• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pacific Northwest Chili head Party!

We're going to need live postings and pics. Vid would be good too. Wish I could be there with you guys. Have a great time.

It is a wrap! We had a blast, ate a bunch of good food, shared some stories, drank a little fermented beverages, and enjoyed everyones company. Thanks to a couple of extremely generous members outside of the PNW, we even had some peppers to taste and a few fires to put out..... :mouthonfire: I grilled up some hamburger patties, enjoyed some delicious bow tie salad, and had all kinds of sauces to taste. DuvalDave brought some of his hot sauce, fantastic stuff, and Salsalady brought out her whole lineup for everyone to share. I even took the hottest pepper we tried and put some on my burger, I got lit up pretty good with it.

The proof of life photos, I was having to much fun to take very many........

My burger.....
100_1288.jpg

I snagged this photo when SL and SK were lit up by a rather hot pepper from SS. We think it was a T-Scorp, but I think it was a Brain Strain..... Its the one I put on my burger!
100_1287.jpg

Some of the peppers that were donated to this party, lots to go around!
100_1285.jpg

100_1284.jpg

Here is the remains of some of the peppers we had snacked on....
100_1286.jpg

To top it all off was the dessert that my wife and I brought. It was pretzel pie made with wild blackberries I picked a couple days ago. SalsaKid got to take what was left home, he thought it was really good!

We had a blast! :woohoo: Thank you to our gracious hosts, they are wonderful people and very generous!! It was a real pleasure to meet up with all those who were able to make it. I would also like to acknowledge and send out a HUGE THANK YOU to Silver Surfer for the "box of goodies" he sent to my house specifically for the rest of us to enjoy at the party. We had a good time trying to figure out the particular peppers; and I'm sorry to say SS, the whole idea of blind-folding everyone for a "taste" test to see if they could identify the pepper was a no-go :crazy: Cappy sent peppers to Salsa Lady to be shared as well. It just goes to show the outstanding character of those that are members here at THP.

SL and chiliaddict will have more pics to post in the near future I'm sure. Overall I think the party was a wonderful success and we were already talking about making it an annual event :dance: On a side note...Laziandfat was a no show and missed out on some REALLY GOOD tasting beer that was there specifically for him. I'd like to say thank you for not showing up and unwittingly forfeiting your beer :D

Thanks again to our hosts, the participants, and those that were there by proxy with donations. What a great way to spend a sunday afternon: Peppers, bbq, great food and last but not least a few drinks!

Sorry guys I feel really bad about not being able to go. I did sent CA an email to let him know I wasnt going to make it but I am sure he didnt get it till after. I am glad you all had a blast though.

Thank you Pacific NW THP folks, friends, and family for a truly amazing day of great food, fire and drink. We had a blessed HOT event. The weather forecast was not good, but turned out great. Cappy and Silver Surfer were the Capsicum Heros of the day. We ate so many of those outrageous pods and sauces. I'm sure a few entries to Tales From The Loo could be made. A couple of bottles of Wasatch sauces ended up here and they were fantastic. Salsalady and DuvalDave make truly AWESOME sauces and salsas. I would highly advise everyone to buy or trade for them, because they are some of the best I have ever tasted. Sure enough, Walt's blueberry pie was to die for. Let's not forget, Salsakid's lemonade was a big hit. My daughter Lindsey said it was the best she ever had. Maligator has an amazing knowledge of all things Superhot (and is a really cool dude). Ryan, we missed you and we will meet up some time for a makeup day. I'm still dizzy thinking about all the different things chile related we had going on here yesterday. I can honestly say that the Washington State THP members are among the finest people you could ever meet. My family and I are so honored to have been part of this special Northwest Chilehead get-together. I got some Defcon 1 Wings just about ready, and it's time to get messy. Cheers.:beer::hell:'

I know chileaddict has some great photos to post when he gets time, so here's a few of ours.

First off, I'd like to extend a hearty THANK YOU to our hosts, the lovely Lady ChileAddict and ChileAddict himself for sharing their home with us for a great afternoon.
pnwchilefest016.jpg

and to Mr RS67Man and the lovely LadyR67 for kicking this whole thing off.
pnwchilefest019.jpg

We were also happy to meet DuvallDave and the lovely LadyDuvall, along with neighbors Orlando and LadyMyrna.
pnwchilefest015.jpg

pnwchilefest005.jpg

Rounding out the rest of the PNW Chileheads is Maligator, Salsalady and SalsaKid

pnwchilefest017.jpg

So that's the cast of characters, here's some of the fun-

You know how everyone always jokes about the party being in the kitchen???....well it's the truth!

