• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

dash 2 said:

My wife says "Nice Ewok!".

LOL... based on the pic, or did she recognize the name?   :)

Here's another from this evening

DSC04221-Copy_zpsfa3a4ad3.jpg

Edit: restore link

LOL.. nice.. and thanks :)

When we were looking at them, we thought the same thing, so we looked up female ewok names, and one of the female names was Princess Kneesaa (apparently there was an animated series I had never heard about...LOL). 

My wife has already given her a number of nicknames.  The most extravagant of which is: Her Royal Highness, Princess Prissypants Poofactory of Piddlesworth...  a name that has been well earned this far  :)

Not sure why, but I'm not seeing PapaBill's images. 

Anyway- Here's our newest family member! Popoki -  We picked her up in Winthrop from a classmate of 'Kids.  They have a mini-farm.  Sounds like 3 other classmates will have kitties from this litter also. 

This little girl was a little freaked out when the car first started moving, so I held her up on my chest so she could see out.  Worked for her.  She relaxed and watched out the van windows for a bit and then hopped down and went under the drivers seat for the rest of the trip home.  When we stopped at the corner store near home, I fished her out from under the seat and she started snuggling and purring!  YAY!

We did the introduction to Gabs the dog.  It went well.  Gabs has had cats around since he was a pup and is very accommodating.  After about 15 minutes, Gabs wanted to go outside.....not concerned about the cat~~~

Half an hour after being in the house, Popoki was on the couch, snuggling up to the Kid and now has been sleeping on the Kid's lap for about 45 minutes.

124_6988.JPG

124_6990.JPG

124_6991.JPG

124_6993.JPG

She's going to fit into our family Just Fine! 

yep!  She's a cool cat in the first 4 hours that we've known her.  She's in bed with the 'Kid....(refraining from questionable jokes here!!!!....:rofl:    ....) 

She traveled well on the trip home and we have a couple trips to do in the next few months.  If we have to take the dog, now we have to take the dog and the cat..... 

salsalady said:
Not sure why, but I'm not seeing PapaBill's images. 

Bah!  Glad you said something.  I had everything just in the main bucket, so I moved some things into albums to organize them a bit, thinking it would maintain the same url to the pic, but noooooo...  lol

I think I have repointed the links to the correct pics. :)

PapaBill's pictures are back~  Cute furball.

Popoki slept with the Kid last night, up for about 45 minutes this morning, now she's sleeping in the Dude's lap.  :lol:  What a life!

Check out the size of this dust bunny I found under the bed! Oh, wait… That's my cat, Dammit. (Her name is Dammit.) She has always liked laying / sleeping upside-down. Which is cute, but it makes it hard to tell which end is which sometimes. I saw her laying like this and did a double take and had to grab the camera.
IMG_0172_zps4b8ad3dc.jpg

In my world, dogs are so much better than cats.  I definitely enjoy having both around, since I am an equal opportunity animal lover.  But I very much prefer the stronger bond that you develop with your dogs.  They're just so much more interactive than their feline counterparts.

Our new kitty is pretty entertaining.  Today, she was "fighting" with a fuzzy cushion right next to their completely full good sized water bowl (it's a 1 gallon revereware sauce pan about 10" dia and 4" deep)  and she flopper herself right into the drink!  Total SPLASH!   She lit off down the hall like a streak of lightening.  Made a huge mess with about a quart of water that got splashed out onto the floor, but dayum!  that was funny!

I did go dry off Poki with a towel and get her all sorted out.  It's all good, she's drinking from the bowl.

By "they" I mean the 80 pound yellow lab and the 2 pound kitty.   

I know this is for pictures but Imma ask anyway, does anyone make home made dog food?  I started about a month ago, and my dogs are way more energetic and their teeth and coats look great. I'm looking for ratios and what supplements to give my pups.  Currently I make batches of 3 lbs ground beef, 2.5 lbs veggies, and 1lb brown rice. Mix in some ground flax seed, and in the AM they also get a whole shell on egg, any egg shells from my breakfast, and some greek yogurt.  Sometimes blueberries or other things around the house that I can't eat before they turn. Right now I supplement the food with "The Missing Link-Hip, Joint, and Coat", but I'm thinking to switch to more of a multivitamin.  

H3AD8Hs.jpg

that's breakfast one morning.

Rawkstah said:
I know this is for pictures but Imma ask anyway, does anyone make home made dog food?  I started about a month ago, and my dogs are way more energetic and their teeth and coats look great. I'm looking for ratios and what supplements to give my pups.  Currently I make batches of 3 lbs ground beef, 2.5 lbs veggies, and 1lb brown rice. Mix in some ground flax seed, and in the AM they also get a whole shell on egg, any egg shells from my breakfast, and some greek yogurt.  Sometimes blueberries or other things around the house that I can't eat before they turn. Right now I supplement the food with "The Missing Link-Hip, Joint, and Coat", but I'm thinking to switch to more of a multivitamin.  

H3AD8Hs.jpg

that's breakfast one morning.

Poor guys, where's the meat?

BTW, it seems tasty and you made me hungry...

A hug!

Back