• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2015

Okay, time to get the 2015 grow season underway!

Round One seeding 01/01/15, 3 seeds per plug x 2.  Dates are hook dates (as of 2/5/15).

In Jiffy Plugs:
Roatan Pumpkin……………………………...Honduran Market seed, 3rd generation………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 2….…100%
Congo Trinidad Yellow……………………...Sanarda, 3rd generation…………….……………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 3, 1/12 x 1……………..…84%
Fatali x Red Savina………………………….Spankycolts, 4th generation………..…….…..1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1,1/20 x 1….100%
Yellow Scorpion……………………………..Spankycolts, 4th generation……………………………..1/10 x 5, 1/11 x 1……………….……..…100%
Scotch Bonnet TFM………………………...Trippa, 3rd generation…………………...……………1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 2…….…100%
Scotch Bonnet, chocolate………………...GaGrowhead, 2nd generation……..1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, red…………………………….Spankycolts, 3rd generation………...……….1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/14 x 1, 1/15 x 1…..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, chocolate…………………….GaGrowhead, 2nd generation…………………………..1/15 x 1,1/18 x 1…………..……………….33%
Mystery Cross……………………………….Trippa, F3………………………………………..1/9 x 3, 1/10 x 2, 1/22 x 1………..……...…………100%
Jamaican Red Habanero………………….Devv, 2nd generation…………….………….....1/9 x 2, 1/10 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Primo………………………………………...MGold, 2nd génération………………………….1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/14 x 1, 1/28 x 1, 2/5 x 1.…100%
Goronong……………………………………Trippa………………………………………………………..1/7 x 2, 1/8 x 3, 1/11 x 1……….……….100%
Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot, yellow……..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/7 x 1, 1/8 x 3, 1/9 x 2………………...100%
Naga Brain, yellow………………………..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/8 x 2, 1/9 x 2, 1/10 x1, 1/11 x 1…….100%
Datil………………………………………….Romy6, 2nd generation…………………………………1/11 x 1, 1/17 x 1,1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1………67%

In Aerogarden: 3 seeds per plug except Cabe Gendot, 2 seeds.
Cheiro Recife………………………………Stickman, 2nd generation………………………….……….1/17 x 1, 1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1…………..100%
Lemon Drop………………………………..onefowl1………………………………………………………1/20 x 1……………………………………33%
Cabe Gendot……………………………….Trippa…………………………………………………………1/16 x 1, 1/28 x 1…………….…………100%
Inca Lost……………………………………Peppermania 2012, 2nd generation
Charapita………………………………..…Stc3248, 2nd generation

Plants already underway - top, Aji Amarillo, peruvian market, 3rd generation. Bottom, Orange Manzano, Stc3248, 3rd generation:
_DSC2532a_zpsee89d223.jpg

_DSC2531a_zps1428910a.jpg

Pulpiteer said:
Zoo manure. That's terrific! What a nice sized pile.  Nothing like free fertilizer.
The other thing I took from your story was that I really need a pick up at some point...

Plants continue to look great.  Thanks, Andy!
We are very lucky here, in that the Oregon Zoo gives the stuff away.
I read at some zoo websites they charge for it.  In some absurd cases,
they have lotteries to see who has the priveledge to buy the elephant poop!

Updated Round II germination data here.

PaulG said:
Updated germination Data here.

​Scored some great ZooDoo from the local zoo.  Mostly composted animal bedding
and herbivore poop (mainly elephant).  Got a level pickup bed for free - about two yards:
_DSC2667a_zpsbacf537e.jpg

A little organic super grow mix from the local bulk supply place, mixing with the zoodoo:
_DSC2668a_zps9dbb7a6c.jpg

holllyyyyy poooopppp....thats a ton.....go make teaaaaaa......and me here struggling with my rabbit poop lol :fireball:

Costeño Amarillo seeds finally sprouted!  Updated germination data here.

Pinoy83 said:
holllyyyyy poooopppp....thats a ton.....go make teaaaaaa......and me here struggling with my rabbit poop lol :fireball:

This stuff would make great tea for the plants!  
That's something I still have to try.

We're going for another load on Saturday!  
The first pile will be pretty much gone by this evening!

If we had a better climate here, I'd definitely have a
rabbit hutch over my compost bins!  Rabbit doo rocks!

beerbreath81 said:
Nice score on the poo pile Paul, things are looking good over here.

