• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

Received seed packs from Denniz and Rich yesterday :)

Thank you guys!

1JOvdP9l.jpg

Slizarus said:
I can tell I need to send Jamie some stuff come harvest time, he seems to be the person to return the generosity in spades.

Hehe, beautiful pods. People are so nice on the forum :)
I consider myself a very generous person, I give away peppers and sauces and maters and powders and squash, half the fun of growing a garden is sharing w/ friends and family, but even I feel a little scrooge like when I think of Jamie, he probably gives away over half of what he grows, that's pepper love people, just can't say enough good things about that guy, I mean I could stop, but there'd be more to say, I give a lot away, but definitely not as much as him. Of course his Chile habit is not quite as bad as mine ( tapping the veins at the top of the fore arm) thanks again for helping all of us out here with many months w\ o fresh hot peppers James, you're one of the good ones!

A belated but well-deserved thanks to AaronTT who put up with my completely unjustified tardiness to meet and exchange seedlings, seeds and pods.  He gave me seeds for: Goats Weed, Alma Paprika and Yatsufusa along with several Peach Bhut pods and a Brown Bhut pod that is really interesting looking (and damned hot).  A good guy all around.

I was reading through these and maybe these two have been mentioned but worth mentioning again Chris Phillips (cmpman1974) and Ajijoe both are very generous about spreading seeds around so that all of us get to grow 7pot chaguanas, cumari du para, peach
Habolokia, chocolate hand grenades, et. al.just wanted to make sure these guys weren't forgotten, if it weren't for these two, I would not have grown around 600 plants of around 200 varieties over the last 4 seasons, many of those varieties were received SASBE from one or the other of them! Thanks guys for all you do! And a special thanks to Chris for his excellent pictures!

Gary ( windchicken ) is one of those beyond generous chili-heads . He would give you the shirt off his back if you ask'd him . Sent me some super tasty highly rare yellow nagabrains via himself and his com padre bayou Bob. Great tasting pepper that we plan on stabilizing in the next 5 or so years :) Thank you guys 

photo_zps66c0fa6b.jpg

photo_zps644d33fd.jpg

buddy out did himself.

ive had a terrible past couple days and man o man what a uplifting you have given me.

taco sauce and candied jalapenos at my door step.

this taco sauce is so good best thing you could even think about putting on tacos.  and candied jalopenos my personal favorite treat of all time.

the kicker is terry wants to torture me and has me waiting until august 19th to open the jalos.

its going to be hard so ive already put them up under the bed 'out of site out of mind" so there will be no temptations.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

thank you very much :dance:

PrimeTime said:
So I wanted to say thanks to a new member. A few days ago Wicked Mike posted that he was looking for a few pepper seeds and was willing to trade. He has some nice stuff to do so. I don't need any seeds at the moment but I let him know Id help him out with a few he was looking for if he sent me a sasbe. 

So I'm just waiting for his sasbe....

Today I come home from work to find a mystery box. Boils down to not only did I get his sasbe but it came with a ton of homegrown fresh passion fruit!!!

Thanks Mike!! Very awesome of you. Seeds are coming (and a few bucks to help with the shipping of your gift)

Awesome seeds, from an awesome guy! Thanks so much!

sicman said:
buddy out did himself.

ive had a terrible past couple days and man o man what a uplifting you have given me.

taco sauce and candied jalapenos at my door step.

this taco sauce is so good best thing you could even think about putting on tacos.  and candied jalopenos my personal favorite treat of all time.

the kicker is terry wants to torture me and has me waiting until august 19th to open the jalos.

its going to be hard so ive already put them up under the bed 'out of site out of mind" so there will be no temptations.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

thank you very much :dance:
Let me know how you like them . . . sometime after August 19th :dance:

Man, I am gonna want to be making me some powder here soon!  Problem is I havent gotten any fruit yet and growing season will be ending here soon!  Or can we grow year round in Florida?

Holy moly, Buzz - that's going to be some  :hell: vinegar in the coming weeks as the cap is drawn out of the pods!

I have a feeling this will be used quite sparingly. I really want to make some with tabascos, but they aren't ripe yet. It packed quite a punch just an hour or so after mixing it. 

And I did harvest seeds before I put this bottle together. My hands burned well into today.

Back