• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pacific Northwest Chili head Party!

I am thinking of bringing some preformed hamburger patties and buns, a great way for everyone to have a main course that is as spicy as they want it by adding any condiments they care for.

That sounds good, Walt. I'll just bring the sauces, they will go great on the burgers, and not do the chicken strips. So Now I'm back on Salads and Sauces, chips and dips.

And I'll bring the chipotle mustard also!

I will make Green Chile Chicken Soup, Carne Adovada (red), and have lots of red and green enchilada sauce made up if anyone wants enchiladas. I can't help myself, I will probably make Chiles Rellenos too. If anyone has some good Jalapenos, maybe we can rustle up some killer Poppers too. I'm growing some, but I don't think they are hot at all. My wife, Sharon, is getting pretty good at Tamales. (I think she wants to make them too).

In addition to a few bottles of my hot sauce, I'm thinking of bringing a few bags of spicy Jalapeño and Habanero potato chips. This sound good?

DD- sounds wonderful!

Anything that you enjoy, bring it on along!

'addict, we don't have any jalapenos, but we may have some Hungarian Carrots which would make a nice mellow popper.

We'll post as things come around and I do have a back up plan for poppers with fresh jalapenos!

Mmmmmmm!!!!!!! I'm already hungry! :biggrin:

I may go to Eastern Washington to pick up some fresh chili peppers, if I do, then I'll see about picking up some hot peppers :hell: for our chili head party. This party will be really fun! :dance:

I want to thank the good folks at this forum (especially TB) for all the info on Poppers. Considering all the chile I have eaten, it is amazing that Poppers have eluded me. I had it at a bar once and it was awful. When I started seeing all the photos on the popper thread, I couldn't believe I had been missing out on that. Last night Sharon made some that were great, but I made a terrible rookie mistake. I did not wait for them to cool down and burnt the holy crap out of my tongue from the cream cheese stuff in the middle.

OUCH! is right!

Everyone has probably made that mistake at least once...like biting into the bubbling hot cheese on a pizza just out of the 400F oven.

Hey, it's a good excuse to eat ice cream! :lol:

Hope it heals quick.
SL

I heard a rumor that someone may be bringing some major heat that was supplied by Cappy............... :mouthonfire:

If true, the forecast for this weekend may be a lot hotter than the weatherman anticipated....at least in Maple Valley!!!!! :D

I can neither confirm or deny that rumor.....at least until I check the mail!!!!! :cool:

RUMOR CONFIRMED!

Group Pain on the way!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :mouthonfire: :beer:

OK!!! It is now less than 24 hours till the party, I am in the process of making the dessert dish. I have a folding table and a "first up" pop-up gazebo. I will have them in the car in case we need them. I have the hamburger patties, and will purchase the buns on the way to Maple Valley. I hope someone is bringing condiments/lettuce/onion etc for them!!!

I have mustard, hot sauce, chipotle mustard, hot sauce, salad (which will work for lettuce for burgers also), hot sauce, paper plates and cutlery, salsa, pasta salad, hot sauce, lavender lemonade, hot sauce, BBQ sauce, chips......and something else, what was that....Oh Yea! HOT SAUCE! :lol:

Seriously, We're bringing some of the "experiments" we've been playing around with recently with the fresh peppers and Evan's peach-peach hot sauce, so there might actually be that many varieties to share. :cool:

And I have lots of onion on hand, and a few tomatoes. so that's covered unless someone else wants to do those. I just have some on hand is all.

I have a pop-up tent also, and folding tables.

Gotta get back out to the kitch, just started the pasta salad.

Later~

The green chile chicken soup is made and the carne adovada is marinating. I got some Defcon 1 Wing Sauce and wings, so I guess those hamburgers are going to have some company Walt. Salsalady, are you saying that I don't need to make salsa now? We also have Sodas, Beer, Brandy, and Jose Cuervo Gold Especial. Bring more to drink cause mine is going to run out fast.:beer: BRING ALL THE PODS, SEEDS, SAUCES, SALSAS, POWDERS, BEER, LIQUOR YOU CAN FIND...IT'S TIME FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST CHILEHEAD PARTY:::woohoo:

WOOOHOO!

Some fresh pods from the pepper patch, Cappy's mystery package, MMMmmmmmgood food........

CA~ I'm bringing some of our "commercial" stuff, but FRESH pico de gallo-style is always a winner! Don't stress over it if you can't get it done. I have a feeling there will be plenty to occupy the tastebuds of every heat level.

one sad note- Salsadude won't be joining us. Work schedules and lack of reservations at the state park (MY FAULT,) old dog, blablabla... The 'Kid and I will be there with Creme Soda to share!

There'll be a little wine-ing also~

Salsalady...sorry to hear about SDude and dog. My garden tomatoes aren't quite ready so I found some at a farmer's market today for some salsa. It only takes 10 minutes to make it up. It's a copy of the salsa from Sadie's in Albuquerque and I gots to have it..

Lets get this party started! The wife and I will be there shortly after noon, by my estimate.........

This is gonna be fun!

Ok so I've been MIA for a bit...been moving. I'll be there today with a "surprize" from Silver Surfer. Have to wait for the freaking leasing office to open to pick it up however. Would've gotten it yeterday except it was college football ALL DAY on tv so I didn't get the notice until it was to late. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. :dance:

Back