• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2015

Okay, time to get the 2015 grow season underway!

Round One seeding 01/01/15, 3 seeds per plug x 2.  Dates are hook dates (as of 2/5/15).

In Jiffy Plugs:
Roatan Pumpkin……………………………...Honduran Market seed, 3rd generation………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 2….…100%
Congo Trinidad Yellow……………………...Sanarda, 3rd generation…………….……………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 3, 1/12 x 1……………..…84%
Fatali x Red Savina………………………….Spankycolts, 4th generation………..…….…..1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1,1/20 x 1….100%
Yellow Scorpion……………………………..Spankycolts, 4th generation……………………………..1/10 x 5, 1/11 x 1……………….……..…100%
Scotch Bonnet TFM………………………...Trippa, 3rd generation…………………...……………1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 2…….…100%
Scotch Bonnet, chocolate………………...GaGrowhead, 2nd generation……..1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, red…………………………….Spankycolts, 3rd generation………...……….1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/14 x 1, 1/15 x 1…..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, chocolate…………………….GaGrowhead, 2nd generation…………………………..1/15 x 1,1/18 x 1…………..……………….33%
Mystery Cross……………………………….Trippa, F3………………………………………..1/9 x 3, 1/10 x 2, 1/22 x 1………..……...…………100%
Jamaican Red Habanero………………….Devv, 2nd generation…………….………….....1/9 x 2, 1/10 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Primo………………………………………...MGold, 2nd génération………………………….1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/14 x 1, 1/28 x 1, 2/5 x 1.…100%
Goronong……………………………………Trippa………………………………………………………..1/7 x 2, 1/8 x 3, 1/11 x 1……….……….100%
Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot, yellow……..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/7 x 1, 1/8 x 3, 1/9 x 2………………...100%
Naga Brain, yellow………………………..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/8 x 2, 1/9 x 2, 1/10 x1, 1/11 x 1…….100%
Datil………………………………………….Romy6, 2nd generation…………………………………1/11 x 1, 1/17 x 1,1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1………67%

In Aerogarden: 3 seeds per plug except Cabe Gendot, 2 seeds.
Cheiro Recife………………………………Stickman, 2nd generation………………………….……….1/17 x 1, 1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1…………..100%
Lemon Drop………………………………..onefowl1………………………………………………………1/20 x 1……………………………………33%
Cabe Gendot……………………………….Trippa…………………………………………………………1/16 x 1, 1/28 x 1…………….…………100%
Inca Lost……………………………………Peppermania 2012, 2nd generation
Charapita………………………………..…Stc3248, 2nd generation

Plants already underway - top, Aji Amarillo, peruvian market, 3rd generation. Bottom, Orange Manzano, Stc3248, 3rd generation:
_DSC2532a_zpsee89d223.jpg

_DSC2531a_zps1428910a.jpg

maximumcapsicum said:
Great update Paul! I am diggin the scorpions and ripe manzanos!
Thanks, Adam.  Ate the Manzanos stuffed with pork sausage and baked,  Delicious   :drooling:

I think the summer like heat has caused the pods to be meaner looking than in years past.
I have to keep reminding myself its' only 25th of July.

PeriPeri said:
Bhuuuuuteeeful! That is the big payload right there wooohoooo! Nice one Paul - really well done!

It's a total accident, of course, but it will be really interesting to see what
kind of pods are ripening up in September/October, if any.

Thanks, buddy!

Trippa said:
Finally the bonnet shape came through Paul!! The original pod the seeds I supplied were from had a large pointy stinger and classic bonnet shape ... Only taken a couple of years ... Everything else is looking spectacular ... Well done bro ... Hope you are well .. cheers@

I remember that pod, Tristen!  A couple of these look a lot like it.  Can't wait for a ripe one   :drooling: 

The Cabe Gendot a little closer:
_DSC3114a_zpsuyddrums.jpg

These are great tasting pods, and definitely have some heat behind an almost sweet taste!
_DSC3118a_zpsoqnnanla.jpg

The inside scoop:
_DSC3119a_zpsnczh7uio.jpg

First harvest going into the dryer.  It hasn't flowered for some time. Goat's Weed, purple, alongside:
_DSC3120a_zps4fgrg0tt.jpg

az1000 said:
Great pods . That  Red Bhut Jolokia has purple flowers?
God is good.  When the flowers start to wilt they get a little purple shading on the 
exterior petal vein, very faint.  Otherwise, white like a normal Bhut Jolokia.

