• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2015

Okay, time to get the 2015 grow season underway!

Round One seeding 01/01/15, 3 seeds per plug x 2.  Dates are hook dates (as of 2/5/15).

In Jiffy Plugs:
Roatan Pumpkin……………………………...Honduran Market seed, 3rd generation………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 2….…100%
Congo Trinidad Yellow……………………...Sanarda, 3rd generation…………….……………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 3, 1/12 x 1……………..…84%
Fatali x Red Savina………………………….Spankycolts, 4th generation………..…….…..1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1,1/20 x 1….100%
Yellow Scorpion……………………………..Spankycolts, 4th generation……………………………..1/10 x 5, 1/11 x 1……………….……..…100%
Scotch Bonnet TFM………………………...Trippa, 3rd generation…………………...……………1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 2…….…100%
Scotch Bonnet, chocolate………………...GaGrowhead, 2nd generation……..1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, red…………………………….Spankycolts, 3rd generation………...……….1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/14 x 1, 1/15 x 1…..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, chocolate…………………….GaGrowhead, 2nd generation…………………………..1/15 x 1,1/18 x 1…………..……………….33%
Mystery Cross……………………………….Trippa, F3………………………………………..1/9 x 3, 1/10 x 2, 1/22 x 1………..……...…………100%
Jamaican Red Habanero………………….Devv, 2nd generation…………….………….....1/9 x 2, 1/10 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Primo………………………………………...MGold, 2nd génération………………………….1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/14 x 1, 1/28 x 1, 2/5 x 1.…100%
Goronong……………………………………Trippa………………………………………………………..1/7 x 2, 1/8 x 3, 1/11 x 1……….……….100%
Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot, yellow……..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/7 x 1, 1/8 x 3, 1/9 x 2………………...100%
Naga Brain, yellow………………………..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/8 x 2, 1/9 x 2, 1/10 x1, 1/11 x 1…….100%
Datil………………………………………….Romy6, 2nd generation…………………………………1/11 x 1, 1/17 x 1,1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1………67%

In Aerogarden: 3 seeds per plug except Cabe Gendot, 2 seeds.
Cheiro Recife………………………………Stickman, 2nd generation………………………….……….1/17 x 1, 1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1…………..100%
Lemon Drop………………………………..onefowl1………………………………………………………1/20 x 1……………………………………33%
Cabe Gendot……………………………….Trippa…………………………………………………………1/16 x 1, 1/28 x 1…………….…………100%
Inca Lost……………………………………Peppermania 2012, 2nd generation
Charapita………………………………..…Stc3248, 2nd generation

Plants already underway - top, Aji Amarillo, peruvian market, 3rd generation. Bottom, Orange Manzano, Stc3248, 3rd generation:
_DSC2532a_zpsee89d223.jpg

_DSC2531a_zps1428910a.jpg

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Nice baby pod pictures I thought I was the only one

My MoA are a little off but as long as I can get a lbs or 2 from them..shape means nothing

I've harvested all the runs. But keeps on making these small pods.. all seem to be seedless
Looking good. Keep it up Paul. How's the aerogarden. What's cooking
Chris P is an addict and has 6...Nigel I believe has 4 o 5 That's insane, but great!
All right Denniz, make way for the real pods!

The AeroGarden is on it's summer rest!  No place for more plants   :rofl:

My honey and I spent the last week at Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast.  
The weather was awesome and the views awesomer:
_DSC2996a_zpsoeco7o4w.jpg

Will post a few chili pics in a little bit,

How's Summer, there? Your plants are thriving! Like your MOAs, mine are not classic in shape. Never have been for me. Are you growing the SB FTLs? Cool pumpkin shape.

Roguejim said:
How's Summer, there? Your plants are thriving! Like your MOAs, mine are not classic in shape. Never have been for me. Are you growing the SB FTLs? Cool pumpkin shape.
Summer here is about a month early, Jim.  The forecast for the next ten
days calls for highs ranging from 93-98.  Very unusual for this time of year.

The bonnets I'm growing this year are the TFM from Trippa, and the chocolate 
from GaGrowhead.  My bonnets have not had the classic bonnet shape either.  
Maybe this year.

More baby pods ripening up on the chocolate, although they are starting to
get a little bigger:
_DSC3023a_zpsadpbvfcw.jpg

PaulS said:
That beach pic is awesome. Looks beautiful.
I looked at the area on google maps it all looks fantastic

Thanks Paul.  It is my favorite spot on the Oregon Coast.  Big wide beaches about 6-8 miles
long with lots of scenic haystack rocks all up and down the coast.  

