• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Patrick's 2013 Grow Log

First off I would like to thank Millman for the inspiration to get off my duff and get the 2013 season started.

This list is probably not complete and I haven't figured out how many of each I'm going to grow. Or I should say attempt to grow. Me and Ma Nature ain't been seeing eye to eye lately. I'll be sacrificing some chickens or toads or what ever it takes to get her off my back soon. Burn some incense and do some chants? Convert to druidism? I'm open to suggestions. Anyway off to the list!

7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot BS, Orange
7 Pot BS, Red
7 Pot BS, Yellow
7 Pot Bubblegum
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Rennie
7 Pot White
Antillies Fire
Bengle Naga
Bhut Jokokia, Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia, Caramel
Bonda Ma Jacque
Carolina Reaper
C. Rhomboideum
Douglah x T.S. Butch T F3
Habanero, Purple w/stinger
Infinity
JPL#1 (Classified)
Nagabon
Orange Blob F2
SB7J, F1 + F2
Trini Scorp Butch T, Judy/Hippy
Trini Scorp Morouga Blend, Hippy
Trini Scorp, Morouga

To the wonderful peeps who have sent me seeds please forgive me if they aren't listed. Once I figure out where I put them I'll add 'em to the list.

Best of luck to all of you on your 2013 grow.

Patrick,

Do you just have 4 or 5 holes in the bottom/side of the cup or do u have a few on the bottom as well? I ask because I will use this method as well as soon as I can transfer. Thanks.

Thanks Rodney.

spicy apologies for taking so long to respond. I have four holes on the side of the cups right along the bottom. I put a packing peanut between the cups to allow for some drainage if I over water. I have been bottom watering and I'm finding roots coming out of the holes and sucking up the extra water. The roots are running a muck this year.

See what I mean?

IMG_20130302_205226_618_zps43a0cf3e.jpg

I think it's a 20oz cup Greg. I'm tempted to pop one out and see what the root structure looks like. They've been in those cups for 27 days.

Greg the plants are 4"-5" tall with lots of leaves and a lot of growth along the stem. I decided to move some over to the cheap Wally World lights to get some height and make room for more plants being potted up to the 20oz cups under the T5. Here's the plants I moved.

DSC028632300x1725_zps2774cefb.jpg

I couldn't resist peaking in the 20oz cups to check on root development. I may have to move up to one gallon pots sooner than normal. The Myco is doing wonders for root growth but it's going to cause me a lot of work earlier than usual. I'm not complaining though. :P

Here's a T.S. Butch T.

DSC028592300x1725_zpsef06bf57.jpg

And this is a Carolina Reaper

DSC028612300x1725_zpsdc4875d5.jpg

Both of them were put into these cups 28 days ago.

I know millman it totally blew me away. I have never had root development like this before. In under a month too. I gave them a dose of Myco's when I moved them up to the 20oz cups. Since then I've used a mix of Chili Focus and a dash of molasses mixed at a half teaspoon to a gallon of water. First time with the molasses too.

Patricks got some roots right there... Gonna live strong for sure keep doing what your doing Patrick... Wouldn't change anything..

Back