seeds Passow’s Grow Log 2-8-2009: Seeds

HAHAHA!!! Christmas morning has come! A single seedling has popped it's head out of the soil to say hi! I'll take a picture when I get home from work.

Well, now there are four. The first two up were the Lemon Drops and now a few hours later two Peach Habaneros are up.

firstup.jpg

And they're off..here comes lemon drop 1 & 2 around the first turn with peach hab 1 & 2 trailing on the rail...........................

Well I'm disappointed....those lemon drops have already sprouted and nary a hippy hath been punched in the sack. I knew I should have sent my pequin seeds in as backup....

They are all starting to come up more and more!!! I keep appologising the the second srouts that i have to thin but I also explain to them that their growth was not in vain and then I eat them.

One of the Peach habs is starting to grow it's first true set of leaves.

wordwiz said:
Iggy,

I see why you play music and not take pictures as a sideline! I can even read some of your writing.

Mike
HEY! I take some really good picture! Well.....that one isn't one of them....but I do! :lol:

I'll actually let you in on a secret as to why you can't read my writing....it's because even I can't read my writting ;) I have horrendously bad handwriting, so bad I struggle to be able to read it myself. :shocked:

I have also been drinking and I didn't know if anyone actually looked at my pics since alot of them seem to go uncommented on (Ie; see Passow and Co. thread on the second page of the gardening thread) :shrugs:

Two of the Rocotos have popped up which is shocking. Those seeds were waaaaaaaay neglected by me. I left them sitting out in a bowl for a year and they were all dusty, didn't think they would germinate.

imaguitargod said:
Two of the Rocotos have popped up which is shocking. Those seeds were waaaaaaaay neglected by me. I left them sitting out in a bowl for a year and they were all dusty, didn't think they would germinate.

Adding "let seeds sit in a bowl for a year and become dusty" to the Best Germination Techniques FAQ!

Mike

imaguitargod said:

I think you're just trying to discourage future seed traders from hitting you up. :lol:

bigt said:
I think you're just trying to discourage future seed traders from hitting you up. :lol:
Hehehe, nonono, I would don't that with seeds sent to me. I got my roommate from LA to send me some pods off the Rocoto plant for my consumption and as an after thought, I harvested the seed...but I never really got around to putting them in a bag and storing them in the refridgerator.

Seeds I get from members here or people I know are properly stored ;)

caroltlw said:
Come on and zoom in on the little hairs on the stems already!
Ugh...fine. I'll see what I can do tonight...

Back