• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics pics of chili pests and problems

HELP NEEDED

The following are some pics of 'nematodes/flies' that were found plenty in the soil I grow my chili plants.

Then, pic of chili with curly top leaves. Is it a viral attack or lack of some nutrients?

Does whiteflies's attack cause the leaves to curl down boat-shaped as in the pics?
RIMG0688.JPG
RIMG0649.JPG
RIMG0647.JPG
RIMG0642.JPG
RIMG0619.JPG
RIMG0615.JPG

To post pictures, you'll need to set up an account with a photo host like photobucket or one of the ones mentioned above. Load your photos there, and cut and paste their image code into your post here.

Try googling on fungus gnats if you're seeing small flies in the soil. Most nematodes would be too small to see with the naked eye. Fungus gnats won't hurt your plants, though.

For leaf curl, check the under the leaves very carefully for other bugs, particularly aphids. What kind of potting soil are you using, and what, if any fertilizer? Give us a little info, and we can probably figure this out.

what Pam said...I use Imageshack

klyth said:
That's funny, I had to hold back from posting this, but now I have to:
I hate macs :)

*snicker*

I am *so* sending that to all the Mac disciples I know. Thanks!

chudak said:
LOL, Ubuntu FTW!!

I'm down with Linux. Played with Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, FreeBSD, Dragonfly... Don't use it anymore at all, cause I can't game on it without jumping through hoops... But I'm a big fan of all flavors of Linux...

klyth said:
That's funny, I had to hold back from posting this, but now I have to:
I hate macs :)
I use PCs because I have to, but I love using MACs.
klyth said:
I'm down with Linux. Played with Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, FreeBSD, Dragonfly... Don't use it anymore at all, cause I can't game on it without jumping through hoops... But I'm a big fan of all flavors of Linux...
Yeah, we're using Fedora on our servers. very stable and flexible.
GrumpyBear said:
have you guys seen the macheads trailer?
it's awesome, you keep asking yourself 'is this a joke?' but it's not a joke...
:shocked:

GrumpyBear said:
have you guys seen the macheads trailer?
it's awesome, you keep asking yourself 'is this a joke?' but it's not a joke...

I...I

*looks down*

*shuffles feet*

I had sex with a Mac user. And Linux user. And a PC user.

And...*blushes* they were the same guy.

Well, look, he complied his kernel, right there, in front of me! What's a geek groupie to do?

Hi there .... yes I am REALLY NEW in posting into forums, etc. I will look into the photo upload service. Do be patient with me, yes I need help...my sick mum need my help so I spend little time at m computer.

Also, am making a trip to singapore this weekend.....

I THINK all of you are great, fun, knowledgeable .... folks with a BIG HEART - here's praising and apprecating you from ASIA.

5101, Welcome to THP from Ohio...This is a great site made up of great people. They, uhmm, we tend to sometimes get off track. Try the sites that was already listed or also check out www.photobucket.com, its free also. That is what I use and it is real easy to use.

Back