Some Brown Eggs, 2nd generation from GaGrowhead.  
Hey, Jason, these pods are longer and not quite as egg-shaped as last year's.  
Otherwise looking good with same exact color:
_DSC3115a_zpsgbbyjgmt.jpg

Here are some in the dryer along with some Goat's Weed, white, Sureño, and a few Thai red:
_DSC3121a_zpsusvzjxzs.jpg

I figured the last harvest of 'baby' Chocolate Scotch Bonnets, 
Congo Trinidad Yellows, and JA Red Habaneros was worth a trip to the dryer:
_DSC3122a_zpsjqclhpz0.jpg

Had a quarter inch of much needed rain today! 

Great update Paul! Glad you're getting a little rain. We have had near perfect weather down here... They're bragging about a vintage peach harvest down on the coastal plain.

Can't wait to hear your report on the dried pods. I got some rocottos almost mature now... Probably gonna eat them fresh but we will see!

Paul, those are crazy!
I have a whole row of them and all the ones with pods look correct so far.
The plant looks right like you said, and is ripen to brown. I think it's cool! Is the favor the same as the previous generation?
And cool pube too!

After thinking about these brown eggs, I remembered that i did have one plant that made longer shaped pods last year, but they weren't as elongated as yours.

Paul great looking pods what is your take on the chocolate Scotch Bonnets heat/flavor etc
I have Trinidad Brown Scotch Bonnet seeds I figure they must taste similar to the chocolate bonnets.
I have never had chocolate habaneros or the Jamaican hot chocolate habanero fairly new to the chocolate pod field .
My one experience was with a chocolate beauty bell in a word nasty.

Plantguy76 said:
Paul great looking pods what is your take on the chocolate Scotch Bonnets heat/flavor etc
I have Trinidad Brown Scotch Bonnet seeds I figure they must taste similar to the chocolate bonnets.
I have never had chocolate habaneros or the Jamaican hot chocolate habanero fairly new to the chocolate pod field .
Hey Jason, names Jason too! The seeds I sent Paul are the Trinidad brown scotch from Judy originally. So you should have seeds from the same line if yours came from pepperlover. They are tasty and worth growing. I have a picture worthy pheno this year, that I will post at some point. Pod are perfect and huge. Plant those next year!

PaulG said:
The Cabe Gendot a little closer:
_DSC3114a_zpsuyddrums.jpg

These are great tasting pods, and definitely have some heat behind an almost sweet taste!
_DSC3118a_zpsoqnnanla.jpg

The inside scoop:
_DSC3119a_zpsnczh7uio.jpg

What a cool pepper! Looks juicy.

And those bonnets from the last page have a great shape to them. They look awesome.  You're having a great year Paul!

Amazing Paul !

This glog shows you're really enjoying the season, great effort with the detail and variety in the photography. 

I'm so impressed by the early harvest(s) that you're having. 

Best of luck with the rest of the grow.

GA Growhead said:
Hey Jason, names Jason too! The seeds I sent Paul are the Trinidad brown scotch from Judy originally. So you should have seeds from the same line if yours came from pepperlover. They are tasty and worth growing. I have a picture worthy pheno this year, that I will post at some point. Pod are perfect and huge. Plant those next year!
Thanks for the info Jason I will be sure to grow some next year!
Oh & yes there form pepperlover

maximumcapsicum said:
Great update Paul! Glad you're getting a little rain. We have had near perfect weather down here... They're bragging about a vintage peach harvest down on the coastal plain.

Can't wait to hear your report on the dried pods. I got some rocottos almost mature now... Probably gonna eat them fresh but we will see!
Hey, Adam!  All right rocotos on the way!  Awesome!
We had a half inch of rain this weekend - a welcome soaker
yesterday (.2" in 10 minutes).

All of the Manzanos here are still green at this point (except for the 2 that I ate.)
Here are a few groups of pods:
_DSC3131a_zpsblyxfhj2.jpg

_DSC3133a_zpsoivaq8yy.jpg

_DSC3132a_zpsu33fwrfe.jpg

GA Growhead said:
Paul, those are crazy!
I have a whole row of them and all the ones with pods look correct so far.
The plant looks right like you said, and is ripen to brown. I think it's cool! Is the favor the same as the previous generation?
And cool pube too!

