• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

pepperproblem's 2013 grow log.

OK, I hope this is intresting to someone. My 1st attempt to share a season. I have not got the whole list done and I have just starting sowing this week. I have layed out about 300 seeds so far. Maybe another 300 today. At 4-5 days into it, I have a good number of sprouts. 3 types of wilds, some C. chinense, a Rocoto or two, and something else. I will get some pics together to show the grow spaces etc in the next day or so.

Capsicum galapagoense
gal2_zpsa044f8b8.jpg

Getting the 1st batch ready.
sowing1_zps3b868eb1.jpg

Part of last years patch not quite half way thru the year.
test7093_zps16795c37.jpg

I had paths, but everthing overgrew. Hopefully better planning this year.
flowers010_zps6bc97e0b.jpg

Rocotos
test17024_zpsa3dc7528.jpg

Pics from 2012
7pody006_zpsf82db331.jpg

dug2_zpsf6dc2b9a.jpg

browns003_zpscd51f1a5.jpg

One of my contest giveaways. More coming, I hope.
test33a057_zpsc8c334a6.jpg

You get the idea. Its a problem I have. lol
test33a021_zpsd7ff185f.jpg

Pubes,macro,freaks,purple chile plants, perfect world to me! Those white pods look like Angkor Sunrise,or something similar. Looks like a frutescen.In the bottom pic,is that TS green? If so,did they have three cots and leaf sets of three?

Pubes,macro,freaks,purple chile plants, perfect world to me! Those white pods look like Angkor Sunrise,or something similar. Looks like a frutescen.In the bottom pic,is that TS green? If so,did they have three cots and leaf sets of three?
Man nothing gets past you. I would say Angkor Sunrise would be a good guess since it could have moved easliy from Cambodia. He is growing some super hots for the locals. That should mess them up.TS Green, I think are normal. The pic might show 3 plants. I have to check. I have a few growing here and there.

I have about 7 galapagoense plants. This is the youngest one and the only one inddors.
may10 023uuy.jpg

My last germ tray has the Fatalii Jigsaw and some other things I threw in. I tossed a number of Wild Brazil seeds in to see if I could get some to up fast.I guess they did.
dddsss.jpg

Madame Jeanette
may10 042hgg.jpg

Israeli Sweet
may10 047uhg.jpg

Looking great,I love seeing early branching like that!. What do you think about the smell on those young wilds? How are the CAP 1530 coming along?

Looking great,I love seeing early branching like that!. What do you think about the smell on those young wilds? How are the CAP 1530 coming along?
The cap 1530s are doing well. The Pubes and wilds like the cool/moderate temps. I just ran out in the fog and took this. Not a good shot, but the little guys are just starting to spread out. I have not stuck my face in them yet, except for the galap. Nice.
cap 1530 003g.jpg

Nice,mine is an awkward gangly mess,very dark leaves also. The galapa is pretty sturdy but a lot of the others are very flimsy and branching everywhere. That San Isidro will flower a lot,and early. I am curious to see how you are going to find space for all this stuff. This will be a legendary glog by September.

You have some great Macro shots there bro. And wow what a harvest last season!! Loving the grow list. What kind of Camera set up are you using there?

Trippa said:
You have some great Macro shots there bro. And wow what a harvest last season!! Loving the grow list. What kind of Camera set up are you using there?
It is not really a great set up,but its good for the money. Nikon Coolpix S8200. Around 200 on sale. I would use a tripod if I had one. The focal points on it always causes issues, so you have to figure how to work around it. If the lighting is right, etc, etc, you can get lucky once in a while. It took many shots and toying around with it to see some results. Hows the Goldie doing?

Pr0digal_son said:
Nice,mine is an awkward gangly mess,very dark leaves also. The galapa is pretty sturdy but a lot of the others are very flimsy and branching everywhere. That San Isidro will flower a lot,and early. I am curious to see how you are going to find space for all this stuff. This will be a legendary glog by September.
I am curious too.

Wow wow. Wow. I have one OW (TFM scotch bonnet) where I have more pods than leaves :). Glad to see your OW are waking up. Mine aren't soon anything.

Good work on the Germing. I love rapid starts!! Make my roots go crazy !!! Good luck with the rest if the season

Back