• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Petrol/gasoline prices

I want to know why we don't just cap oil prices, the oil industry has some of the most wasteful practices and no one forces them to be responsible.

Seriously everyone is all fired up about economic situation and no one seems to see the relationship between when all this happened and when gas prices began to rise.

Hey, Adam Smith's "invisible hand" is at work, regardless of where the oil comes from. If the "invisible hand" leads everyone off of a cliff like lemmings, then so be it. This is the system the West crowed and gloated about, how superior it is, how puppy-smoochingly wonderful it is, how omniscient and ominpotent the "invisible hand" is. Why, no, the "invisible hand" couldn't possibly be wrong or make a mistake! Why, tis blasphemy to even suggest such a thing! "Let the market fix it, let the market work, blah blah blah." Well, Adam Smith's "invisible hand" is flipping everyone a big middle finger. LOL! But, hey, everyone wanted this. Everyone wanted these "market-based economies". Well, ya got it!

That seals it! I'm going Amish!!!

Pimp My Ride - Amish Edition

71bef4b6-24cb-4347-91db-17f28d24ea12.jpg

Back