• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

pepperproblem's 2013 grow log.

OK, I hope this is intresting to someone. My 1st attempt to share a season. I have not got the whole list done and I have just starting sowing this week. I have layed out about 300 seeds so far. Maybe another 300 today. At 4-5 days into it, I have a good number of sprouts. 3 types of wilds, some C. chinense, a Rocoto or two, and something else. I will get some pics together to show the grow spaces etc in the next day or so.

Capsicum galapagoense
gal2_zpsa044f8b8.jpg

Getting the 1st batch ready.
sowing1_zps3b868eb1.jpg

Part of last years patch not quite half way thru the year.
test7093_zps16795c37.jpg

I had paths, but everthing overgrew. Hopefully better planning this year.
flowers010_zps6bc97e0b.jpg

Rocotos
test17024_zpsa3dc7528.jpg

Pics from 2012
7pody006_zpsf82db331.jpg

dug2_zpsf6dc2b9a.jpg

browns003_zpscd51f1a5.jpg

One of my contest giveaways. More coming, I hope.
test33a057_zpsc8c334a6.jpg

You get the idea. Its a problem I have. lol
test33a021_zpsd7ff185f.jpg

I hope to start the experiments today. I have started to give a few trays filtered morning light for a hour. I plan to start transfering them to a small green house in a week or two. Starting to see many posts from new growers on slow growth rates. True, they are painfully slow in the beginning so not too much to show.
The last to sprout in the 1st germ trays.
sprouts60211_zps2e1bde6e.jpg

True leaves starting, Pitanga Amarella
sprouts60161_zpsf458d2e9.jpg

Missing a lot at the moment. Yes, I did miss it. Thank you.
Gotta look closer.
Working on it, so I will post results. Howz it going?????

Started some experiments with root stimulators, CO2 pads, etc
Started harding off seedlings in racks covered with shade cloth. I still avoid the mid day Sun. Need the space. lol
sbsprouts0011_zpsdab1002c.jpg

Hairy little Rhoms.
sbsprouts0211_zps2a375cb9.jpg

I tend to drop a few extra seeds in each hole with the wilds and Rocotos. Sometimes they all come up. I do not think I have the heart to cull any of them.
sbsprouts0231_zps381b93bf.jpg

Thanks for checking

Man what I wouldn't do to have a display like that in my produce department. You have, what we refer to in the produce industry as- great hands. That display must've taken quite some time to set up. Nice job.

I can't bring myself to cull either. I end up separating and keeping all my seedlings then finding homes for whatever I can't use. I did end up tossing two bishops crowns the other day, now the one I kept looks like it may die. Serves me right I guess.

Love your wilds. I have a few going this year and have already collected a few more for next year. I gotta get a rhomboid though. Those things look awesome with their round leaves.

Good luck with you grow this year!

Thanks Dshlogg. I will look and see if I have any Rhoms. left. I think I planted most of them, but I will check. Funny, I think I sorta dump the picking boxes on the table. Lucky, I guess. Hope you have a good year. How many places are you growing in this year? pp

I've got my two spots ready to go. Here at the condo I have a small bed that will hold 20 or so plants. I'll probably have a few in pots somewhere in our small yard for crossing. My other garden is a few miles away. It's 2400 square feet. I was planning on 198 peppers there but it will probably be more. We shall see. I just hope it warms up soon. Cmon spring where you at?

You have such a great variety growing. Have you grown the Tovarii before or tasted it? Or the [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Pitanga Amarella? If so, how is the taste/heat? Your pics are gorgeous BTW. Thanks for the share[/background]

I've got my two spots ready to go. Here at the condo I have a small bed that will hold 20 or so plants. I'll probably have a few in pots somewhere in our small yard for crossing. My other garden is a few miles away. It's 2400 square feet. I was planning on 198 peppers there but it will probably be more. We shall see. I just hope it warms up soon. Cmon spring where you at?
You will busy. Have you had bad weather?
You have such a great variety growing. Have you grown the Tovarii before or tasted it? Or the [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Pintaga Amarellas? If so, how is the taste/heat? Your pics are gorgeous BTW. Thanks for the share[/background]
No, I have not grown these two before. I have about 4 Tovariis and maybe two Pintaga Amarelas going. I find many peppers with the pod shape of the PA to be at least, above average tasting. Just trying some things that are a bit off the radar to see if I am missing something tasty. I may have a few seeds left, if you want to try it.
The heat is in the 15,000-30,000 range.

