• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
A package arrived at my doorstep from some Polak (His surname ended in a winter sport -Chebalowski - Hemalowski -  Kozłowski - or something like that.... After the fire department used a non-toxic fire suppression concoction because of the smoke from spontaneous ignition... I was able to salvage a few items and I especially can't wait to try some smokey smellin' stuff from GYP or GIP (Not sure as the ink smeared from the fire dept.......

tenor.gif

HA! I love it!!!! Great arrival story!!!!!

GIP = User- Guatemalen Insanity Pepper
The different powders are:
Smoked Serrano POW- GIP
Sweet Heat BBQ Rub- GIP
Smoked Cayenne- SuperHot Sim
Smoked Cappuccino Bonnet- MikeUSMC

The jar of Wasabi/Jalapeño from Chilicum was in my last years' membership package from Boss......so you know the source. And I got the Hornet Bomb from Pex.

Happy BOITHDAY and congrats!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
A package arrived at my doorstep from some Polak (His surname ended in a winter sport -Chebalowski - Hemalowski -  Kozłowski - or something like that.... After the fire department used a non-toxic fire suppression concoction because of the smoke from spontaneous ignition... I was able to salvage a few items and I especially can't wait to try some smokey smellin' stuff from GYP or GIP (Not sure as the ink smeared from the fire dept.......

tenor.gif
happy birthday again NECM. yeah i keep hearing about some smoked smelly stuff. been hearing about it for a while. hope it suffered no water damage.  :cheers:

So Boss accidentally sent me an opened bottle of sauce last time (sometimes tester's bottles get through. He noticed it in the pic I uploaded......I didn't). So he said he was sending me a replacement. I got it today. And a couple others. Expecting a small box, I found another of Boss' aforementioned "Clown-Car-In-An-Envelope".
The left bottle was the replacement.
98CiWjy.jpg

DNsPCFX.jpg

wnh3ubj.jpg

aN5vhe0.jpg

Holy moly, Boss!!! Thank you very, VERY much! Yum-a-rooni!!!

We really appreciate this! You have gone above and beyond!

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

PPATB!!!!!

i commented on a post in this thread and Adam/Bhuter picked up on me wanting to try GIP`s smoked serrano powder because everybody says it`s so good. not only did he send me the smoked serrano but he also sent a handful of other powders and salts. now i get try some other member`s goodies.  :dance:

thanks again Bhuter!   :cheers:

P P A T B   :party:

20200724_135033_resized.jpg

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
i commented on a post in this thread and Adam/Bhuter picked up on me wanting to try GIP`s smoked serrano powder because everybody says it`s so good. not only did he send me the smoked serrano but he also sent a handful of other powders and salts. now i get try some other member`s goodies.  :dance:

thanks again Bhuter!   :cheers:

P P A T B   :party:

attachicon.gif
20200724_135033_resized.jpg
Awesome! I'm glad they made it there.

They all are fantastic! Smokey as ever. MikeUSMC's bonnet flakes have a great smokiness! And Simmy's is smoked Cayenne.......milder. And from the UK. Boss' vial is nuclear. :Fire: not sure on the mix. What can I say about the confetti flakes........? The prettiest mix I've ever seen!!!!! Sweet heat BBQ tastes JUST LIKE the BBQ seasoning on BBQ potato chips. GIP and his wife do amazing kitchen work (blueberry confetti muffins from the Mrs. once). I can't recall the maker of the salts on the right-hand side.

Thank you Kevin!

Being not quite sure if the mailman had sauntered by yet, I strolled from the garden to the front porch, just to get shade.....figured I'd check the mail, too. I'm just standing there.......
I opened the box and this was in there (we have a bigger-than-most, mailbox. Lol).
eIucXe6.jpg

I recognized the last name as a very friendly, and creative Irishman.

Excited to perform an autopsy on this pillow, I ran upstairs and went to work.
Is that what I think it is....?
NcH02zn.jpg

No. It was a well-packaged gift from MikeUSMC!!!
After a few minutes of dissection, this priceless treasure was revealed. Included was a very legible letter (Zoom may be required. lol.)
WEBxg1Q.jpg

What can I say, Mike? This is so, extra-special to me. Great gifts like this don't happen very often.....sometimes not at all. A lot of thought and generosity revolves around every gift you create.

Thank you very much, bruddah.

PPATB!

In response to your hoping the bonnets grow true.....
Ydadq7x.jpg

They look good to me!

Thanks again, my friend!

...........then I saw the EROS............
Mike received this as one of his membership renewal sauces. I was excited to see such a sauce, and Mike remembered that!!!!

I can't thank you enough, Mike!

A better view of the bonnet shape........
QsauH29.jpg

Had 3 isolations that took in that bag I showed you, Mike. Then the "curl whenever I feel like it" hose, did so and toppled over onto this plant yesterday. It shoved the plant to the ground, breaking only the BAMBOO support stick.....the plant bounced back up.

