• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2015

Okay, time to get the 2015 grow season underway!

Round One seeding 01/01/15, 3 seeds per plug x 2.  Dates are hook dates (as of 2/5/15).

In Jiffy Plugs:
Roatan Pumpkin……………………………...Honduran Market seed, 3rd generation………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 2….…100%
Congo Trinidad Yellow……………………...Sanarda, 3rd generation…………….……………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 3, 1/12 x 1……………..…84%
Fatali x Red Savina………………………….Spankycolts, 4th generation………..…….…..1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1,1/20 x 1….100%
Yellow Scorpion……………………………..Spankycolts, 4th generation……………………………..1/10 x 5, 1/11 x 1……………….……..…100%
Scotch Bonnet TFM………………………...Trippa, 3rd generation…………………...……………1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 2…….…100%
Scotch Bonnet, chocolate………………...GaGrowhead, 2nd generation……..1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, red…………………………….Spankycolts, 3rd generation………...……….1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/14 x 1, 1/15 x 1…..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, chocolate…………………….GaGrowhead, 2nd generation…………………………..1/15 x 1,1/18 x 1…………..……………….33%
Mystery Cross……………………………….Trippa, F3………………………………………..1/9 x 3, 1/10 x 2, 1/22 x 1………..……...…………100%
Jamaican Red Habanero………………….Devv, 2nd generation…………….………….....1/9 x 2, 1/10 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Primo………………………………………...MGold, 2nd génération………………………….1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/14 x 1, 1/28 x 1, 2/5 x 1.…100%
Goronong……………………………………Trippa………………………………………………………..1/7 x 2, 1/8 x 3, 1/11 x 1……….……….100%
Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot, yellow……..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/7 x 1, 1/8 x 3, 1/9 x 2………………...100%
Naga Brain, yellow………………………..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/8 x 2, 1/9 x 2, 1/10 x1, 1/11 x 1…….100%
Datil………………………………………….Romy6, 2nd generation…………………………………1/11 x 1, 1/17 x 1,1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1………67%

In Aerogarden: 3 seeds per plug except Cabe Gendot, 2 seeds.
Cheiro Recife………………………………Stickman, 2nd generation………………………….……….1/17 x 1, 1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1…………..100%
Lemon Drop………………………………..onefowl1………………………………………………………1/20 x 1……………………………………33%
Cabe Gendot……………………………….Trippa…………………………………………………………1/16 x 1, 1/28 x 1…………….…………100%
Inca Lost……………………………………Peppermania 2012, 2nd generation
Charapita………………………………..…Stc3248, 2nd generation

Plants already underway - top, Aji Amarillo, peruvian market, 3rd generation. Bottom, Orange Manzano, Stc3248, 3rd generation:
_DSC2532a_zpsee89d223.jpg

_DSC2531a_zps1428910a.jpg

PaulG said:
Thank you very much, Uros.

The camera is a Nikon D300S.
It is an awesome piece of technology.

Are you still looking for Orange Habanero and Aji Amarillo seeds?
If so PM me your addy, and I'll send some your way.

cool camera.. I just have the good ol' Nikon D80 .. but it's ok, untill you wanna use higher ISO's than 400

I'm still looking for them, but I'm sure not gonna grow them this year, I got plenty of plants to take care of
but if you're willing to share a few seeds for next year's season, I'm sure gonna send you an addy

Devv said:
Well yes, and they sunburn when it goes into the 80's here, and then the drying winds. I had about 15% wilt even with the sunshade. They're back out again this afternoon, except the wilty gals ;)

Great that you can get them out.  They should really start to turn heads after a little real sun!
tsurrie said:

cool camera.. I just have the good ol' Nikon D80 .. but it's ok, untill you wanna use higher ISO's than 400

I'm still looking for them, but I'm sure not gonna grow them this year, I got plenty of plants to take care of
but if you're willing to share a few seeds for next year's season, I'm sure gonna send you an addy
Be sure to do that, my friend.  You can always grow them next season, or just get crazy!

TrentL said:
Dang those are some nice looking plants, and nice looking pictures!

Thanks, Trent!

Jeff H said:

Jalapeno-ish

I'm not sure my red mushrooms were even that hot.  
I was amazed.

Roguejim said:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/49330-hot-to-serve-a-properly-prepared-jamaican-mushroombang/?hl=%2Bjamaican+%2Bmushroom

WARNING: Don't try this recipe with a Giant Yellow 7-Pot.  The worst morning after I've ever had!

That is a great idea, Jim!  I'll try that with some
Red Mushrooms, if Alzeimer's doesn't interfere!

