spirits Pepper infused vodka

I put 4-5 naga morich cut lengthwise in a 5oz bottle of vodka about a year ago, and it's been sitting in my fridge ever since. The peppers are somewhat bleached out, the vodka has taken an orange hue, and when I open it up for the occasional whiff, it smells like fruity apples or pears...no harsh alcohol smell. I took some shots out of another bottle that had some cayenne peppers in it, and I had a serious burn in the throat for a few minutes and then a solid gut bomb after. If the lowly cayenne made the vodka that hot, I would have to be in a ballsy/foolish mood to try the naga vodka. Might work better as an additive to soups or stews...

Ok I tried my hab infused vodka last night. It was quite hot but bareable BUT maybe its just me but I got freaking drunk off the one shot and it was fairly instant. LOL.

I think my new name should be "Thread Killer." I seem to have a knack for it... ;) Maybe we can have a thread killer crown in addition to the throwdown crown?

my efforts .... and WOW

chillivodka.jpg

I left one habanero in 30cl of vodka for 3-4 days and then added one teespoon white sugar. Nice and warm.

ps. MickyP - nice watch you got there!

Thanks for the recap Potawie. I've been using that formula for years, and have never had a problem. The vodka come out HOT. Not only have you increased surface area inside the teabag, if you use dried peppers, you don't have to deal with the useless fluids within the pepper, like water.
I dropped 1/4 very lightly smoked(15 min)choc had, 1/2 same not smoked, and 1/2 yellow bhut in a bottle of Patron ,NO REAL "WARMING" but it was outside in a black FJ when it was 102.I went to pull the peppers 2 days later and my intended device proved incapable, taste test;)Pretty Hot already...they are still in there......

What I most enjoy infusing with Vodka is... ME :D
This also works well with rum or gin, but limits your intake unless your real hardcore with capcaicine

does anyone here know how to make pure capsiacum you take a pepper and boil it in alchohol for three days or until there is no more alchohol left tonly pepper oil is left the hotter the pepper the harsher the oil is

SilentEcho drinks pepper infused vodka for breakfast... He just cant get enough.

I've still never tried pepper liquor, and wont make my own till I get some good fresh pods (store bought orange hab vodka just sounds gross). This sounds like a great way to ensure most of a bottle of booze all to yourself at a party though :D

Back