• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

WarrantMan said:
A big PPATB shout out to boutros who hit my lowcountry porch with a trove of midwestern offerings from Iowa!!!! I am humbled and have never had any of the stuff before. A rare treat indeed.  :cheers:

Absolutely -  Pepper People are the Best! My sincerest thanks for your generosity. I especially look forward to trying the "Steak De Burgo" sauce. Google had my mouth watering...  soon, very soon...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_de_Burgo 
 ]
I’m glad it all made it in one piece man! And for the record, I appreciate all your help with my sons project! That was straight up unsolicited kindness and very appreciated bro. Thank you!

I wish I could send some of the tenderloin I got out of the last half of beef we bought off of the Amish here. It would be perfect. Also, Sean likes mushrooms on his DeBurgo.

Thank you Reggie!

Unsolicited seeds are a welcome surprise. I made a “ thinking out loud “ comment on a Stettoman thread and with in a week , Boom, I get a delivery from Mr. Harry Dangler , containing some new to me pepper seeds and new to me tomato seeds [emoji106][emoji16].
PPATB[emoji106][emoji16]
Tried to post a pic, but “ of course it’s “ 2020 so it effed up[emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
Unsolicited seeds are a welcome surprise. I made a “ thinking out loud “ comment on a Stettoman thread and with in a week , Boom, I get a delivery from Mr. Harry Dangler , containing some new to me pepper seeds and new to me tomato seeds [emoji106][emoji16].
PPATB[emoji106][emoji16]
Tried to post a pic, but “ of course it’s “ 2020 so it effed up[emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allow me, Bryan:

Look anything like this?
Harry_Dangler.jpg

Mine just came fresh out of the mailbox just now. Thanks Mike!!

!!PPATB!!

A short chat with our local mailman is always nice. He normally only comes with bills, and occasionally with something else... :) So far, he is also the only Spanish-speaking person I've met that says my name correctly without me having to tell him how to pronounce it!

I was anxiously waiting for a letter to arrive from Gringolandia. I had solicited galapagoense seeds from our famous CD. But I got much, much more   :shocked:

IMG_20201020_101022865.jpg

This I wasn't expecting, a big thank you to Señor Cane McPerro for a fantastic assortment of wonderful varieties. PPATB :!: :)

Also, considering the recent troubles, 22 days is an absolute record for US-MX mail to arrive!

Damned 'Dog bin busy at the post office this week, yeh?

I too met the mail, uh, lady today whilst prepping for snowstorm #2 this week, and she handed me a box with the 'Dogs retuen addy upon it.
(By the way, Dieter, I have yet to meet a Spanish-speaking Mexican who does NOT pronounce my name 'e-DEEK'... ;) )

Inside? Goody bags!!
CaneDog Bags&bags&bags&bags.jpg

He had heard of my lament at having no substitive harvest of Rocotos for my chokecherry endeavors and offered to help--
CaneDog Ecuador Sweet.jpg

CaneDog Roco Amarillo de Arequipa.jpg

CaneDog Puno Amarillo.jpg

CaneDog mix Rocoto.jpg

These are absolute BEAUTIES!! Thanks much CD!! We shall soon see how the varieties differ. I have many gallon bags of berries in the freezers, they have been waiting...

PPATEFFINB!!!

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

Got a double whammy today.

3D85C134-33BC-4E7E-8DC3-EB3DE726FF8C.jpeg

The pods from GIPs auction came in from HarryDangler and they are outstanding as usual. The phenotypes on these pockmark orange, Starscream, and White Hot Lime are on point. And theres another Defko in there to light me up again... thanks for that haha.

Also, Tybo was kind enough to send me a small seed bonanza. I wasnt expecting this many goodies. Im going to have to dig up something good to return the generosity.

Thank you both for an outstanding start to the weekend. PPATB

Received some seeds this week that will go into the 2021 grow plan.
  • From PtMD989 - Padron and Red Habanero - Original seeds were from Spain!!!!
  • From Rawkstah - GIP - Sugar Rush Cream
PPATB!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• PtMD989.jpg
    PtMD989.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 78
  • SRC_GIP.JPG
    SRC_GIP.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 78
Hey folks, Hogleg's generous contribution to the GIP Family Fundraiser is now resting comfortably on my kitchen counter, waiting for....

MES'CAN NIGHT!!
Hogleg LDHS for GIP.jpg

Y'all come on up for dinner!! I got a heat for everyone...

And I just bet you can still pm our good friend ;) Shoe-Rider ;)  (ya gotta hope that doesn't stick, eh?), who'd be happy to hear from any and all if you have a gift you'd like to make for GIP's bride in her time of difficulty.

Thanks Hogleg, for the great box'o'sauce!!

PPATEFFINB!!!

This is a shout out to John aka Edaxflamma.  I sent him a couple seeds that he was looking for and in return I got a package in the mail today with 14 different varieties of seeds! You cant see all of them in this pic but they're there. 
Thank you very much John.
IMG_2728.jpeg

Like the saying goes:
Pepper People are the Best!

Let's play a game :D I post some images and you guess who sent me the package.

IMG_20201204_133446096.jpg

IMG_20201204_133537812.jpg

IMG_20201204_133643294.jpg

IMG_20201204_133902980.jpg

Yup, Reggie aka WarrantMan! An assortment of hot sauce, Carolina Reaper salt, T-shirt, police tape, a drawing that's now on the fridge, police uniform patch :D

Much could be told of this package's voyage, but I'll stick to the short version: the US mail stamp tells me it entered the postal system in SC state on 07/07 (2020 :D ), and I recollected it in Chiapas (MX) on December 3. An exercise in patience...

It was difficult to choose which bottle to open first, but Fate put her finger on Aggravated Assault. It's a vinegar-based sauce with (in my opinion) a very good equilibrated taste profile. Everything is there in well measured proportions. The police theme is just splendid, even if you don't know anything about Reggie's background at all. Especially those little handcuffs...

IMG_20201206_151110784.jpg

My wife confiscated the police tape to decorate the entrance door of her office... 4-h0le deterrent. Like me, she was very happy with the arrival of the sauces, so perhaps I should hide them a bit better...

Reggie, man, thanks a lot for the package, and for the patience! PPABT

WarrantMan said:
I too got "served" by Skullbiker!   Rocoto Montufar jelly. Totally unexpected but immensely appreciated! 
jel1.jpg
jel2.jpg
jel3.jpg

look at that goodness in the light.  Man this is gonna be awesome!

jel4.jpg

Thanks Skullbiker, it will not last long here! 

PPATB!!   :cheers:

I also ended up with a care package from sb in my mail, I was meaning to post here but haven't made it

Back