Lent out my camera cord, so no new pics.I did transplant about 150 seedlings today. This is the 2 part list of whats come up so far. Pt 1 is old, but pt 2 is new. Getting close to the last ones? I think.....Peace

Butch XX-- from Butch
Ice Scream
Rocoto Inca
Infinity X Black Naga #2
Trinidad Scorp. Chocolate, New Strain
Bolivian Enormous Rocoto
Turbo Pube
Primo Yellow
Infinity X Black Naga #1
Bih Jolokia Light Green
Primo, from Primo's mother plant.
Fatalii Cream
Bubblegum 7 Pod
Big Naga Momma Yellow
Mako Akokosrade
Majah Black Moruga X Bhut
Rocoto San Isidro
Rocoto Pisac
Hab/Manzano X (?)
Pimenta da Neyde
Moruga Blend (multi sourced)
7 Pod White
Orange Bhut
Primo Orange
Faria
Mata Frade
Brown Egg
Green Habanero
Yellow Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Foodarama Scotch Bonnet
7 Pod Brain Strain
Yellow 7 Pod X Yellow Scorp.
Infinity
Moruga Yellow
Mako Kokoo
c. microcarpum
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Kpakpo Shito
Peach Scorp.
Pitanga Amarela
Trinidad Scorp. Yellow
Brain Strain Yellow
Jamaican Long Scotch Bonnet
Rocoto Brown
c. galapagoense
c. rhomboideum
V.Viper
Butch T Miss.
Reaper
Hawaii Beach Pepper
Jays Ghost Red
Guadalupe Black
T.Scorp. Green
Yaki Hybrid
Trepaderia Werner
Yellow Douglah
Phiringa Jolokia
Maya x Bhut Carbon
Bhut x Scorp.x Jalapeno
Ceiro Recife
Naranja Picante
CGN 21500
Choc. Senegal
T.S. Moruga Yellow
Yellow T.S. S.R.
Infinity
7 Pod S.R.
7 Pod Burgundy
T.S. Yellow
Choc. Bhut
Peach Bhut
Red Scotch Bonnet
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Choc. Moruga HIXS
T.S. Moruga Yellow
Buzz
Zanahoria Triangulo
Cajamarca
T.C. Choc. Congo
Purple Bhut
Hand Grenade #1
Hand Grenade #2
7 Pod Orange/Yellow
Madame Jeanette
7 Pod SR x Douglah
Scotch Bonnet Choc.
Pimenta Moranga
Rain Forest
Turks Cap
El Oro de Equador
Aji Pinga de Perro
Aji Dulce
Aji Chombo
Pimenta Rosa do Acres
Pimenta di Senise
Ancient Sweet
Crvena Fererona
Yellow Thai
Devils Tongue White
T. Congo Red
Lanceolatum
Cardenasii
Rocoto Rio Hualaga Orange
Rocoto San Isidro
Rocoto Bolivian Enormous
Bhut Orange Co.
Rennie
African Gambia
Yellow 7 Pod x Y. Scorp.
Yaki

Pt 2

Tovarii
Cap 1141
Papa Joes Scotch Bonnet
Aji Oemba
Aji Jovita
Piazino
Naga Morich Jukka
7 Pod Long Savannah
7 Pod Brown
Peruvian Serrano
Bishops Hat
Bhut Carbon
Red Congo x
7 Pod Lg
7 Pod Barrackpore
7 Pod Chang.
Black Stinger
Black Naga
Safi
Fatalii
Naga Morich
Yellow Cardi TS
Cumari de Para
Queen Laurie x y. Bhut
Fatalii x Y. Bhut
7 Pod Y x Fatalii
Brown Egg
Y. Bhut x 7 Pod Primo
Sprouts SB shape
Sprouts Turks Cap shape
Douglah Red
Douglah Brown
Douglah Yellow
Queen Laurie
Scotch Bonnet TFM
Aji Colorado
Aji Yellow
BT x Y. Scorp Lg.
7 Pod Orange x Lg
7 Pod Brown x Red
Sepia Serpent
Mustard Hab.
Madballz
BT AJ
Kitchenpepper Peach
Most Prolific
BGH 460
Red Stinger
Datil
Birgits Locoto
Brazilian Starfish
Cumari Pollux
Big Naga Momma Red
Ultra Pube

Damn! You have mad selection. Looking foward to seeing some of those pod up. Hope the best in this years grow!
Big naga momma red/yellow? Can you elaborate?

Damn! You have mad selection. Looking foward to seeing some of those pod up. Hope the best in this years grow!
Big naga momma red/yellow? Can you elaborate?
Big Mommas were given to me by Primo. He likes them a lot. I really have no idea what the story is. He told me some time ago, I will go back and check.my notes. Thanks for the nice comment. Hope you too have a good year.

Back