Thanks, Anthony.  Nuthin' like free fertilizer!

PaulG said:
I'm a little disappointed in the recent germination rates on some of my seeds this round.  
Three of my favorites haven't shown a hook, yet.  Data here.

Check out the growth on the Aerogarden plants while you look at the data:
_DSC2671a_zps32197ea0.jpg

:rofl: Yeah, I'm sticking my grow down plants directly into a wad of elephant poop!

Glad the Brown Eggs are working to provide for ya, Rick!
Hope they exceed expectations

I think the ZooDoo should be money from what I have read on line.
Be patient Paul ... Trust your systems ... I am sure your faves will pop before you know it !! Just an aside I see the birdseye HTM haven't popped yet ... Now I know these can be stubborn little buggers from my experience ... No rhyme or reason either ... Some just seem unviable while others are super quick to pop!
Good work on the elephant excrement ... I expect big things from it

RocketMan said:
WOW, THAT'S a lot of poo, nice score! I was going to say Holy S_ _ _, but I didn't want to be the guy who went there :)
I was countin' on you, buddy   :rofl: 
Oh well.

Trippa said:
Be patient Paul ... Trust your systems ... I am sure your faves will pop before you know it !! Just an aside I see the birdseye HTM haven't popped yet ... Now I know these can be stubborn little buggers from my experience ... No rhyme or reason either ... Some just seem unviable while others are super quick to pop!
Good work on the elephant excrement ... I expect big things from it

You might have seen that the Costeño Amarillo sprouted today!
Still waiting on the HTM and the Inca Lost.  Will try them one more
time, if necessary.

We have high expectations for elephant sized results this season!

Sawyer said:
Looking good.  Got my fingers crossed for the Bird's Eye and Inca Lost.  What's HTM stand for?
Hey, John!  The HTM is a Bird's Eye variety from Trippa.
Really packs a punch and a prolific annuum type.  Red
pods about two inches long and narrow.  I think it stands
for the name of the market where he got the original pod.

Makes a great powder mixed with Goat's Weed!

PaulG said:
Hey, John!  The HTM is a Bird's Eye variety from Trippa.
Really packs a punch and a prolific annuum type.  Red
pods about two inches long and narrow.  I think it stands
for the name of the market where he got the original pod.

Makes a great powder mixed with Goat's Weed!
yeah as Paul said HTM stands for Harbour Town Market ... Where I got the original pods ... I saved the seeds from a particularly hot pod and grew them out for a couple of seasons ... in that time I decided it was pretty uniform in pod shape and growth habit and was one of the hottest Annuums I had tasted ... I had to share it. A good one for sure!

The Inca Lost finally sprouted at 15 days, on 3/1.  Updated germination data here:
_DSC2674a_zpsuxdp3wtn.jpg

​
The Cheiro Recife and BrainStrain 7 Pods:
_DSC2672a_zpswxj5k2is.jpg

The round Two anuums have taken over the grow shelf:
_DSC2680a_zpsoj5owyel.jpg

Leading to the insanity that is my greenhouse:
_DSC2679a_zpsktrkzhsm.jpg

Portuge said:
Excellent score on the zoo poo Paul, should be enough to go around your whole yard Jk i mean pots.
Yeah, James, all pots filled, and even some
spread around under the rhododendrons!

Trident chilli said:
Paul great grow log and really interesting ... love the aerogarden

Thanks for visiting!

PaulG said:
The Inca Lost finally sprouted at 15 days, on 3/1.  Updated germination data here:
_DSC2674a_zpsuxdp3wtn.jpg

​
The Cheiro Recife and BrainStrain 7 Pods:
_DSC2672a_zpswxj5k2is.jpg

The round Two anuums have taken over the grow shelf:
_DSC2680a_zpsoj5owyel.jpg

Leading to the insanity that is my greenhouse:
_DSC2679a_zpsktrkzhsm.jpg

Yeah, James, all pots filled, and even some
spread around under the rhododendrons!

Thanks for visiting!
nice nice nice.........aerogarden just gone viral lol......greenhouse looking great....all greeeennnsss.... give them some of your zoo poop tea.....and see the explosiveness after couple days :fireball:  :fireball:  :fireball:

Back