• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plant Hormones, Rocks, and Hard Places

imaguitargod said:
hehe, ya, you probably are all researched out from the auxin searches. I read up on soy around 3 years ago so I don't have all the links at my disposal but here are a quick few:

Darkside of Soy (mothering Mag)

Jeff Rense Archive

Ok, but, what about reputable sources?

Ironically, one of the articles that came up on your google link lead to an article by The Vegetarian Resource Group that cited the studies and journals it was quoting.

http://www.vrg.org/journal/vj2003issue3/vj2003issue3hotline.htm#r8

"QUESTION: "What's going on with soy? First I heard that eating soy would help with hot flashes and would be good for my heart, now I've heard that eating soy is dangerous. What should I believe?"

ANSWER: You're right to be confused. New results of scientific studies showing the benefits of soy products appear almost daily. Possible reasons to use soy products are to fight heart disease,1-4 promote stronger bones,5-7 reduce risk of some kinds of cancer,8-10 and to lose weight.11 However, a number of websites and brochures have appeared saying that soy isn't good for people at all. Reasons for avoiding soy are often loosely based on scientific studies, but a lot of times, the results have been twisted quite a bit to make the case that soy is harmful. In reality, soy is neither the cure for all of the chronic diseases that plague an affluent society, nor is it a food that should be avoided. Soy foods can certainly add variety to a vegetarian diet, and they do offer some health benefits, but they should be a part of the diet— not the foundation for it"

That's just the first paragraph, you ought to read it.

habman said:
Wow I almost fell off my chair reading this.
My sincere apologies Pam.
I meant no harm; I was only trying to lighten up the thread with some humor.
Sorry.

I'm sorry that I misunderstood you, and accept your apology.

ok, now thats over with...anyone want to translate for this semi-literate southern alabama boy?

Pepp3rFreak said:
Ok, I have to ask and I'm serious, is it the Soy milk or THC intake that gave me my huge man boobs? I'll give up neither, well maybe the Soy, but I thought with all the advertising that Soy milk was much healthier then the real cow juice?

mmmmmmmmmmm....Man boobs are *so* much fun!

But soy isn't giving you yummy man boobs, the phytoestrogens in soy don't seem to affect breast tissue. At least that's what that article said.

Pam said:
mmmmmmmmmmm....Man boobs are *so* much fun!

But soy isn't giving you yummy man boobs, the phytoestrogens in soy don't seem to affect breast tissue. At least that's what that article said.
This post actually scared me.

Pam said:
You said you were man boob deficient. You're safe.

You know, sorta.
I like you Pam, but you can't expect me *not* to quote stuff like "Man boobs are *so* much fun!". you just can't.

Omri said:
I like you Pam, but you can't expect me *not* to quote stuff like "Man boobs are *so* much fun!". you just can't.

It's ok with me, I like making people laugh.

And *shrug* I like man boobs. Playing with them is like revenge for all the times some pimply-faced hormone factory of a teenager tried to feel me up.

Pam said:
It's ok with me, I like making people laugh.

And *shrug* I like man boobs. Playing with them is like revenge for all the times some pimply-faced hormone factory of a teenager tried to feel me up.
:lol:

Pam said:
the phytoestrogens in soy don't seem to affect breast tissue. At least that's what that article said.

dang, i was almost considering eating soy in hopes of more boobage...

well at least now i don't have to eat soy...

Back