• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

PayPal issue

Yeah, I get those phishing scams too; but this one didn't come to my spam folder and it didn't have any links in it. That part seemed legit. The questionable thing was that to confirm my identity they wanted my card number, and that's what seemed suspicious. Anyway, I got a number from a separate computer and called.

I might be slow on the uptake, but in case no one else knew, you can activate paypal security on your mobile phone. It's free and easy to do (well at least for us aussies, phone companies don't charge us anything to receive calls or text messages, the originator of the call/message gets charged).
But log onto paypal, look for the link for "security key" and find the "register your phone" option.
I disagree with other here saying paypal is not difficult to deal with and never makes people jump through hoops. They lock and suspend accounts all the time for suspected fraudulent behaviour using metrics they aren't willing to share with their users, and don't really have any care to sort it out quickly. So the more you do to stop anything happening to your account, the more free you are to use it without them following their misdirected whims ;)

Back