• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pacific Northwest Chili head Party!

Very cool crusher. I can only speak for myself, but all my beers come from a bottle. Do you save the crushed cans and sell them back, or do you crush them to have more room in the recycling bin?

I sell them back, save about ten bags weighing ten pounds each before I go. At 40+ cents a pound it makes the trip worth it.....
2.gif

cool can crusher, Walt, but save your back....there'll be kids around to take care of that! :rofl:

I'll probably be wining anyway~

I am going to have some good seed trading stock! I received a package from Judy (Pepperlover) today, had yellow 7 pot, (possibly XXLarge strain , waiting on conformation from Judy) Bhut Jolokia, Indian Carbon Strain, (again, waiting on conformation) and Choc Bhut Jolokia. Got about a hundred seeds of each or so. While deseeding the Indian Carbon BJ, I found out it is hot!!!! I tried a little bitty piece of the placenta, and had a expierience. At first I was struck by a oily texture, like I had put a few drops of corn oil in my mouth. Then a really good citrus flavor, and then the heat hit. At first it was the top of my tongue, then the roof of my mouth. Within ten seconds I found I had a nuclear holocaust going on in my pie hole. Back of the throat, lips, tongue, everything was on fire. I was sweating out of my eyes. It kept building for a couple minutes, then evened out and lasted for 15 minutes or so. What a ride!!!! :mouthonfire:

The Bhut Jolokia is going into a salsa, and I will dehydrate the yellow 7 pot and Choc Bhuts for powder.

100_1248.jpg

100_1249.jpg

Good things coming together for the 1sr ever NW Chilehead party!

Heard from DuvallDaves and Lazinfat, both have the date on the calender.

Seed trading....BONUS!

:woohoo: :woohoo: It's a PARTY!

And I Have A DATE....... LOL...........

Thanks, Impy, we're all looking forward to it.

And any single people are invited to bring a guest. A "date" or just another chilehead friend, the more the merrier!

Food, drinks, seed swapping, chile eating....

Do we want to have a chile eating contest or just do some "For Fun" pod tasting?

After seeing Lazi's chile eating videos.....I don't want to compete against him!!! :rofl:

Just got back from the Washington State International Kite Festival, had a absolute blast! Brought some superhot pepper powder, and some homemade salsa with Bhut Jolokia pods in it. Had fun with my kiting buddies, had one guy that got owned by the salsa..... :mouthonfire:

Only a couple weeks to go!!!!!

Glad to hear you had a good time Walt. I too am looking forward to the party and getting to meet up with some of the other members in the area. Sounds like it's going to be a good time. I heard a rumor that you and Laz are doing a deathmatch chili eating contest??? You sure are a brave man... :crazy:

HUH?!? Mali, I thought YOU were in on it and Why wasn't I invited?!??? :mope:

actually, I'm not sure I wanna go up against Laz~:l0l: But I MIGHT have a special treat to bring over.

Stay Tuned!

I'm thinking in a few days maybe we could post what we plan on bringing. There will be a grill available, but do we want to have everyone bring their own grill item or will there be enough pot luck items to just do it pot luck and not worry about burgers or whatever for everyone?

At last count we are around 14-20 people, depending on if people bring guests/friends/significant others.

Hello everyone, finally confirmed that I will make it to this chili party! SL, thank you very much for letting me know. There will be 2 of us - my wife and I. I will bring some of my sauces. Is there anything I can bring such as soft drinks, chips, or anything?

RS67Man, I love the international kite festival. This was at Longbeach? Sounds like you had a great time there and picked up some awesome hot salsa!

That's Awesome Dave!

And perfect timing. We were thinking to revive this around Sept 1st to see what everyone is bringing.

ChileAddict will be making some southwest dishes,
Salsalady will be making sauces, salsa, etc. and a new BBQ sauce chicken strips!
Salsakid will bring his locally-famous Lavender Lemonade.
RS67 (I think it's him, could be someone else) is bringing a dessert.

I had originally put up some green salad and pasta salad, but if someone else wants to bring that, that's fine with me. I'd rather do the mild and hot bbq chicken strips. It's a new sauce and I want to try it out. I can still bring the salad dressings.

We have 15-18 people confirmed to attend, depending on if some bring guests. CA has a grill that will be available also, of folks want to bring something other than the chicken and southwest things.

If someone doesn't want to or isn't able to bring food, there's always paper plates and plastic cutlery.

Of course, people don't HAVE to bring anything. Just come and have some fun!!!
And BYO adult beverages.

and I MIGHT have a little surprise to share~~~ :mouthonfire:

chileaddict will be sending directions to us directly, either in a PM or via email. Everyone, let him know if you want directions via email.

and chileaddict, is that one state part you listed the closest to your house? We know of a couple others over there, but will go to the closest one. Plan on bringing the trailer over on Saturday, it's a 5 hour drive for us.

Sorry I have been out of touch for a week. Got back from my New Mexico vacation/chile/seed journey last night. It was like a dream come true with my NM landrace chile quest. I will have more details soon, Windchicken and JustinNC. I scored about 10 pounds of many, many kinds of chile seeds from New Mexico Extension Service and spent a day out in a farm on the Nambe Pueblo, who welcomed us in like family. I may soon be spending a day on the farm with a Chimayo chile farmer who I met. I ran out of time, but he also welcomed me in like family. I did obtain many pods and seeds from the native Nambe Pueblo and Chimayo strains that have been kept isolated on their small farms for hundreds of years and not mixed with any other chiles. I brought 200 pounds of chiles from Hatch. This was one of the best years they have had in a long time. I am going to try to get back to NM before the Chilehead party so I can bring fresh (not roasted and frozen) chiles. More later.:):):)

Ya, I got a dessert dish that is to die for. Actually the wife makes it, from a family recipe. I am thinking of bringing some preformed hamburger patties and buns, a great way for everyone to have a main course that is as spicy as they want it by adding any condiments they care for. I will be bringing my jar of Walt's Nuclear Fallout. It is my first attempt at dehydrating and powdering pepper pods. Since the weakest pepper was orange Habaneros, it is :mouthonfire:

Go ahead and send address via PM, I am going to get the latitude/longitude coordinates via Google Earth for input into the GPS. If anyone else would like the coordinates for their GPS, just let me know.

Chileaddict, sounds like you had a truly awesome trip! We're really looking forward to hearing about your trip, and to spend time on those farms? What a great experience.

Sounds like we'd better not eat for 2 days before the party so we'll have room for all the good food that's coming along.

Chileaddict, sounds like you had a truly awesome trip! We're really looking forward to hearing about your trip, and to spend time on those farms? What a great experience.

Sounds like we'd better not eat for 2 days before the party so we'll have room for all the good food that's coming along.

You and Salsafamily better come hungry, cause there's gonna be some guuuuuud eatin' going on.

Back