Everything was fine until I noticed that THE ONLY thing broken on that plant was one of the isolated pods that just took. I looked at another one. It took, but it's just sitting there in stasis. Leaving ONE. But it's on there!

That EROS is nice... quote:

Dark red, very pungent (8/10)
Sauce full of aphrodisiacs - contains five spices that are considered aphrodisiacs. The aroma and taste are pleasantly dominated by cocoa with ginger and cinnamon in the background, bringing the atmosphere of Christmas so that the sharpness with cruel speed kicks back reality.
Suitable for red meat, chili con carne.
Recommendation: desserts (brownies)

Ingredients: chili (7Pod Brown, Habanero Chocolate), tomatoes, spices, aphrodisiacs, salt

The Hot Pepper said:
That EROS is nice... quote:

Dark red, very pungent (8/10)
Sauce full of aphrodisiacs - contains five spices that are considered aphrodisiacs. The aroma and taste are pleasantly dominated by cocoa with ginger and cinnamon in the background, bringing the atmosphere of Christmas so that the sharpness with cruel speed kicks back reality.
Suitable for red meat, chili con carne.
Recommendation: desserts (brownies)

Ingredients: chili (7Pod Brown, Habanero Chocolate), tomatoes, spices, aphrodisiacs, salt
The Hot Pepper said:
That's a google translate anyway lol.
Wow! EROS just keeps getting better and better!
Peanut butter cookie brownies sounds like a good recipient! ("Recipient/Recipe......Hmmmmmmm.......)

¡Muchas Gracias!

Salsa Lady and I arranged a barter and I received her sauces yesterday.

Holy Mole-Ski!!!!!!

That's a LARGE Pure Evil!!!!
1/4oz.?
1/2oz.?
This PE^^^ was a free gift from Ann!!!

I love her Steak Sauce bottles!

That Fatalii sauce is eye-catching!

BBQ may be worrisome (with Bhuts) Lol. For Tonie, anyway. I'm gonna love it!

Thank you very much for everything!!!!

Ace Ventura was apparently on duty that day:
U4i0DTH.jpg

Everything was intact, thanks to her packaging!!!
y783tCH.jpg

jX5WNvi.jpg

The 6.4mil PE is a standard-sized Pure Evil Bottle and just shown for size comparison. 1/8oz I believe. The free one is huge!!!!!

FRny6IR.jpg

Thank you very, VERY much, Ann!

PPATB!!!!!!

And thank you, Bhuter for the trade. We are enjoying the Pex Peppers sauces.

The 6.4 mil might be a 1/8 oz bottle. I used to package 2 1/8 oz bottles per order, then changed to one 1/4 oz bottle. The 1.5mil is a standard 1/2 oz bottle. I felt bad for the delay in getting the package out, put a little extra in for ya.

Let me know what you think of the fatalii ferment.

PPATB! :cheers:

No words.....
......can express our gratitude for your thoughtfulness, Paul! We both thank you very much!

Today, after a slow journey, we received a package from ShoreRider in Australia. This is a treasure trove!
Authentic Aussie coozie and 3 Australian Hot Sauces. One of which is a Chocolate Habanero sauce. Yum!
nRRCTF1.jpg

We both are interested in trying this:
DlLvh6Q.jpg

I am SUPER-FLIPPIN’-HAPPY that he sent me one of these:
NyQArGG.jpg

But this was the best part. He sent Tonie a Stuffed Aussie Koala that she affectionately named Paulie the Aussie Koalie. Then proceeded to say,
“Nobody ever sends me anything. He is sooooo cute! I love him so much!”
UPVIziN.jpg

Then I caught this later. Tonie, just doing phone stuff:
H81tevl.jpg

Thank you very much, Paul! We both love everything! Totally terrific!!!!!

PPATB!!!!!

You are both very welcome, mate. I'm glad that they finally got there and fully intact. I am humbled with the choice of name for your GF's new pal, hopefully he doesn't steal too many cuddles away from you  :lol: .

I hope you both enjoy all of the things I included, and please, use the Vegemite sparingly......... :rofl:

A big PPATB shout out to boutros who hit my lowcountry porch with a trove of midwestern offerings from Iowa!!!! I am humbled and have never had any of the stuff before. A rare treat indeed.  :cheers:

bout1.jpg

bout2.jpg

bout3.jpg

bout4.jpg

bout5.jpg

Absolutely -  Pepper People are the Best! My sincerest thanks for your generosity. I especially look forward to trying the "Steak De Burgo" sauce. Google had my mouth watering...  soon, very soon...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_de_Burgo 

Edit - my apology, almost left one out... oh man! 
boutlast.jpg

Back