After thinking about these brown eggs, I remembered that i did have one plant that made longer shaped pods last year, but they weren't as elongated as yours.

The Brown Eggs have similar flavor to last year's, Jason.  
Not a real fair comparison since this Spring was so much hotter.

Plantguy76 said:
Trident chilli said:
Baby Brown SB look great ... I always seem to get the habanero shaped pods .... Looking forward Paul to seeing this variety when mature
GA Growhead said:
Hey Jason, names Jason too! The seeds I sent Paul are the Trinidad brown scotch from Judy originally. So you should have seeds from the same line if yours came from pepperlover. They are tasty and worth growing. I have a picture worthy pheno this year, that I will post at some point. Pod are perfect and huge. Plant those next year!  Looking forward to the pic!
Yeah, guys, the Chocolate Trinidad Bonnets are great.
Way hot, but with the brown chili taste.  They make a great powder
mixed with Chocolate Bhut and Brown Eggs.

The shape is more habaneroish in these plants so far.
I will try to keep this line going for a few more seasons.

Thanks for looking in Fellas.

coachspencerxc said:
Great pictures!  Thanks, buddy!

Pulpiteer said:

What a cool pepper! Looks juicy.

And those bonnets from the last page have a great shape to them. They look awesome.  You're having a great year Paul!   Thanks, Andy, hope the same is true for your season so far.
The Cabe Gendot is a juicy, tasty pepper with a good heat.
They should make a nice powder.

Those Bonnets should look beautiful when they ripen up!

PIC 1 said:
Amazing Paul !

This glog shows you're really enjoying the season, great effort with the detail and variety in the photography. 

I'm so impressed by the early harvest(s) that you're having. 

Best of luck with the rest of the grow.

Greg, my friend!  Good to hear from you, buddy!

We have had a stellar Spring and Summer so far.
I'm going to be spoiled now that I know what it's
like to have a warm and sunny early grow season!

Holding out hope for a great Summer/Fall as well.
Long range forecast looks good.

Some other pods starting to show color.

NagaBrain:
_DSC3125a_zpskkpaxirk.jpg

Fatali/Savina, smaller early pods:
_DSC3123a_zpsogbmb61h.jpg

_DSC3124a_zpstkotwvbm.jpg

Red Bhut Jolokia.  The pod is more orange than this pic shows:
_DSC3126a_zpsyhlmqeqj.jpg

You can see the true color in this pic, down in the lower right corner:
_DSC3127a_zpsh0zy5f5m.jpg

F3 cross, 3rd generation, from Trippa:
_DSC3129a_zps17np9ztx.jpg

The pods are beginning to turn a light green.  Can't wait to see what develops here:
_DSC3128a_zpsewkfu2fx.jpg

I'll post more pics in a little bit.  Thanks for looking in.

Those F3s are looking stellar there Paul!! As do all of your pods and plants ... Looks like you are going to have a bumper crop of everything ... Plenty of Manzanos to boot !!
Hopefully that f3 goes that pale yellow again when ripe .. that will be an ultimate colour change and contrast to the purple ... Well done bro!

Trippa said:
Those F3s are looking stellar there Paul!! As do all of your pods and plants ... Looks like you are going to have a bumper crop of everything ... Plenty of Manzanos to boot !!
Hopefully that f3 goes that pale yellow again when ripe .. that will be an ultimate colour change and contrast to the purple ... Well done bro!
I'm hopeful, Tristen.  Nothing to do now but wait.

c. Chacoense var. Exile showing some color:
_DSC3130a_zpssxd1gwjz.jpg

Black Pearl:
_DSC3136a_zpskzljlicc.jpg

Brain Strains:
_DSC3143a_zps1is6kce8.jpg

Bird's Eye HTM:
_DSC3145a_zpscavvvxhd.jpg

More F3's:
_DSC3141a_zpszwydnsrd.jpg

The Fatali Bon Chi has put on some new growth:
_DSC3146a_zpsnfgwftph.jpg

Back yard chili patch:
_DSC3137a_zpsekkt4ben.jpg

Mystery volunteer:
_DSC3138a_zpsaab66vf6.jpg

Looking great! Really great! I think your volunteer mystery looks like a Chinese 5-color or Bolivian rainbow. Nice fat trunk on that Bonchi!

-Adam

Back