seeds Passow’s Grow Log 2-8-2009: Seeds

thepodpiper said:
I actually find myself just staring through the glass now though as if something is going to happen while I'm standing there.:shocked:

Dale
Ya I do that too. My mom says that I'm "praying to the plant gods" lol.

Just planted some more special cactus seeds....mwahahaha...

Also, my mom's cactus that I've been taking care of for her has about 10 flower buds on it. I'll post a picture once it flowers and maybe someone here can give me an idea of what kind it is.

imaguitargod said:
Ya I do that too. My mom says that I'm "praying to the plant gods" lol.

Is it strange to just go lay on the floor and watch the plants sway in the breeze from the fan for a good 20 minutes? Cause that's what me and my cat usually do when I get home from work.

It's relaxing. I guess when you're waiting on them to pop though it's stressful.

Txclosetgrower said:
Is it strange to just go lay on the floor and watch the plants sway in the breeze from the fan for a good 20 minutes? Cause that's what me and my cat usually do when I get home from work.

It's relaxing. I guess when you're waiting on them to pop though it's stressful.

I do the same thing. When it comes time for them to be planted outside I'll just sit there and watch them with beer in hand for hours.

If I had enough land to live off of I don't think I would ever leave. I would sit amoungst them and eat when I got hungry, taking care of their needs as each one crops up, then sleeping amoungst them at night.....sigh....what a lovely life that would be.

Nice list there.
Does it make a lot of difference soaking the seeds 24hr?
I have some seeds wich seem to have problems cracking the shell.
Might do some soaking myself:)

lee said:
Nice list there.
Does it make a lot of difference soaking the seeds 24hr?
I have some seeds wich seem to have problems cracking the shell.
Might do some soaking myself:)
I've found it really helps speed up germination ESPECIALLY on those slow to germanate seeds like Jolokia and Habs. Also Pubs b/c of the hard seed casing.

UPDATE: Well, after no action I checked my heating mat and it seems to be doing a decent job of keeping things warm but I'm not 100% on that (I don't have a soil temp gadge I can test it with) so I'm thinking about getting a plastic top of the tray to help keep the heat traped.

Which means I'll have to keep my eye out for fungus and other nasty invaders that result from too much humidity........I must weigh my options carefully.

millworkman said:
Then that post, was for youuuuuuuuuu1111!

lee said:
Gets me thinking..
About weither a unicorn can fit into female fishnet stalkings?

LUCKYDOG said:
You will have some pop this weekend -- Because they wuv you ... xoxoxoxoxo

He best watch out though, those seeds I sent him are gonna teabag him and take pics while he's asleep.

nice selection of chiles, good luck
I also soak my seeds, 1-2 days. I think it helps alot.
we're all guilty of looking at the dirt waiting for seeds to sprout, then staring to see how much they've grow since the last time we looked, then staring at the plants waiting for the pods to ripen.
& when thats not enough we go to THP forum & stare at more chiles :lol:
yea we're sane :lol:

chilehunter said:
nice selection of chiles, good luck
I also soak my seeds, 1-2 days. I think it helps alot.
we're all guilty of looking at the dirt waiting for seeds to sprout, then staring to see how much they've grow since the last time we looked, then staring at the plants waiting for the pods to ripen.
& when thats not enough we go to THP forum & stare at more chiles :lol:
yea we're sane :lol:
HAHAHA! Very well put, sir.

imaguitargod said:
UPDATE: Well, after no action I checked my heating mat and it seems to be doing a decent job of keeping things warm but I'm not 100% on that (I don't have a soil temp gadge I can test it with) so I'm thinking about getting a plastic top of the tray to help keep the heat traped.

Which means I'll have to keep my eye out for fungus and other nasty invaders that result from too much humidity........I must weigh my options carefully.

Then that post, was for youuuuuuuuuu1111!

About weither a unicorn can fit into female fishnet stalkings?

Dude, I got a plastic lid for my heated tray and it worked wonders. My habs germinated in 4 days! I took the lid off for a couple hours each day though to help prevent fungus growth.

ExtremeBurn said:
Dude, I got a plastic lid for my heated tray and it worked wonders. My habs germinated in 4 days! I took the lid off for a couple hours each day though to help prevent fungus growth.

Well, I quess it's good that I went out and baught a lit for the tray today. I'll put it on in a few minutes.

imaguitargod said:

forthelasttime.jpg

Back