The Fatali bonchi has ripened up a bunch of little miniature pods:
_DSC3035a_zpsinwxdxxt.jpg

Here is the strange lemon drop plant.  Really big leaves like a baccatum, and kind of a vining growth
habit.  The original pod was about 3" long and yellow.  the pods are almost as big as bell peppers.
_DSC3025a_zpsqouvzzw6.jpg

Here's a closer view of a pod:
_DSC3026a_zps7kvuqasw.jpg

The Aji Amarillos are getting close to a little harvest:
_DSC3029a_zpsn0wphybr.jpg

The Mystery volunteer from the c. chacoense pot last Fall.  Looking more and more like a
Bolivian Rainbow, but I have no idea how the seed could have survived four years in the
potting soil since I last grew one.  It could be a cross of some kind, maybe with a
Chili Costa Rica.  The pods seem fatter than I remember the Rainbow having:
_DSC3022a_zpsiha5aykb.jpg

The Cabe Gendot from Trippa is beginning to ripen up:
_DSC3030a_zpslg6wa7wk.jpg

Same for some baby JA Red Mushroom pods:
_DSC3033a_zpsqydon36z.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good beginning to summer.  I'm afraid of what the rest of the
summer will look like here with the hot weather we've been having now.

Its been a hard year here Paul with all the rain& unsteady temps causing lots of bugs & disease some things are ripping sooner than normal etc but over all I am doing ok in the garden
It has stablsize some but more rain tomorrow
In master gardener class they think we can expect more of the same concerning pest & disease's

I did not sow any of my lake valley strain of Jamaican red its heat is like what I read about Jamaican Gold
I had some putting out some pods like the Jamaican gold last year .
I think I will call these lake valley strain Jamaican Red Ruby .
Your pods look different than the ones I grown actually miss growing them hope the Brazilian Starfish fills the void.
Ozzy2001 said:
Looks good. That Fatallii bonchi looks awesome. I can't wait until my pods start to ripen. Lots of Aji Mangos, pineapples, and limon pods coming soon.
That's awesome Scott let me know your take on the aji mango's please.

Plantguy76 said:
Its been a hard year here Paul with all the rain& unsteady temps causing lots of bugs & disease some things are ripping sooner than normal etc but over all I am doing ok in the garden
It has stablsize some but more rain tomorrow
In master gardener class they think we can expect more of the same concerning pest & disease's
Sounds like you are having our Spring weather, Jason!
Glad to hear you are doing well ins spit of.

This season is one for the books, so far, all right!

Ozzy2001 said:
Looks good. That Fatallii bonchi looks awesome. I can't wait until my pods start to ripen. Lots of Aji Mangos, pineapples, and limon pods coming soon.

Thanks, Scott.  the bon chi has exceeded my expectations to this point!

Glad to hear there are ripe pods in the near future for you, my friend!

Plantguy76 said:
I did not sow any of my lake valley strain of Jamaican red its heat is like what I read about Jamaican Gold
I had some putting out some pods like the Jamaican gold last year .
I think I will call these lake valley strain Jamaican Red Ruby .
Your pods look different than the ones I grown.  These are all baby pods so far, and don't really look much like the mature pods will.
actually miss growing them hope the Brazilian Starfish fills the void.
That's awesome Scott let me know your take on the aji mango's please.

The JA Red Habs I'm growing are 2nd gen. from WalkGood and Devv.

Another insane baby pod harvest.  The mutant Lempon Drops and some Cabe Gendot and Aj Amarillo at the top,
and just a hodgepodge of different types including a few Thai red and Pepperocini:
_DSC3037a_zpsnbgbj1da.jpg

Manzano coming on.  Woot!:
_DSC3040a_zpsgqvyt7we.jpg

We're heading to the coast for the weekend.  Hope everyone has a good one.
romy6 said:
 Looking good my west coast brethren !!!
Thanks, Jamie!  Just trying to keep up with this Florida-like heat!

Tons of pods and some crazy stuff with the mystery volunteer and the weird lemon drop...
That fatalii bonchi is pretty cool - very thick trunk on that one. 

Caught up. It's been awhile. Pods looking good. Hope the weather cools down a little bit. It's been upper 90's here for awhile. That's normal for me. I bet the plants don't mind as long as there some humidity. Nice harvest if pods. Plants should take off. Tried my first Goats Weed the other day. Impressive. It's only a foot tall, but bushy. Hope it kicks in and starts growing. Cool plant.

Beautiful pic of the coast.

Have a great weekend

Thanks for sharing

Awesome looking mini harvest Brother!! Let me know how those Cabe gendots taste when you get a chance!. Hope your trip to the coast is going well

Paul,  Great harvest pictures, especially for this time of the year.  You will have to post a report on  how those Mutant Lemon drops taste!

I am floored to see you have a ripening Manzano already!  Wow, what a green thumb.  My Manzano"s are still dropping flowers due to the heat, but I have my fingers crossed for some productive flowers yet!

Great job!

