• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peppers going missing???

What would eat green peppers? I have two Hungarian hot wax plants. The peppers get about 2-3 inches long then disappear. No leaf damage. Pants are in the backyard so no one else has access to them. The pepper stem is still there. Just no peppers. Any ideas?

I do have some sort of squirrel/gopher not sure. Every morning there are small holes dug around the yard. Something is eating my tomatoes too, but I think those are birds. I need to find my reflective ribbon. The reflective ribbon was great at keeping Birds away.

Squirrels steal my peppers. Those darn rascals!!

squdrinkpl3.gif

I had something chowing down on my Indian Jwala peppers 2 years ago. But it was only the ripe ones, not green.

Maybe a cheap camera would be the best start?  By the time you finish fiddling around trying every possible scenario, your growing season will be over...

I dunno...  I'm a sucker for a proper fix, rather than hasty action in the name of...

ajdrew said:
You all need to fire your dogs.
My dog would work, but she's on the injured list. Need knee surgery tplo. Breaking the bank on this one. So she's confined indoors for now.

Might put them on a table, but that will subject them to strong winds.

I prefer letting my tomatoes ripen on the plant, but started picking them early before whatever is eating them.

This is why you plant the superhots near the fenceline...that way when someone decides to "partake" they get a wonderfully full flavored heat experience and I'm guessing that they don't do that again :rofl:

Wait...er...uh...I mean aren't superhots rodent repellant :P

Jacobt said:
My dog would work, but she's on the injured list. Need knee surgery tplo. Breaking the bank on this one. So she's confined indoors for now.

I am sorry.  Men and dogs should never have to go threw that.

Back