Roguejim said:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/49330-hot-to-serve-a-properly-prepared-jamaican-mushroombang/?hl=%2Bjamaican+%2Bmushroom

WARNING: Don't try this recipe with a Giant Yellow 7-Pot.  The worst morning after I've ever had!

Dude, that looks so frigging good. 

Going to need to try that with some pods this summer. :)

Actually I might try that sooner than this summer since I still have a fully stocked deep freeze from last year... I need to work my way through those gallon bags someday soon! 

maximumcapsicum said:
Interestkng glog Paul! I was wondering what evened out your powders. Now I know one of your secrets! It never would have occurred to mix in the mushrooms.
Thank you, Adam.  I like to mellow the supers out at least a little!  
I use Brown Eggs the same way with super hot chocolate varieties.  
I am growing some other milder varieties this year for the same purpose.
Costeño Amarillo from Oaxaca is another good one, as I think Chili de Agua
(also from Oaxaca) might be.  We'll see.

S'right gents... I'm all about the flavor too. Good on ya both! :)

The Brown Egg seeds I tried to start last season never thrived, but I have hopes that John's seeds do better... :party:

Jeff H said:

I already changed my Annuum list to add in the Yellow Jamacian mushrooms I grew a couple of years ago. Some places (including the place I originally got the seeds from) try to pass them off as scotch bonnets, but when you see them grow, and taste them they are definitely annuums.

Yep, they are often listed as chinense, and I've made that mistake myself. The way to tell the difference that I learned was by the stem.  A chinense has a smooth stem that attaches to the pod in a smaller area (if that makes sense) and the annuum stem has ridges and flares out where it attaches to the pod. 
Potted up plants are looking terrific Paul! Healthy and beautiful specimens as usual!

Pulpiteer said:

Yep, they are often listed as chinense, and I've made that mistake myself. The way to tell the difference that I learned was by the stem.  A chinense has a smooth stem that attaches to the pod in a smaller area (if that makes sense) and the annuum stem has ridges and flares out where it attaches to the pod. 

Potted up plants are looking terrific Paul! Healthy and beautiful specimens as usual!
Well heck.  Here I've been starting my yellow/orange Jamaicam Mushrooms along with my chinenses every year.  They turn from yellow to an orange if left on the plant.

stickman said:
S'right gents... I'm all about the flavor too. Good on ya both! :)

The Brown Egg seeds I tried to start last season never thrived, but I have hopes that John's seeds do better... :party:
I hope they do well for you, Rick.   Jason sent my seeds,
and they were pretty dependable.  It's an interesting plant.

Pulpiteer said:

Potted up plants are looking terrific Paul! Healthy and beautiful specimens as usual!  Thanks, Andy!

Great info, Andy.  thanks, bro!

Roguejim said:
Well heck.  Here I've been starting my yellow/orange Jamaicam Mushrooms along with my chinenses every year.  They turn from yellow to an orange if left on the plant.

Live and learn, huh, Jim!

Here's a few pics of some of the greenhouse plants.  

NuMex Twilight getting some new growth:
_DSC2649a_zpsc38291dd.jpg

The volunteer that came up in the c. chacoense pot.  
Flowers are white with purple tips:
_DSC2653a_zps7c9fa767.jpg

Fatali bon chi:
_DSC2650a_zpsd59444ae.jpg

The Aji Amarillos and Manzanos went into the Jiffy pellets on Nov. 15th, 2014,
three months ago.  They are in 5 1/2 inch pots.

These two Aji Amarillos from the same fat pod.  
First Goliath:
_DSC2656a_zps6261d025.jpg

Then the sibling:
_DSC2659a_zpsfbaded12.jpg

This is Goliath's Branching top:
_DSC2657a_zps8fc8db90.jpg

These two are from the same fluorescent orange pod.  
The second seems to have the bushier phenotype that I'm looking for:
_DSC2655a_zps672bcba5.jpg

_DSC2658a_zpsb292d48b.jpg

Manzanos:
_DSC2660a_zpsc0882c63.jpg

_DSC2661a_zpscfbf9cd5.jpg

Thanks for dropping in!

Wow !

Paul you're getting great results in the GH. Lookie at those plants.......wonderful growth !

It might be time to break apart the root masses and place those girls into 5 gallon buckets.........they will be rocking with peppers...all year long

Best of luck with this years season !

everything looking really good. nice growth (and pic) of the OW. Love the look on the fatally bonchi, you did a great job on that one. ;) . Plants are getting BIG, keep it going Paul.

fantastic plants man, good job... love the greenhouse (it looks very similar my father in law has), does it have those automatic roof opening oily mechanism?

Back