PaulG said:

One of my favorites.  Pretty hot, but carries the Fatali flavor.
There is also a red strain out there somewhere.  It originally
came from JustAGuy and I got a plant from Spankycolts.

Glad to see these still going. I have seed in my bank still and i also prefer the yellow strain. They have the fatalii flavor with the red savina back end while the red strain is just the opposite

Love the Manzano pod coloring up! Boy, this seems kinda late to be getting baby pods Paul, do you have any theories as to why? I hear ya 'bout having unexpected crosses... I've got a couple of those myself. I just hope they're something I can use come harvest. It's too late to change anything now.

Have a great vacation!

Pulpiteer said:
Tons of pods and some crazy stuff with the mystery volunteer and the weird lemon drop...
That fatalii bonchi is pretty cool - very thick trunk on that one. 
Hey, Andy!  Yeah, it's been a weird season for strange crosses this year.
Hope your season is going well, my friend.

The Red Thai pepper is starting to catch fire:
_DSC3041a_zpswg44k2wk.jpg

Trippa's F3 cross still showing some purple traits:
_DSC3046a_zpsxoxjhp4g.jpg

OCD Chilehead said:
Caught up. It's been awhile. Pods looking good. Hope the weather cools down a little bit. It's been upper 90's here for awhile. That's normal for me. I bet the plants don't mind as long as there some humidity. Nice harvest if pods. Plants should take off. Tried my first Goats Weed the other day. Impressive. It's only a foot tall, but bushy. Hope it kicks in and starts growing. Cool plant.

Beautiful pic of the coast.

Have a great weekend

Thanks for sharing

Hey, Chuck!  Our heat wave finally broke today, high of only 89˚.  Feels like Spring!

The purple Goat's Weed is setting pods rapid fire, much stubbier than the white-flowered GW:

The white Goat's Weed, longer, slimmer pods:
_DSC3057a_zpsphib5y6p.jpg

Trippa said:
Awesome looking mini harvest Brother!! Let me know how those Cabe gendots taste when you get a chance!. Hope your trip to the coast is going well
The Cabe Gendots have a great taste, and pretty good heat!  Nice pepper, Tristen!

We had a great time at the coast - beautiful weather again!

Got another crazy harvest of baby, and some mature, pods this week:
_DSC3069a_zps4knxtnxx.jpg

bpwilly said:
Paul,  Great harvest pictures, especially for this time of the year.  You will have to post a report on  how those Mutant Lemon drops taste!

I am floored to see you have a ripening Manzano already!  Wow, what a green thumb.  My Manzano"s are still dropping flowers due to the heat, but I have my fingers crossed for some productive flowers yet!

Great job!
Hey, Bill, thanks!

I hope I get to harvest more than baby pods this year!  The Mutant
Lemon Drops tasted like a regular Bell pepper.  Egads.

My Manzanos are dropping flowers, as well, but when the conditions
get right, they hurry up and set a few pods.  I haven't counted, but I'm
thinking about 18-24 are on the plants, now.

The c. rhomboidium has finally branched out a little, at the tops.  
I've never seen a plant grow so tall with no branching.  I have
trimmed it three times:
_DSC3063a_zpsrxrxfs8o.jpg

_DSC3064a_zpsjhtcpvzl.jpg

There are some tiny pods setting now.  These pics are several days old:
_DSC3065a_zpsmqrd7er0.jpg

Justaguy said:
Glad to see these still going. I have seed in my bank still and i also prefer the yellow strain. They have the fatalii flavor with the red savina back end while the red strain is just the opposite

Hey, Brian, that is one I'm going to keep going over the seasons, for sure!
It is finally putting out some mature pods:
_DSC3055a_zpssmeij36y.jpg

Now that the mature pods are really setting, I can see how among the chinenses,
the baby pods all look pretty much the same.  They really begin to differentiate
at this time of year.  A couple of JA Red Habaneros to illustrate:
_DSC3044a_zpsqvc9fqma.jpg

_DSC3052a_zpsiiff4ece.jpg

stickman said:
Love the Manzano pod coloring up! Boy, this seems kinda late to be getting baby pods Paul, do you have any theories as to why? I hear ya 'bout having unexpected crosses... I've got a couple of those myself. I just hope they're something I can use come harvest. It's too late to change anything now.

Have a great vacation!

My plants got so large in their two liter pots, that they set dozens of baby pods in the greenhouse
before they really went outside, then they just cranked them out.  it looks like we are just about past
that stage now!  The crosses I'm most excited about are the purple Goat's Weed, and the Red Bhut
Jolokia that picked up a purple gene.  Should be interesting.

Hopw all is well at your end, Rick!

Will post a few more pics later.

Pretty flowers on th C. rhomboidium.

Great pictures and update Paul! Glad to hear the Cabe Gendot has a great flavour and heat as well ... Keep the pictures coming!!

Back