brew day until the 1st week day that I can do it this week,  have to do some work to get this stout to finish fermenting =/ ...

Barne Flat clone on deck. I still have to check the sour batch. I'll check it tomorrow. I doubt it's any good. If it's still sour I'll see what Wheebz thinks. I could possibly dry hop or something to see if it helps. Waiting for the starter to chill out and giving the smack pack time to incubate.

In the meantime, I am absolutely loving the DFH90 clone. Definitely gonna do an encore batch in the next couple weeks.

Cool ...

Ozzy2001 said:
Definitely gonna do an encore batch in the next couple weeks.

Must be good, then =)

There's only two beers I've brewed that I want more of ... Wheebz saison, and the Darkness Everybody ...

I actually think the Bhut Subduction batch will pan out to be one, but I'll make a more-fermentable recipe next time ...

I'll probably keep the malto and lactose, and drop all the C* specialty grains ...

It's really good. I'll definitely do another imp stout too. I really like that one as well. I'm hoping the dark choc stout improves as it sits. It's good, but it has a bit of an after taste as of now. That will probably dissapate with time. I'll also do a blue moonish beer again as well.

Ozzy2001 said:
I didn't even check the gravity this time. It was so low the last time, I can't imagine it moved much if at all.

I believe if it's infected the bottom will drop out, gravity wise ...

My open-ferment saison was less than 1.000 ... didn't have a pellicle, though ...

Back