• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Plantguy76 2022

[ Over Winter 2021]

3 - serrano's

Are supposed to be five for sure Trippaul Threat Peach F3
But there are 3 I know for sure are Trippaul peach two tall ones & a short one in the kitchen all three of those have this tree thing going on then there these two that are different.
I know that once there outside they will start to turn purple as they was for the short time they was out
So it will sort itself out.

1 Jamaican Red Hab

2 Peach Hababon F2 or possibly back to F1 crossed with unknown cap annuum

Total pepper plants 11

[2022 Peppers]

[capsicum chinense]
Papper Lantern OP - CraftyFox
Jamaican Red Hab A++ 2019 - Paul G
[Capsicum Annuum]
Possibly Jamaican Mushroom specially selected for UFO pheno type form 2017
Ive been soaking them for awhile seeds have not sunk take that for a bad sign but I believe some few did sank to the bottom will scoop out the floaters & sow the ones that sank.
IMG_20210825_185906638.jpg

Last edited:
The not brown date is most likely Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion form my research .
They seem to a bit smaller so I wonder if brown date crossed with them .
There still taking these time to change color but plant is loaded & has gotten taller .
Jamaican Red pods are starting to change again a great plant Paul .

I been waiting for the brown date cross with Jays Ghost Scorpion or just Jays Ghost Scorpion to ripen loading up but no color it's the last plant to change color
Still in the 80s want be a frost till October maybe later .
This has been a long summer it came earlier than normal .
So I am hoping that it will be a late frost since these apparently need a pretty long season

So my Brown Date Habanero form cross country nursery is indeed a cross.
I determined it is possibly crossed with yellow brain strain they are a similar phenotype to the yellow pic
It is a yellow brain strain form papa Joe's site.
The green similar looking pic is one of the brown date cross pods.
It matches with the brain strain pics & the bumpy phenotype or the bumpy brown date phenotype with tail it adds up with the Carmel color but in the end it's only a guess.

Last edited:
So I plant to over winter this plant & isolate it next season then select & save seeds as this one more than likely crossed with trippaul & even maybe Jamaican Red but more likely Trippaul as it's closer

My current collection of Jamaican Red & Trippaul pods
I am going to over winter a JA Red that I named Hercules because of how strong it is lives despite the ferals cats or heat etc

Back