• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2020

Lots of pubescents, looking very good Paul, wish I was in the neighborhood when those ripen up! 

CaneDog said:
That San Pedro Orange is supposed to be a very nice variety with good flavor and production, but it's been a challenge for me to get going.  I'm not sure the seeds I received were in the greatest shape.  Glad to see that you've managed to get yours to where it's putting on some size.  I have a couple very young ones that seem to be growing better now, but started out quite weak and slow. I'll be happy if I can get some good seeds this season for easier future grows.

I got mine from Jukka, but the one I started did very poorly. Properly an unlucky seed, I guess there is always next year ;) 

simp3204 said:
I’m interested in how those dwarf tomatoes turn out and how they taste.

It looks like the Aphid War of 2020 has subsided at the moment, but I have a a feeling they are regrouping to attack my garden in July and August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll let you know. That's why I'm growing so
many varieties this season. I hope to find
one red, one yellow, and a couple of others
to grow in the future.

Yeah, aphids doing the same here. I see them
trying to regroup. all the plants will get an insecti-
cidal soap bath upon plant-out.

Aji Benito, seed from lespaulde:
B5842AB9-982C-48CF-B8EC-B21F6E7EDC04.jpeg

Sugar Rush Peach, also from lpde:
8C623332-6B9E-4A98-AA92-5BEC617AAA37.jpeg

Really hoping these will step it up a notch
in the summer sun . Still not a lot of new
growth lately v 

Looking good Paul!! And ripe SRP already, that must be some kind of record! :dance: Glad you enjoyed the flavor and I think you paired it with an awesome dish, looks delicious! :)

Those 2 plants should really start taking off soon with the increased temps and the large container. The SRP grew really large last year (needs quite a bit of staking with the weight of the fruits) and the Aji Benito just wouldn't stop setting, so they should provide plenty of pods by season's end. Curious how you'll like the heat level of the Benito, I thought it was a nice and mild variety, just below that of the SRP.

HeatMiser, would be more than happy to provide you with some seeds, I'm growing it again this year as well and it's the only plant already with multiple fruits this year. They might take a while to ripen (~60 days from setting), but it fruits early and plentiful to make up for it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

lespaulde said:
Looking good Paul!! And ripe SRP already, that must be some kind of record! :dance: Glad you enjoyed the flavor and I think you paired it with an awesome dish, looks delicious! :)

Those 2 plants should really start taking off soon with the increased temps and the large container. The SRP grew really large last year (needs quite a bit of staking with the weight of the fruits) and the Aji Benito just wouldn't stop setting, so they should provide plenty of pods by season's end. Curious how you'll like the heat level of the Benito, I thought it was a nice and mild variety, just below that of the SRP.

HeatMiser, would be more than happy to provide you with some seeds, I'm growing it again this year as well and it's the only plant already with multiple fruits this year. They might take a while to ripen (~60 days from setting), but it fruits early and plentiful to make up for it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Thanks for that info, lpde,

Haven’t  tried the Benito, yet. What is the ripe
color? I’m thinking dark orange.

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
good looking dinner bro and peppers look nice. Peppers always compliment dinner and lunch  :dance: 
Was it sweet or minor sweet?
The flavor was totally baccatum. Didn’t
really get a sweet flavor. Heat was about
like a mild jalapeño. Really looking forward
to trying the Aji Benito.

Siv said:
Took me a while to catch up but stunning grow as always Paul!

Here's a twin set of your Purple Thunder making it's way on my side of the world.
Looks good, Siv! Is that a double plant,
or did it just fork down really low?

First, added amendments to all of the containers.
BJ Brown in this one:
6FF93081-6FDF-4307-AC9D-8061736EA379.jpeg

All mixed in and ready for planting. Orange BJ
Chocolate in this one.Started today and got
about 40% transplanted:
A0343200-FFF8-41AB-B5D7-F3F9E6724F72.jpeg

Siv said:

It's a double. I've already added 3 hydro buckets and 8 grow bags to last year's setup - not enough room to split these up! More than a few are double and one is a triple!
No thing wrong with that, Siv. I have borrowed
a page from Skullbiker’s grow bookthis season,
and am putting more than one plant in several
of my containers!

Back