• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Plantguy76 2021

I am still in the planing stage for this year grow.
My list is not even properly formed .
I got alot of old seed that I've been going threw & waiting for a order to come in.
This year really the direction I've been heading these past seasons is geared towards pepper jelly or rather Jam as I come to believe that's what I actually make .
I'm also looking towards pickling & hot sauce making .
My ideal pepper profile is hot to very hot ,sweet & fruity not much floral citrus is fine as well.
I loved the Yellow Trinidad Scorpion I had some seasons back crunchy , juicy & sweet with fruity & citrus tones
It was pretty darn hot as well.
I may of been a cross the guy I tried it form never would give a clear answer .
If it was a cross I believe it was with a scotch bonnet.
I've rambled enough for now lol.
Anyway my list for now has only one pepper on it & that's Rayados Jalapeno .
I will do a proper list when I've decided better just wanted to get the glog out.

Plantguy76 said:
I still have some of the 2017 seed of the JA Habs still nothing but maybe there late bloomer's
I am just grateful that you sent me some seed & I had the chance to try them.
I will save some fresh seed this Fall. I have
two plants, one with a purple gene. You are
first in line for both!

PaulG said:
I am an eagle. Flying over your grow. I look
down and see a palm tree plantation  :high:

Your doggie looks like a sweet little puppy!
He is & spoiled I've been signed in all this & didn't know it

PaulG said:
I will save some fresh seed this Fall. I have
two plants, one with a purple gene. You are
first in line for both!
Update those Jamaican Habs decided to make a showing
I am interested in those with the purple gene

Attachments

• IMG_20210331_121849531.jpg
    IMG_20210331_121849531.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 73
Plantguy76 said:
This is the package the Generic Jamaican Reds come form
Glad to see those Red Habaneros showing
up for you.

My JA Red Habaneros seed originally came
from either Devv or WalkGood. they both
sent the same seed at the same time. I think
Devv got his from WalkGood who got them
from Jamaica(?). Maybe Devv can clarify
that for me.

Will definitely save some of that purple seed
for you, buddy! Traditionally, the pods on my
red strain have been large and  spicy.

So I never got plants out for one reason or the other but there still going on the inside.
Still have not been up sized ether but that is going to happen soon.
There actually doing pretty good .
I plan to keep them by my window over winter then harden them off in may.
I need to take count there plenty I believe of Trippaul Threat F3 & native Mexican Sinahuisa, Hidalgo serrano 1 Jamaican Red Hab ,I generic Jamaican Red 2 Hababon Peach F1 I think or F2

I think I have time to get some cherry tomatoes & I am going to try & over winter a Cherokee Purple tomato
Also mom found some old lake valley mushroom pepper seed form 96
I am going to try & see if any of this super old seed will actually sprout 🌱
I have selected seed of red mushroom pepper form plants I got form Jim Duffy in 2017 I might try & start some of that as well.
It really depends on how many plants I will keep going for next season.
I have a red hab plant I picked up that has peppers on it will up size it as well
Probably will end up putting them in the grow tent with light if it gets too could in the kitchen

I have 1 Jamaican Red Hab started form Paul G seed .
It has alot of vigor & I've notice it has hairs on its trunk like a tomato would .
The leaves are a dark green .
I wonder will they turn purple next season.
I seem to remember Paul you mentioning that you had some like that .
In any case I got 14 plants there the Trippaul F3 peach some of them will have dark leaves 5 total ,5 2 Sinahuisa- 3 Hidalgo serrano's & Paul G interesting Jamaican Red Hab , Justin White 3 Hababon Peach F2 I think not sure if he even has these anymore .
I'm had to spray them for aphids awhile back but think there all good now just some leaf damage form stress but bouncing back .

Plantguy some great plants in your grow and nice to see some of PaulG plants and some other great varietys.
Your plants are bouncing back quickly from the aphid attack,chili's really are strong plants and can take some abuse.🙂

Thanks talas
I was about to order some pepper seeds I've been eyeing but this batch is well balance so probably want add any more to it.
That said I am considering ordering some Jamaican Red Mushroom & Foodarama red scotch bonnet for a cross project
The cross should result in a sweet hot with alot of fruity flavor but that would be separate form my main grow.
I am also planning on keeping & selecting form the Hababon peach & will probably send some f4 seeds to Paul of the Trippaul peach
These 14 are the chosen ones for next season lots of vigor a big thank you to Paul for sending me the seeds .
I got some great plants out of them .

Plantguy some great plants in your grow and nice to see some of PaulG plants and some other great varietys.
Your plants are bouncing back quickly from the aphid attack,chili's really are strong plants and can take some abuse.🙂

Last edited:
You have some great bugs around your place, @Plantguy76!

Glad you are winding down a successful season, and that
that you got the Peach Trippaul Threat to the seeding stage.

Back