• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

Sounds like when I went to my favorite mexican restaurant the last time. Got to talking to my favorite server José about spicy food and told him about the peppers I was growing and he was impressed to hear about kinds he didn't know about. He gave me some salsa he made with ghost peppers and some others that he grew himself. It was very hot. I told all of them I was gonna bring them peppers. But I don't think they realize that I'm planning on bringing a wine box with each slot full of different kinds. I can't wait

cruzzfish said:
Nice. Where did this happen, I wanna know if I'm ever gonna be in the area.
At a place named Kafeteria (kind of lame, but it's to the point) in downtown Cleveland, OH. I believe they're only open for breakfast and lunch. Likely not open on the weekends.

Pepperjack91 said:
Sounds like when I went to my favorite mexican restaurant the last time. Got to talking to my favorite server José about spicy food and told him about the peppers I was growing and he was impressed to hear about kinds he didn't know about. He gave me some salsa he made with ghost peppers and some others that he grew himself. It was very hot. I told all of them I was gonna bring them peppers. But I don't think they realize that I'm planning on bringing a wine box with each slot full of different kinds. I can't wait
Cool! I find the best part of peppers is sharing them - not only do people get to try types they likely wouldn't have had a chance to try otherwise, but it is just plain fun to see the looks on their faces when they realize what they just put in their mouths - LOL.

I've given a number of pods to my swim coach. He was giving a coaching session to someone else at the pool tonight, but the three of us chatted for just a moment and I told him about today's lunch. He turned to the other person and told her that I grow peppers that can disintegrate cement. Ha!

Whenever I'm asked how hot I want it I always tell them as hot as you can make it. Rarely do I ever get things hot enough.

Rymerpt

I finally went back to get sushi again. The first guy, dead-serious look on his face, asked "I really want to know - what do you use those for? I mean, anything other than scalding the skin off your face?" LOL But they both keep using them. They started with moruga scorpion and then went to fatalii and douglah, and haven't finished yet. Both are astounded with the flavor variety, as they had no idea chiles have such a huge flavor range. Good times, good stuff!

Not the usual care package type post here...but I wanted to thank a new member who took the time to track me down. My image was stolen and used by an ebay vendor...he had one stolen by the same guy. Anyway, nwchilifarm not only found the image on here...but he started an account to let me know!!! Thank you and welcome to THP nwchilifarm!

Here is my vendor vault post on the subject:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45710-ebay-seller-stole-my-photo/

send nwchilifarm a hello and welcome aboard everyone! 

Thanks for the mustard Bill....AKA....Rocketman. 

20140320_194027.jpg

LOL Defcon!

Looks like we have a convert to the hot side.... I stopped by the sushi station again today, just to say "hi" and see if the two guys were still using the pods I gave them. First guy "oh yeah, I made a pot of chile with some the other day - that was HOT chile!" Second guy "actually, I've been using a little every day. Even sprinkled some on an ice cream float yesterday. I keep experimenting to see what goes best with which types of foods." First guy gets a puzzled look on his face "every day???" Second guy "oh yeah, it's amazing how versatile they are."

Looks like I need to bring in another care package. Can't wait to see the reaction when I can bring in some fresh pods!

Back