• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Pepper Harvest

I am working in the peppers now. I am dehydrating most of them so I can make some atomic powder. I'm also freezing several.

Brown Habanero
slmret.jpg

These are Congo Trinidad
2e64oep.jpg

I'll post more as I have time to pick them. I have alot more needing to be picked

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice pile of pods Brian. Those browns look a little red to me.
They are more chocolate looking when not in my photo. The flash seems to give them a reddish look

What are the ingredients for Atomic powder?
Bhuts, Nagas, Fataliis etc. I'm making 1 batch that will have all my peppers in it.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I have the same pretty color on my Trinidad Congo peppers, sort of a lipstick red. Congrats on the nice harvest Brian

Yeah those Congos are beauties for sure. I have a paper plate full of seeds I am drying right now to trade and use for next year

Pretty pile of pods Brian. My dehydrator has been working overtime lately, but it saves freezer space and I don't think Habs freeze that great in general. The Bullets don't do too bad.

Got some good looking pods there Brian. By the time this season is over you're going to be measuring your powder by the pound. Along with a few other folks around here. Good luck to you buddy.

Last night I picked Rocotos
hx887n.jpg

I am freezing them in bags instead of dehydrating. My wife makes a hot sauce from these for her chicken soups. All Peruvians use Rocotos in this way and I figure freezing would be the best way to save the pods
21nkrw4.jpg

since she uses them in a sauce freezing will be fine. they just get a little mushy when you thaw them.

get looking pods by the way. enjoy.

Very nice. My rocoto plant hasn't set a single pod so I am going to live vicariously through your pics.

Josh said:
Very nice. My rocoto plant hasn't set a single pod so I am going to live vicariously through your pics.

Josh - are you pollinating them? If you have flowers, you should be getting pods.

bigt said:
Josh - are you pollinating them? If you have flowers, you should be getting pods.

I have plenty of flowers but nothing will set. Earlier in the season I tried hand pollinating but nothing took. Maybe now that the plant is a little larger and older I should try it again.

I never pollinated any of my Rocotos. I started them in November so that I had large plants by Spring. They wont produce pods very well this time of year because it is too hot. They prefer a cooler climate as they are from the Andes Mtns in South America. Last year I tried to grow them and failed because I started my seeds too late and they finally started making pods in October just in time for the first killing frost of the year.

Here are some Fatalii that I picked last night
sfxmxy.jpg

Back