Everyone brought some hot stuff to share and here's what the mayhem looked like-
pnwchilefest012.jpg

Hotheads tasting something-
pnwchilefest013.jpg

Some green chile-chicken soup on the stove and pork (????) [sorry, gotta look it up or CA will post what it was---LOL]
pnwchilefest002.jpg

some chile extrat made with Everclear from Cappy
pnwchilefest014.jpg

pods from cappy
pnwchilefest001.jpg

opening the box from SilverSurfer to Maligator (BLINDFOLD US AND TASTE TEST!?!?!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: RIIIIGGGHHHT!!!!!)
pnwchilefest009.jpg

The list of Deadlies included- but is not limited to-
Jonah, Douglah, Douglah Cross, yellow scoprion, fatalii, 7 Primo, peach habanero, homegrown fatalii, hungarian carrot, cayanne-esque, red trini scorp, orange habanero, and just guessing- other cayennes,, red trini scorp, bishops cap, lemon drop, some funky purple thing, green bih, and a whole bunch more that weren't identified. I guess Maligator didn't get the email....LOL! He can probably share more of the varieties...

For the sauces, there were things from the fridge, made by others, and things that guests had made.

RS67's Nuclear Fallout powder
spice powder from Silver Surfer
Everclear Extract from Cappy
hot sauce from SS
SalsaKid's Peach-Peach hot sauce
several Texas Creek hot sauces and other experimental sauces including bbq
JSKaisers's sauces
Defcon 1 wing sauce
3 Dave's Insanity and beyond extracts
Holy Jolokia
Wastatch's Bih sauce
Lemon Drop lemon sauce
and others I can't remember..(.or don't want to rememember...?)

and a great sauce I get to say "I Knew It When"...
DuvallDave's

Davez Foodz Spicy Sweet Girl medium hot sauce.
pnwchilefest023.jpg

The food was delicious! Thank you everyone who prepared the good foods! I think we all needed some solid food in the tummies with all that hot peppers going on~

We had a GREAT time cutting up the chiles and tasting them. Didn't get through all of them but we enjoyed many different chiles and it was good to be able to share some of the lees hot varieties with the milder Chileheads in the group. Only had to get the milk out once!!! Didn't hear any hiccups, although ChileAddict was sweating it out a few times and someone got a LOVELY (NOT) pictures of us eating that scorp! :)

CA's daughter had some ice water with lemon slices and fresh jalapeno slices in it. I didn't try it but others said it was delightful! Not really spicy, just a nice subtle tingle. Something to remember for the next summer...

ChileAddict also shared with us some seeds and powder from their recent trip to Mew Mexico, the Landrace chiles I believe is the name. Very interesting story for those chiles and I hope to learn more about them.

Once again Thank you to everyone for coming out and having a great time at the 1st ever Pacific Northwest Chilefest.

And LnF...these were yours, amigo!

pnwchilefest020.jpg

WE enjoyed them on your behalf. THANKS!
pnwchilefest021.jpg

SalsaKid has a new favorite hot sauce-
pnwchilefest023.jpg

After the party, we sat in the motel room eating chips and Sweet Spicy Girl until bedtime. In the morning, when we stopped for breakfast, he ordered something specifically so we could use more of Sweet Spicy Girl. A bacon, sausage, hashbrown and egg scramble with SAUCE.
pnwchilefest029.jpg

the aftermath-
pnwchilefest030.jpg

Can you see how much is gone from the bottle that was opened just the night before? Keep your eye out for this one!

The first annual Pacific Northwest Chilihead party was so incredibly wonderful. First of all, a huge thanks to our hosts chiliaddict and his wonderful wife for welcoming us into their home and enjoy a day with our fellow chiliheads. I have a few more pictures to add:

DSC00021.jpg

Here we are, the THP Pacific Northwest chiliheads

DSC00003-1.jpg

Ta Da! The box is open - gift from SilverSurfer

DSC00009.jpg

RS67Man holding up a lemon pepper

DSC00014.jpg

Better than sushi! We sampled various peppers, and WOW! One of them, not quite sure of the name, was so hot that the backs of my eyes were burning! :mouthonfire:

DSC00006.jpg

More of the hot stuff, these are from Cappy

DSC00010.jpg

Our host, chiliaddict, going for a taste of chili sauce

I sampled all the sauces, dips, etc, and everything was great! RS67Man's Nuclear Fallout powder totally nuked me! :mouthonfire: Darn good stuff.

SalsaLady's salsas, sauces are to die for. If you haven't tried SalsaLady's Texas Creek salsas and sauces, get some now - you'll love them! RS67Man made us all burgers, and I poured on SL's Texas Creek Ghost Fire Hot Sauce... It's addicting, painfully addicting :hell: Talking about good eats!

I'm truly thankful for having the opportunity to spend a wonderfully hot Sunday afternoon with all of you, you're all awesome!

Haha yeah right thats all you CA, I already had my date with the doug and I promised myself never to eat another one whole and raw!

Back